Rytex

Lengths of Time For Mute/Gag Based On Offense

Posted  Edited by Rytex - Edit Reason: Spellcheck, a few details.

This happened on the TTT Minecraft server, but can be applied elsewhere.

At present, the system is at admin discretion.  I was given a gag by an admin that wont be referenced here (because he'll probably interrupt and flood the comments again).  No length of time was given on it until after almost an hour-long appeal process, which it was going to be a week MINIMUM.  This is my first offense and it was for one instance of micspam, not even close to loud, only with voice, and for all of about five seconds.

To clarify, this is not for every single gag and mute 5ever; only the "major" gags or mutes that crop up from time to time, such as advertising, harassment, trolling, spamming, game and chat disruption, shitposting, etc. etc.

The lengths of time can be debated based on severity (how much it disrupts chat/the game, how loud, etc.), but for the love of Lord Bendtner, make them published in the MOTDs.  Especially for first-time offenders, I feel like a week for the above instance is seriously overdoing it, especially for a topic so open to interpretation, with different admins doing different things, and oh so easily exploited.

Edited by Rytex
Spellcheck, a few details.

In your appeal you claimed that wasn't even you. So it's amazing how you're admitting to it now. But Idk about the other admins but I don't keep a note on who I did and didn't pgag especially considering name change's. So I usually unpgag someone if they ask to be ( I don't mean people I pgag that very day , I mean people I pgagged days ago or people other admins pgagged) and if they continue to be a nuisance I pgag them againa and I warn the other admins about this person and suggest not unpgagging them again. Anyways that's how I do thing's.

Achievements

1 minute ago, Kubnair said:

In your appeal you claimed that wasn't even you. So it's amazing how you're admitting to it now. But Idk about the other admins but I don't keep a note on who I did and didn't pgag especially considering name change's. So I usually unpgag someone if they ask to be ( I don't mean people I pgag that very day , I mean people I pgagged days ago or people other admins pgagged) and if they continue to be a nuisance I pgag them againa and I warn the other admins about this person and suggest not unpgagging them again. Anyways that's how I do thing's.

I'm not here's to admit or deny it (I can PM to you the copy-paste of a PM to Violator about my issues with the situation if you'd like, and I still say this remains a bullshit gag).  Objectively, all I said in this post was that I was gagged for an instance of micspam that I did do (something that is in the appeal), with nothing else about the context of said appeal included, and after said hour long fruitless appeal, I've just said "Fuck it, let's just make sure this doesn't happen to someone else."

OHHHHHHHH BOY

Still ignoring me and what I've said in previous comments in appeals

How about instead of trying to get out of it

Accept the gag

Behave 

Be good

And maybe you get ungagged early on good behaviour 

But again 

Lying

Going behind my back

And falsifying information to get what you want

Is not how I roll home slice 

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Rytex - Edit Reason: Autocorrect be adding words

I could ask a ton of questions, such as "at what point did I ask to be ungagged in this post?"  "How is this behind your back?"  "How have I falsified information?" (and I'm particularly interested in the answer to that one)  and finally "How have I lied?"  I could also point out that I have been awaiting the evidence you said you were getting for some time now, but still no logs, no screenshots, nothing positive or negative on this case from you.

I could do all of that, but that would be majorly off topic, and isn't meant for the closed Appeal thread.  This thread isnt about all that.  This thread is simply a suggestion for future reference sonthere is less of an issue about it later.

Edited by Rytex
Autocorrect be adding words

"this is off topic"

"I was given a gag by an admin that wont be referenced here (because he'll probably interrupt and flood the comments again)."

This sounds like appeal 

If it was not ment to be one

Then that information would not be relevant

But you added it

Cause you're trying to stir a pot

And play the "I'm a victim" card

and In your formal appeal I said it was not just one instance 

hell I don't have to go dig up proof of lying when you do it for me

Try to blame it on another person

Who's been pbaned for years

tries to drag @SenpaiapneS in behind my back

Nope not happening 

That's All

Achievements

Posted  Edited by SenpaiapneS
8 minutes ago, Roxie_Foxie said:

"this is off topic"

"I was given a gag by an admin that wont be referenced here (because he'll probably interrupt and flood the comments again)."

This sounds like appeal 

If it was not ment to be one

Then that information would not be relevant

But you added it

Cause you're trying to stir a pot

And play the "I'm a victim" card

and In your formal appeal I said it was not just one instance 

hell I don't have to go dig up proof of lying when you do it for me

Try to blame it on another person

Who's been pbaned for years

tries to drag @SenpaiapneS in behind my back

Nope not happening 

That's All

Ugh, I was being played. They played a very good victim and tricked me into thinking you were the bad guy, so of course I would help, little did I know, it was all of their evil plan to get un-gagged when they clearly deserved to be gagged in the first place. All I'm doing about this is keeping an eye out for white pony vans. (But seriously, keep an eye on @Rytex, for i smell trouble in the air).

Edited by SenpaiapneS

19 minutes ago, DanteSenpai said:

Ugh, I was being played. They played a very good victim and tricked me into thinking you were the bad guy, so of course I would help, little did I know, it was all of their evil plan to get un-gagged when they clearly deserved to be gagged in the first place. All I'm doing about this is keeping an eye out for white pony vans. (But seriously, keep an eye on @Rytex, for i smell trouble in the air).

Aight man.  Sure.  Both of you, even.  Keep an eye on me all you want.  I've had an incident-free few years on the server and only now am I suddenly particularly pissed and acting up.  I can handle a little scrutiny.

Real talk, if i were here to cause the double, wouldn't I have done so by now rather than hang wait almost a whole year to get started?  I'm pretty sure this is my first experience with Rox, as other admins on the server have tolerated my hijinks just fine, but not them.

it's just that I'm a little disgruntled, you see.  I get gagged for a week for an instance of micspam, feel it's a bad gag, ask him to remove it after a few minutes (he doesn't, spoiler), appeal to another admin and then make a formal appeal about it, get told to just sit there and take it anyway.

Basically, I get gagged, feel it's BS, and keep getting told "Shh, just let it happen."  Can you see why I'm a bit dissatisfied?

Posted  Edited by Roxie_Foxie

I've been admin here for years 

I've delt with you before 

And again

You've lied to me

Went behind my back

DENIED MIC SPAMMING TO ME

Then double backs and tells other admins he mic spammed

But wait I forgot

Completely ignored all responses I made in your formal appeal 

Only replies to partial replies here

Like seriously

Man up 

Edited by Roxie_Foxie

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Bae

I'm just going to say this:

This isn't a place to argue, if you want to argue please take it in private.

Perm gag is something that I believe only TTT has, I don't think any other server has it. Usually, it's supposed to be warning/temp gags but if you're a long-time rule breaker and doesn't listen no matter what, you'd eventually get listed as a perm gagger listing. We used to have a listing in the admin section (I'm pretty sure it's still there unless it's removed) of each admin of whom they gagged and how long, along with the SteamID and the reason why. 

I'm pretty sure advertising, especially if it's a legit advertisement is a different punishment than just a simple gag/mute.

EDIT

Time differs since they don't actually have a legitimate time frame, I believe that's something Violator has to adjust since primarily perm gag is on TTT as far as I know.

gag/mute on csgo/css is different from the ones gmod uses, so my response is only directed to gmod.

Edited by Bae

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

I thought it was pretty simple, don't scream in your mic and you won't get gagged.

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

I'm just going to go ahead and lock this. I honestly cannot tell if this was made out of rage or if it was an actual suggestion. Either way, if it is a suggestion, I don't think any more drama is necessary.

76561198088916523.png