Console

Possibility of opening a second ZE server

Posted  Edited by nick027nd

This has been debated and even implemented in the past when @Kim and I managed CSGO ZE. As well, I think this was brought up once or twice when CSS ZE was our pride and joy. As our NA CSGO ZE server was #1, we added an EU server as an exact copy, but it never really took off despite our efforts. Maybe it was bad timing or maybe people weren't interested and would rather play in the more populated server. Having a single server seemed enough for us at the time. We offered a "premium" product that drew players in. They'll gladly wait for someone to leave until a spot opens up, as I and many have done. If you don't want to wait, it encourages donating to get a reserved slot.

Pros:

-More players

-More members

-More donations

-Allows players to still play, despite the main being full

-Puts GFLs name out there with the possibility at getting in the top 5 ranked servers

Cons: 

-Could split the existing community and impact population

-Favoritism could spawn as a result of the split (not necessarily a bad thing, but worth mentioning)

-Could stress out existing server staff as they try to find new members qualified to staff the server

-Could impact our #1 position

Of course with the implementation of F2P, it allows a wider availability to everyone so its an obvious win, but there's a possibility for a very rocky start that could cause some of the cons I mentioned down the road (maybe not).

I'm not really for or against it, but I thought I'd offer some insight.

Edited by nick027nd

76561198028549341.pngAddFriend.png

Something interesting is supposed to go here.

Posted  Edited by Ninja Chris
On 12/24/2018 at 2:50 AM, ReivaX said:

@Ninja Chris well loan hates or hated her time at DTK...

Maybe it's time to team up and take them out for good!

I think anyone who's played a semi-functioning server (including Zeddy's) hates DTK and understands how shit and poorly managed it is. Been helping them fix it for the past few days but I might try and convince them to set up their own server because Squall is going to keep holding the server back. Guess it's free hosting for now though. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edited by Ninja Chris

If you don't care about being #1 then you can at least try it. The server hopping will be insane with players trying to get on a fun map or away from shit ones like final fantasy. Overnight hours will also reflect poorly on each one because while one server is asleep, any night owls will migrate towards the more populated one where players have congregated for better ping.

It's never permanent though, and you can always revert back to just one when the overseas server becomes just an admin playground/training area...again.