strawberry crab

The new update "balances" some new things but breaks others

Posted  Edited by strawberry crab

The New Update makes it so that 1471 is now more stealthy and damage has been buffed for the m249 so why would this balancing update even show the slightest hint of braking some things? Well the thing this update sort of broke is the gates. 

strawberry, the hp of the gates was raised so the scps don't break through them so easily, and you'd be right that is if every scp were as fast as 457 and/or 2521 at breaking down gates. though here's the thing most of the scps are not that fast and will spend a decent four minutes trying to break down that gates. if your 066 or 610-b you're better at just leaving that gate alone and be a bullet sponge for your comrades cause you are not going to breakdown that gate alive.  It was already relatively  balanced at 20k there was no need to give it 50% more hp. If the scps were really breaking down the gate so easily why not just power up the mtf 50% or something like that rather than the gate as it's just an unnecessarily large hinderance to all parties when at 30k hp.  

I don't know maybe I'm wrong. Maybe there's still some way to break it down more easily. Maybe this was the manager's intentions. 

Well if I am wrong I know that at least 6 people are wrong with me I suppose. multiple 049-2 and 682 could not break gate a down.  a screen cap of the most recent session.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1557268908

Edited by strawberry crab

space.png

I Agree, i thought myself that 20k was too much but 30k is just making it overly strong, its like the old days when you couldn't break the gates, you can't get through, you need every SCP to work on it and even then it will take awhile.

817658739_FlowerZ.thumb.png.5bf77aa140b61b74c725a98d32be45f8.png

image.png.47609d048ef327e928a296b5149734fb.png

I agree with the change they have made. It makes it so SCPs with a quick attack speed breaking gates down really quickly. This is to slow them down on breaking them down and escaping in 3 or 4 minutes. Buffing MTF could make them OP and potentially be a problem. This simple change balances things out nicely than having a certain team be more op than the other. Besides MTF, d class and researchers can open it up with a keycard. This change basically only effects the SCP mostly.

Number 15. Infinity War Spoilers. The last thing you want is Infinity War Spoilers, but that's what you might get.

20 minutes ago, MrNoobyNoob said:

I agree with the change they have made. It makes it so SCPs with a quick attack speed breaking gates down really quickly. This is to slow them down on breaking them down and escaping in 3 or 4 minutes. Buffing MTF could make them OP and potentially be a problem. This simple change balances things out nicely than having a certain team be more op than the other. Besides MTF, d class and researchers can open it up with a keycard. This change basically only effects the SCP mostly.

@MrNoobyNoob I agree with you for the most part this simple change does slow the fast attack scps. the gripe that I have with it is that the 30k hp makes the gate hinderance really more of a unnecessary endurance test for scps that are not 457/2521 rather than it well  a being fair & hard task. Your right, buffing the mtf is not the way to go but just something to even it out is all that's really needed like a small buff to scp gate damage rate or something for 049, 173 etc. because the way it stands right now is just borderline tedious imo.

space.png

Sure it is tedious for scps, but it makes it so SCPs stay in the facility more besides focusing on breaking down a gate. The gate hp makes it so SCP must take down people besides rushing to the gate. 

Number 15. Infinity War Spoilers. The last thing you want is Infinity War Spoilers, but that's what you might get.

2 minutes ago, MrNoobyNoob said:

Sure it is tedious for scps, but it makes it so SCPs stay in the facility more besides focusing on breaking down a gate. The gate hp makes it so SCP must take down people besides rushing to the gate. 

alright I suppose it being borderline tedious is a some-what necessary if you look at from that sense. Will the hp of the gate ever be any higher cause a 40k - 50k is just asking too much from even the scps that have quick attack patterns.

space.png

I doubt it be up to 40k to 50k. Scps will need a major buff for that, but they would also need a nerf. So i dont think that will happen any time soon.