Otter

GoldenEye Source Download tutorial

Posted  Edited by Otter

I just recently learned that GoldenEye Source is a mod. It's an FPS that doesn't have the best graphics, but it is very fun to play.

It's a Half Life 2 mod.

Tutorial:

1. Go to http://www.moddb.com/mods/goldeneye-source/downloads/ges-v424-full-installer-exe

1.5. You might have to make an account on the website.

2. Hit the pink download button that says "Download NOW!" fa8038b8fcc726a21640ef5bf9462c72.png

3. Let it download. It's a 1.15GB download so it shouldn't take too long. Even for me it took like 20 minutes.

4. Click on the .exe file. It should pop up with a Steam download of Source SDK Base 2007. This is 2.2GB. Shouldn't take too long.

5. Once you have download both of those, just click on the .exe of GoldenEye Source(icon looks like this 247ad7c7dec0bf49be14daea5fad21a5.png). It also shows up in your Steam Library if you load it up.

You've now downloaded the base game. Enjoy. If you want to play more than just the base game here is the community maps made for it.

1. Go to http://www.moddb.com/mods/goldeneye-source/addons/goldeneye-source-january-2015-community-map-pack

2. Hit the "Download NOW!" button in the middle of the screen as shown above. (76MB)

3.  Once it is downloaded, go to your Steam folder, click on steamapps, then click on sourcemods and drag the map folder into it.  C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods should look like this

If you need help downloading it, just ask me.

Have fun.

If you can play this without Half Life 2, let me know!

If you get a virus because of YOUR stupidity. It's not my fault, or GFLclan's. I didn't get a virus and I only have Windows Defender.

Edited by Otter

26 minutes ago, Otter said:

If you get a virus because of YOUR stupidity. It's not my fault, or GFLclan's. I didn't get a virus and I only have Windows Defender.

Windows Defender?  Ouch...

wEEZhpy.jpg.54370668acb451a1bac8a5011679ce7b.jpg 

(Made by @Rose, thx :D)

[Former]- Breach Admin, OLD Purge SR. Admin, HnS admin, GMOD Murder admin, GMOD JB Admin, TTT Admin, Forum Moderator, Discord Moderator, Public Relations Team Member, Media Team Member

I'm out

At least I'm glad you're playing GoldenEye Source. I've found this years ago and they were fantastic game to play. Too bad not enough people play this.

76561198043643390.png

Would've been great if I wasn't Vac banned

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198058101056/

76561198058101056.pngAddFriend.png

"...You do a thing and it becomes the paint others will use on their canvas

of the internet for their memes" - Michael Stevens, Vsauce

2014 - 2020

Thanks for the good times, kings.

Former Global Admin

Achievements