Luigi

Lowering the percentage on admin extend votes and other few suggestions

We have not extended alot of times just because the vote was 73% or 74%(75% required).My suggestion is to lower the percentage to 70%-65% since that is still majority of the server.Not extending because of 2% is really frustrating and I think im not the only one who thinks the same and I got quite annoyed tonight on fapescape rote.I also have another suggestion of adding a command of !voteextend (Which is basically alot of people that type that command on chat,once it reaches a certain amount of people it starts an extend vote),which would mean we dont need admins on the server to extend.One last thing would be,when a vote comes up with no admins on the server,people dont get auto muted(at least cts).I know it could be a little flawed depending on the situation,but i think we got more cases of people leading maps with no admins on and getting a round ruined because a vote came up and people didnt know where to go."but wah just use the !leader command!".Most people dont even know what !leader is,and having to vote leader every single round gets annoying and most people just forget about it after few rounds.

Doubt you guys will listen to the community but PLEASE just make these few changes,I can guarantee you alot of people will stand with me on this one.

11 minutes ago, Luigi said:

Doubt you guys will listen to the community but PLEASE just make these few changes,I can guarantee you alot of people will stand with me on this one.

Nah man, we haven't been listening to the community AT ALL

/s

Posted  Edited by willywilson

I'm just happy they started to give us admin extends, and gave back minas for a few weeks, oh also the ff maps are nice to have too. We didn't have those a few months ago, but imo the biggest changes should be....

Increasing the map pool, or at least bringing in maps that crash on admin nom list for t2+ so that we can actually play some very beloved maps whenever admins are on and can moderate / make sure the server doesn't die on the off chance of a crash, or are broken (i.e. paranoid, so an admin can /slay if static happens) (i.e. let t2+ nominate minas, aesthetic, slender, paranoid, etc.)

Edited by willywilson

29 minutes ago, xSnowyAngel said:

Nah man, we haven't been listening to the community AT ALL

/s

well i mean every regular with a brain told yall that diddle extreme wouldnt work in the idealistic world yall set it in but that didnt stop yall from going ahead with it like a person hitting their head against a brick wall so idk where you get off /sing anything related to critism of your listening ability. frankly speaking im pretty sure Helen Keller had better listening ability than yall do. also how likely is it to receive 75% vote on anything if we are going purely on everyone voting that means 48 people need to vote yes that is a wide margin of error 65% is much more manageable and representative of the server actual opinion since trolls and people voting no simply because they want to introduce a little chaos will be less effective.

Posted  Edited by Vauff
12 minutes ago, phantom153 said:

well i mean every regular with a brain told yall that diddle extreme wouldnt work in the idealistic world yall set it in but that didnt stop yall from going ahead with it like a person hitting their head against a brick wall so idk where you get off /sing anything related to critism of your listening ability. frankly speaking im pretty sure Helen Keller had better listening ability than yall do. also how likely is it to receive 75% vote on anything if we are going purely on everyone voting that means 48 people need to vote yes that is a wide margin of error 65% is much more manageable and representative of the server actual opinion since trolls and people voting no simply because they want to introduce a little chaos will be less effective.

You know diddle extreme was voted for by the community right?..

Edited by Vauff

Posted  Edited by donchill

basically i agree and i have mentioned this also before to have 2/3 which is about 67% for the vote to pass.

leader setting could also change so it is for the whole map

for voteextend command i dont agree, this was abused sometimes on other servers ive played on and then got removed

Edited by donchill

Posted  Edited by Duma
9 hours ago, donchill said:

basically i agree and i have mentioned this also before to have 2/3 which is about 67% for the vote to pass.

leader setting could also change so it is for the whole map

for voteextend command i dont agree, this was abused sometimes on other servers ive played on and then got removed

I don’t see how a !voteextend could be abused and going off from Luii and Phantom there are sometimes when the server is playing a map where we are winning and about to beat the map and the vote comes up with “over played” maps and the sever votes for them which didn’t extend the map the server was playing. It’s frustrating because even if a admin was on and did a vote extend people are gonna vote no to get off the map because they don’t know how to play it or wanna make the people that wanna beat the map mad. 

Also if the admin did do a vote to extend and the majority of the server votes yes and like Luii said 73% voted yes but it’s not 75% which means no extend and just because the 2% of people voted no we should extend anyways if it was 73% because the server actually wants to keep playing the map and want to beat it and shouldn’t be changed to the next map over a 2% difference. It has happened many times where the sever wanted to extend but it wasn’t 75% so people don’t even try because it was last round.

Edited by Duma

Posted  Edited by johnwfu
16 hours ago, Luigi said:

We have not extended alot of times just because the vote was 73% or 74%(75% required).My suggestion is to lower the percentage to 70%-65% since that is still majority of the server.Not extending because of 2% is really frustrating and I think im not the only one who thinks the same and I got quite annoyed tonight on fapescape rote.I also have another suggestion of adding a command of !voteextend (Which is basically alot of people that type that command on chat,once it reaches a certain amount of people it starts an extend vote),which would mean we dont need admins on the server to extend.One last thing would be,when a vote comes up with no admins on the server,people dont get auto muted(at least cts).I know it could be a little flawed depending on the situation,but i think we got more cases of people leading maps with no admins on and getting a round ruined because a vote came up and people didnt know where to go."but wah just use the !leader command!".Most people dont even know what !leader is,and having to vote leader every single round gets annoying and most people just forget about it after few rounds.

I really like these ideas i Think the admin vote extend being lowered to 67%(what donchill said) is a good idea i also think leader being extended for multiple rounds is good if possible to do. i would disagree with the getting rid of the mute during vote even when an admin is offline because it would just be a source of mic spam like it is on any other servers with no mutes  during vote. 

anyways good post 

Edited by johnwfu

Posted  Edited by 1mpact

I think admin extend votes should be 67% and be available even if the server didn't use all normal extends. Theoretically this vote (an admin extend vote despite server voting for another map) would never pass if players vote for what they voted for in the non-admin vote, but people might change their mind and its worth giving players the chance to vote to extend if they might have been focusing during the actual vote and accidentally pressed no vote or the non-extension option. e.g. a leader joined with 1:30 left on map or people saw a map they are really passionate about and voted for that yet would also like to finish the current map now they have secured another map they enjoy will be played next. 

Put simply, if 67% (or 75%) of the server wants to extend the map at any time then why not allow admins to give them the chance?

Edited by 1mpact

• 1 month later...

to reach 75% we need a leader to tell in chat to extend because we can win or this is a good map. I think we rarely vote at 75% without the presence of a leader

lowering to 2/3 aka 66% is kinda close to the normal extend vote

if we used all possible extend at some point we might just change to another map. sometime we stay a ridicule amount of time on a map that team cannot win. 

at the end, im happy we still at 75% because to pass the vote, 3/4 of the server wants to tryhard. lowering the % can just waste more time. it doesnt change the inevitable