LilyShiro

Lily Ban Appeal

Posted  Edited by LilyShiro

Name: Lily

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:8115

Banned by: TheSadBandit

Ban reason: Telling people how to create a gmod cheat

Why you should be unbanned:

Because It's a hilarious ban reason and at this point, it seems some TTT admins are finding any reason to ban me at this point.

First off, the "chat log" is this

*DEAD* [GFL Member] Lily: wha tabout it
*DEAD* [GFL Member] Lily: its a netvar on a player.
*DEAD* [GFL Member] Lily: It's not a command
*DEAD* [GFL Member] Lily: To get m_hObserverTarget, you must be cheating.
~ other players talking ~
*DEAD* [GFL Member] Lily: no, I'm just saying a fun fact.
*DEAD* [GFL Member] Lily: There is a ton of netvars
*DEAD* [GFL Member] Lily: like 60?
*DEAD* [GFL Member] Lily: m_fFlags, m_clrRender

~ map change ~

[GFL Member] Lily: If you wanna get walls, you're gonna need to use GetOrigin() on the player
[GFL Member] Lily: and draw accordingly

If you can read this, there is a few things to point out.

• NetVars are not "cheats", they are literally built into the source engine and the game uses it, itself. Any coder that has ever worked with the source engine knows what these are
  • Someone asked "how do I get walls" (I assume sarcastically) so I responded sarcastically. All I said wrote was literally "find where they are and draw a box"
  • Even if I literally gave an in-depth explanation on how to write a cheat, it would take literally years for anyone to get to the coding knowledge and skill to write one. It's not easy, it's not info you can just google.
  • Which, leads me to my final point, Aside from saying "get their position and draw a box", I didn't mention anything about cheating. The fact I was banned for "talking about cheating" leads me to believe the admin who banned me really does not know a single thing about coding or cheating, or anything in gmod in particular, and was simply looking for a reason to ban me -- Probably why every single time I press tab, I can see him sitting in spectate for 10+ rounds with Motor. Personal reasons much?
  • edit1: None of the info I state was private at all and could easily be found on Valve's own wiki that they support and run.

So now that you know all of these bullet points and tidbits of info, we can pretty much realize that I was just banned for "telling others how to get cheats" for simply saying

[GFL Member] Lily: If you wanna get walls, you're gonna need to use GetOrigin() on the player
[GFL Member] Lily: and draw accordingly

which translates to

Find their position and draw a box around them

Seriously? Gonna ban me for stating the obvious that every single person in the world knows? You're telling me no one knows that drawing a box on a player's position will give you walls? C'mon.

With a 3rd permaban underway and soon a 3rd unban, I'm actually curious as to why they keep doing things with such flimsy evidence or dumb reasons.

Edited by LilyShiro

Guest SkydivingSquid
Posted  Edited by SkydivingSquid

@TheSadBandit - You can a ban appeal.

Edited by SkydivingSquid

Posted  Edited by TheSadBandit

It's not flimsy evidence when you tell people how to cheat.

Also, I like the fun fact you said about how to know who's spectating you as soon as I started spectating you, just a random piece of advise for our Gmod players right?

1355494431_ScreenShot2019-01-16at12_09_50AM.thumb.png.0d3a258750f9116ec80678848cd154e3.png

1936856393_ScreenShot2019-01-16at12_20_31AM.thumb.png.fb94e7d3927cebeda3223fb8fe6abe1e.png

Ban appeal denied.

@Zebra @MilkMan

Edited by TheSadBandit

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

5 minutes ago, LilyShiro said:

Unfortunately bad timing for you, because I was actually teasing Motorsteak who's been in spectate way longer than you.

Secondly, I'm not telling people how to cheat, if you read my first post... Please re-read it.

i was asleep, nice bait

(i know this was locked don't shoot me)

Telling people how to cheat on my server will not be allowed. It's like telling people your hacking and allowing others to hack in the server as well. Not appreciated. If you think it's just "another reason" to ban you, that's "hilarious".

giphyMilkMan.gif.fb5ae94508aa4d64ac8cb43f19d36ff4.gif