akphilo

Suggestion that has been made a lot yet....

Sorry to bother with this but what if lower tier admoons can make an extend vote. When we play tryhard maps and the team improved during the map but had a weak start, two extends dont cut it. If this will get through i will probably shoot myself because people may extend maps i hate.

Tier 2 can extend maps under following condition:

Do a vote "Extend y/n and the hurdle for passing the vote will be absurdly high: 90% (this ofc must be discussed between you guys)

This will ensure people will not message higher tier admins and give the player base an enhanced feeling of controlling if they really desire it. This is a plus if you see it this way.
I opened this topic because i feel a lot of admins are not very active anymore. This has slighty shifted again to more activity last week, but i saw some faces more frequently. But this is another topic.

Cheers 

Nied

your profile is 33% complete!

It really is frustrating when you have good players and you're close to beating the map but there is no t3 online. Don't see why we can't make this possible if the majority of the players in the server want to extend for a few more tries.

12 hours ago, kikofly said:

t3 never meant to have extend powers in the first place. let alone giving it to t2's

11 hours ago, koala said:

We’ve discussed this before, it’s not going to happen.

Hi kiko and koala. Honestly i am not surprised by your reaction. Sure, i can understand you dont want to discuss this matter seriously since it has been brought up numerous times. I dont want to sound rude, but we as a community have a voice too that want to be heard. I dont have much time today since i got to go in 5 minutes visiting my family, but i wish we can extend this discussion instead of saying just "no". 

I spend a lot of time on gfl, but you have to see my point of view too. Or even all of the player base. We only see the surface of gfl. We play the game and enjoy it. We dont know what happens behind the curtain. I feel there is more about it. Why is this matter almost "tabou". I dont want to sound like an ass speaking of "we", but we have an interest to make gfl work and flourish too, you know? Be it doing maps, helping answering simple questions from newcomers or leading a group to victory. I would prefer talking to you directly.

Time is up. See you tomorrow

12 hours ago, Flops said:

He brings up a good point, is it really beating a map if an admin extends it further multiple times?

4 hours ago, RuO said:

It really is frustrating when you have good players and you're close to beating the map but there is no t3 online. Don't see why we can't make this possible if the majority of the players in the server want to extend for a few more tries.

Thread is still young.

Cheers 

Nied

your profile is 33% complete!

16 hours ago, RuO said:

I mean, if someone really wanted an extend, they can simply PM one of us on Steam or even tag us on discord. Personally, if I was available I wouldn't mind coming on to check the team and extend, but no one bothered asking a t3 to come to extend  S_A_M so....¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I get both sides... 

Part of the conditions that exist that would constitute "Beating" a map would be you have an allotted amount of time/tries to do it... Playing a map for 18 hrs strait till enough noobs leave and you get the perfect mix of tryhards/good listeners on at the same time to win does not feel like as much of a win as beating the map with the team you have with the standard amount of try. 

On the other hand, being right on the cusp of winning and needed just that one more extend, I know how frustrating that can be... (I mean, I was there for the 6 months of nightly AESTHETIC tries...). I would say though, in this situation it does not seem to be all that hard to pop into discord and ask for a T3 to come help... someone is almost always on and available from my experience. I think having that discord option is a good solution to the problem for case by case situations as they come up. Also you then get to experience the interesting things in GLF ZE discord (or the surface of the deep web as I like to call it....) 

On 21/10/2017 at 11:56 PM, RuO said:

Wasted time and mps so many times