The Q-man

Event #106 -- Tryhard & Chill

Event Overview:

Hello everyone, sorry for the late announcement.

For this event we'll be playing:

• ze_portal_story_v3_2
  • ze_sunkentemple_v3_1s
  • ze_random_v9
  • ze_onahole_v3s_fix
  • ze_icecap_escape_v3
  • ze_tyranny_v5fix

Day and time of the event:

• Saturday, November 24th @ 10pm GMT-0
To check at which time the event is for you, check this website to give you an idea.
Eventually the times will be posted in our Steam group for your convenience so make sure to join it so you can see the exact time at which it starts for you!
Special Kickers:
  • Portal Story - Fall damage enabled
  • Sunkentemple - Famas as only primary weapon, 
  • Onahole - Famas as only primary waepon, Extreme levels only
  • Tyranny - Famas as only primary weapon, Special map modifications
  • Random and Icecap - Played as long as players want (Max time limit 60 minutes), Admins can add their own surprise special kickers (low grav, item plugin, etc.)
VIP Rewards:
  • Win 4 out of the 6 maps for a week of V.I.P.!
Duration of the event:
  • 4-5 hours should be enough
Rules:
  • Regular server rules will apply for this event as usual
  • Micspamming (preventing a leader from leading) is not allowed
  • Sitting in spec unless you're a spectating admin is not allowed.
Leaders:
Anyone willing to be. 
See you Today!

Posted  Edited by RainGamma
20 minutes ago, The Q-man said:

Prepare your lennies ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

oh yeah :lenny:

Edited by RainGamma

Posted  Edited by _William_

Just some reflections on parts of this event:

Portalstory and sunkentemple were all fine and worked great
Random:  "Admins can add their own surprise special kickers (low grav, item plugin, etc.)" is and was in my opinion a bad, even terrible, idea. Especially considering how these settings were constantly changed, mid round too. The whole map turned into a big messy delay rather than a map in an event or at least something enjoyable or to tryhard. 
Onahole: Famas only wasn't the best idea. It worked but it made it really tedious and inconvenient. The bees on extreme require p90 or m249 to be killed quickly together with rebinds (which most people have binds for p90s on but not famas). 

Also I feel like you need to be more active at the slaying part. Often there is 1-3 people alive delaying but we're waiting forever until they are found and killed by zm. 
And you really should disable torchTV for events... 

To put it bluntly, as I pointed out in the event, whoever thought of this event didn't seem to have thought it through or knew the maps. It really only seems like some random last minute picked map with random kickers slapped on to it with no real motivation? 

Edited by _William_

Uɳʅσȥҽ ʂρყ

Posted  Edited by Vanya
On 11/24/2018 at 7:35 PM, _William_ said:

Just some reflections on parts of this event:

Portalstory and sunkentemple were all fine and worked great
Random:  "Admins can add their own surprise special kickers (low grav, item plugin, etc.)" is and was in my opinion a bad, even terrible, idea. Especially considering how these settings were constantly changed, mid round too. The whole map turned into a big messy delay rather than a map in an event or at least something enjoyable or to tryhard. 
Onahole: Famas only wasn't the best idea. It worked but it made it really tedious and inconvenient. The bees on extreme require p90 or m249 to be killed quickly together with rebinds (which most people have binds for p90s on but not famas). 

Also I feel like you need to be more active at the slaying part. Often there is 1-3 people alive delaying but we're waiting forever until they are found and killed by zm. 
And you really should disable torchTV for events... 

To put it bluntly, as I pointed out in the event, whoever thought of this event didn't seem to have thought it through or knew the maps. It really only seems like some random last minute picked map with random kickers slapped on to it with no real motivation? 

First off I should be jumping in and saying that the idea of "admins given the chance to fuck around" was not Crobat's idea, this I'll admit was a last second idea by mine since from a realistic point of view, no one ever plays Icecap or Random to win them.

The entire incentive behind admins fucking around is not to delay "a win round", but rather to encourage players to sit back and chill, since that's the whole point about those maps being there (and I know we had a full server on Random even with all these things going on, sadly this wasn't the case for Icecap and it was mostly because I hear Onahole was a failure, not because of the entire admin fuckery thing).

Secondly, this wasn't some "randomly put nomination", Crobat suggested this event idea (minus admins being able to fuck around) and passed it over for all admins to see and agree with. Everyone agreed with it (and in fact we had a little help with a Stripper cfg for Portal Story to ensure that the map worked all fine and dandy), the Famas idea did seem a little bit specific but other than that this nomination was not made 40 minutes before the event or so, but rather, almost an entire weekend before the event.

If this wishes to be a request from now onward before allowing any sort of fuckery by admins on these chill maps a win round must be had first and then the fuckery can be done afterwards.

Also to the person that complained about admins being lazy and not giving V.I.P., you're also wrong. As stated in the pinned thread from this subforum we are now giving much less V.I.P. that is much harder to win because unlike in .ru, the V.I.P. you win from these events applies to every server so naturally we don't want to be known as the community that just gives free V.I.P. everytime.

Edited by Vanya

23 hours ago, Vanya said:

Also to the person that complained about admins being lazy and not giving V.I.P., you're also wrong

im guessing you were referring to one of my comments in another thread?

im not talking about vip being harder to earn, im talking about it a: taking a while to be given out compared to .ru and b: not even being given out at all in some cases