DUSTY

Disabling spec to get back on Gametracker

Posted  Edited by gkuo88

Eh just give dusty wot he wants and if the server dies, we can mock on him later. If the server doesn't die then there's no problemo. I'm still gonna explain why he's Cute and Funny!.

Spectate was never a problem because long ago you never had that many spectators and gametracker never picked up on it, because we never had that many spectators. Since dusty likes things that coincide with each other, I'll also point out your spectator base began growing soon after bhop was implemented. Who would have ever thought that powering up zombies would lead to longer sessions and alot of players just rather wait till the very end. Oh yea, also spectate had been disabled on a lot of zombie escape servers for a long long time.

Playing as zombie will always be boring. Long ago people threw a hissy fit, you got bhop to make zombies more entertaining, and now playing as a zombie is even more boring than it is before and people want to play as zombie even less than before. Srsly how Cute and Funny!.

1. All maps are built around winning as a human. That is generally the end goal of the players. On an easy map like POTC, players will value winning as a human over winning as a zombie even though human wins are alot more common. On a hard map like santa.... well everyone already knows that a human win is more valued than a zombie win there. Human wins are unique on every map, zombie wins generally feel the same. After a year or so of playing zombie, those zombie wins get stale. Increase zombie potential, and zombies get wins faster which makes it even go stale faster. 

If you want to solve this problem, you can go yell at playerbase and hopefully they'll change their mentality/map choice. lol it be real Cute and Funny!.

2. Human victory and zombie victory are nothing more than parts of the same circle. You can increase the zombie's capability to win, but you're going to have to acknowledge increasing all other players capability of winning as a zombie as well. You get the ability to screw over humans while playing as a zombie, they get the ability to screw you over when you're a human. You can't increase the chance of winning as a zombie while keeping the same chances of winning as a human. The css server had buffed zombies continuously and everyone soon got sick of that because they cared more about winning as a human. Then they all began selectively choosing their fights by either leaving or going to spectate to wait for the right moment. Problem is when that happens, people stop coming onto the server normally and the playerbase gets Cute and Funny!.

You can think about it this way, is it worth high chance of winning as a zombie on maps like potc at the price of a even lower chance of winning on maps like santa and fape? Think about these for a second.

- For harder maps, you will either end up staying a longer time on the map due to increased losses, or the session may be considered hopeless. Are you willing to stay in these sessions and continue playing for hours even if you think it might be a waste of time?

- In another case, the playerbase will shift to an easier set of maps due to the difficulty change. Will you be willing to play on maps that you might have won many times in the past, even if they do not interest you as much?

Note that if the joy of playing as a zombie overcomes the human experience in both situations then there is no problems for you, and you can argue that people can have the same mentality as you and it has helped draw players to the server. However, if you begin to avoid the server more often because you dont like dealing with these situations, then you probably consider that other players do the same, and ya kinda ruined the game a bit more for everyone.

3. People have always argued that zombies are powerless yet the game remains in an odd balance where they aren't constantly winning as humans nor are they constantly winning as zombies. As far as I'm concerned, players tend to be Cute and Funny! and not able to look at the bigger picture. Like I said, you can't expect win all the time while you're the human and win all the time while you're the zombie.

- Case 1: Maps with high human win rates tend to also not have leadership. Even though zombie do not win the round, humans also don't have teamwork that makes zombies feel near powerless. Zombies will make a few kills here or there. Also these sessions end early because humans win early and rtv for next map.

- Case 2: Maps with low human win rates fall into 2 categories. The first category being no leadership, which zombies make kills usually at the same rate as case 1, but players end up RTVing the map because they think its hopeless to win as a human, and they're in it to win as a human.

- Case 3: A map with a low human win rate but with leadership. During these sessions, there is teamwork and this is probably the only case where I can argue that zombies are "powerless". That's because the leader can get the team to work together and effectively get the zombie kill rate as low as possible. Take frostdrake for example. In order to get past the parkour tower, you need to get around 30 people to survive before the parkour part. This means for 15 minutes, zombies cannot kill more than 20 people. Assuming we start with 10 zombies, that means zombies end up killing at a rate of 1 per 7.5 minutes, aka 8 minutes of just running. Note that the larger picture for case 3 is that zombies still win more often, but it is questionable if they enjoyed their experience compared to case 1, where they were making kills more often. 

We usually have case 1 and case 3 in general, and people avoid case 2. And increasing zombie power simply lead to more case 2 which causes people to avoid those sessions more often. Who should be blamed for this situation? Mappers who make maps requiring low zombie kill rates for a victory? Leaders for leading and creating a low kill rate situation? Or maybe the playerbase for avoiding case 2? Everything is relative to the player. You can make zombies more powerful, but you have to ensure the playerbase chooses not to avoid the consequences such as case 2. if they do avoid the consequences, they go back to the other cases and continue complaining about how zombies are powerless.

Oh and bhop also ruined the balance by making it so the bhoppers got most of the kills and the new players didn't get any. You bhoppers are all Cute and Funny!.

Edited by gkuo88

Posted  Edited by ReivaX

yeah but no one answered my question, if there's a time limit on speccing why do we have to have a limit of 3...

wait, maybe if we removed bhopping...

Edited by ReivaX

Posted  Edited by FireStarter
On 9/1/2019 at 8:12 AM, gkuo88 said:

Spectate was never a problem because long ago you never had that many spectators and gametracker never picked up on it, because we never had that many spectators.

Other ZE servers have been hit (with deranking) for the same reason at about the same time as GFL: Mapeadores, PSE, RSS, Net4all...

The problem with Gametracker has been discussed here on GFL: Server is not eligible for ranking.

Edited by FireStarter

Hmm, maybe you're rite on that fire, though it be hard to confirm that gametracker had changed something within their policy within that time frame. Then again, gametracker is probably the lesser of worries compared to the bigger issue of growing number of spectators. Many ze servers in the past have banned spectating, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't related to gametracker...

Not to be memeing but jesus 

From playing from time to time.

Why do the server settings feel so much different from 2016. What I mean by different I mean by worse and actually feel like a step backwards.

I know everyone changes, everything changes, but in gfl csgo ze It lost alot of oomph. Can you just copy and paste 2016 settings and just put it in today's settings. I say 2016 settings because I feel that was gfl ze prime now it feels so filtered.