FSG

MOTD

You know what would be a great idea for breach, for old and new players? A way of not forcing but highly recommending the new players to learn the rules and roles. This way regular players don't get rdmd by accident. The new players also feel more comfortable as they now know the game rules. 

How I suggest we do this: I would recommend to keep the motd when you join but for the first timers to show a text pop up before they spawn and play their first game alerting them, "Please, read the motd before you play." Or after every 5 games or so pop up the motd with a text above or below it saying "4 motd pop ups left" Obviously the 4 is replaced with how ever many are left. There would also be a X button like the regular motd but maybe some players will actually read it. 

This in my opinion would help the community with the huge problem of accidental rdm. Such as me yesterday, I got rdmd 6 games in a row, 4 of which were accidental rdm by new players. I wanted to quit playing so badly after that because of not being able to properly play for basically an hour. 

Hope this comes to light and approved or something even better. 

SEND MEMES

SEND NUDES

SEND FOOD

I'm lowkey a weeb...

tumblr_ohhs10xsG51vyefqgo7_540.gif

umaruchan.gif

50aa6758b04bcde6818c2a3bc90bd692.gif

Just because theres more enfocement to read it, doesnt mean people will.

And pestering players with it can cause them to be annoyed and leave.

Just seems like the basic punishment is good as is, in my opinion.

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $943 ($530 with sales)
  • Games owned: 174
  • Games played: 112 (64%)
  • Hours on record: 5,797.5h

17 minutes ago, Twig said:

Just because theres more enfocement to read it, doesnt mean people will.

And pestering players with it can cause them to be annoyed and leave.

Just seems like the basic punishment is good as is, in my opinion.

^ the basic punishments make them understand they did something wrong and usually read it i they care afterwards

bestpirate.gif.de491bde4cffb9a186b681b15af9a8d1.gif   76561198089778072.pnghehehe.gif

I mean, when you first join the server, the MOTD pops up for people to read, 99% of them just close whatever is on their screen so they can just play. Wouldn't be really much help. Best way of learning is learning from your mistakes. 

Server Manager of Squad.

be2e3ce9254c6a1d33fee472ec4323a3.png

I see what you're saying but as the amount of newer folks joining per day increases(which is already starting to happen) the more accide tal rdm will happen. Leading most people like myself to basically want to stop playing the game after so many times of it happening. I'm not saying to give them a punishment. I'm saying to enforce the motd more. Just a simple message in chatbox such as: "Welcome (name) to GFL Breach, please consider reading the !motd" might influence some to do so. Just a thought. 

SEND MEMES

SEND NUDES

SEND FOOD

I'm lowkey a weeb...

umaruchan.gif

I assume you're talking about gmod adverts. I'm pretty sure all servers which includes breach already has an advert that ask everyone to read the rules, but it may be in a different format/way. But the one you're requesting is a different type of addon, but its simple thing. 

It's not any staff's responsibility to babysit a player to have them read the rules. It's their responsibility. If they break a rule, it's up to the staff's discretion on how to handle it. If it's something very small like not reading the rules, I don't think a staff can do much about it until they actually break a rule on it.

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

29 minutes ago, Bae said:

I assume you're talking about gmod adverts. I'm pretty sure all servers which includes breach already has an advert that ask everyone to read the rules, but it may be in a different format/way. But the one you're requesting is a different type of addon, but its simple thing. 

It's not any staff's responsibility to babysit a player to have them read the rules. It's their responsibility. If they break a rule, it's up to the staff's discretion on how to handle it. If it's something very small like not reading the rules, I don't think a staff can do much about it until they actually break a rule on it.

Obviously it's not the staff's job to babysit the newcomers, they have other more important stuff to do. The way that I think of it is, if a new comer reads the rules, most likely they won't break a rule. In turn, admins don't have to spend time on the person as they didn't do anything wrong. Which gives the admins more time for other things, rather than having to read reports with the newbies stating they didn't know. It would make things at the very least a little more efficient for admins. It will also stop some of the accidental rdm. 

SEND MEMES

SEND NUDES

SEND FOOD

I'm lowkey a weeb...

umaruchan.gif

Punishment is light enough to make sure they're not breaking rules on purpose. I like the current system

quit gagging me you absolute knobs :lenny:

Party of Lenin, strength of the people,

To Communism's triumph lead us on!

Breach Admin

76561198006818162.png

tumblr_inline_ou1kmzZFpH1uo8lff_540.gif

Leader of the League of GFL Communists