Worgee

Open positions

@Joshy The actual reply is that Nick wanted to make it implemented to the website and not just a thread :) I made the part that I could and hope that the techy guys can do what they do ;) 

Nerd

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Joshy

Another suggestion would be to describe the positions once, and then to list the positions instead of putting the same description with each one ie.

(overall description below)

- POSITION DESCRIPTION -

Server Manager

Bla bla bla bla we lollygag and don't know what to do lala lalalala please help me what's an if statement?  I also never play on my own server and lose motivation if the wind blows north.

Server Admin

I know how to do everything until you make me a Server Manager, and I don't code nope.  Make me Council.  k. thx. bye.

Operator

I'm really the same as an admin.  I have superpowers now.  I will tell people what to do.

(list of open positions without descriptions since its already described above)

- AVAILABLE POSITIONS -

CS:GO ZOMBIE ESCAPE

• Server Manager
  • Server Admin
  • Trial Admin

CS:GO SURF RPG DM

• Server Manager
  • Senior Admin
  • Server Admin

I think the technical goals the team has is ambitious, but it's not practical to maintain unless you expect the positions to be open for long or you have an easy way for the Server Managers to update the webpage.  Given our history: I doubt that is the case.  This could make a very good thread, and it would be more easy to update unless the Developer team already has something in place-- if they didn't, then I still think you've made a solid framework and have something to work with, and so I'll say bravo; you can start it off as a thread and then transcribe it to a webpage later when it's ready (just work with whatever known good system you've got for now).  Some positions can get a little more specific such as Developer...  I always see them responding to applications "bla bla we have enough LUA coders I'm looking for PHP", and so you could describe it vaguely looking for someone who is conceptually sound or competent, and then hint at some of the programming skills that'll make an application stand out (example case).  The same applies for the Media Team.

I'm not sure if we're short on people wanting to apply for positions?  Are we short staffed?  I'm not sure if advertising the positions more is going to help us much although I cannot say it would hurt, and I suppose it would be helpful given the "external" stuff.  I'm really glad the team is considering people from outside of the community too... too bad I practically had riots against me when I went for it.

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Well, I did try to bring in managers to let them choose what they wanted but only 1 did something. I will remodel it at some point but I'm working on several things atm an this is not my first priority.

I'm glad to get your feedback @Joshy and alot of it does indeed look good and I'll work with what I can :) 

Nerd

Achievements

1 hour ago, Worgee said:

Well, I did try to bring in managers to let them choose what they wanted but only 1 did something. I will remodel it at some point but I'm working on several things atm an this is not my first priority.

I'm glad to get your feedback @Joshy and alot of it does indeed look good and I'll work with what I can :) 

You're doing great, and I hope my feedback doesn't suggest anything otherwise.  "You can lead a [thirsty] horse to water, but you can't force it to drink."

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Lol, I'm just going to hide the comments since the job Wall shows the open positions and is up to date. PM me or the manager/DL of the server/division if you have questions regarding open positions.

Nerd

Achievements