Meowland

Meowland's TTT MC 24/7 Mute/Ban Appeal

Steam Name(s): Methland

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:40031408

Admin that banned you: Rage(?)

What kind of punishment was it (mute/gag, server ban): Mute

Why should you be unbanned?

Because I literally just fucking posted a YouTube link and was banned for advertising.  Was allegedly advertising on behalf of Alphabet Inc. (Google).

If someone wants to share to a link in chat to 'Hey Man' on YouTube, how does that negatively impact your server?  

I get the unknown links, but ifs it relatively known (like YouTube) than fuck it, probably not 'advertising.'...

A prank video of a asshole/pedo GMOD community leader (HZ Killslick) is funny, relevent to GMOD, not advertising, good edit/song tbh...  The man (Killslick) fucking hated it and it brings me joy to share it...  

Like he literally was a pedo...  But anyway...

Fuck the perm mute

Posted  Edited by Spazzin

Don't agree with the perm mute, but you calling one of our admins a whore in-game doesn't help your case

Edited by Spazzin

Posted  Edited by Edge

You have a valid point that the link you posted was not malicious. The problem is that you refuse to listen to admins and believe you are above the rules. You should not post links to outside sources as we are not obligated to check every link to gauge if it is appropriate. Your mute would have been reduced if you did not repeatedly say that you would keep posting links after being asked to stop. It also likely would not have happened in the first place if you were cooperative with Rage who was just trying to make the server a safe place without potentially malicious links. It should not be a big deal to just not post links, it is a TTT server not discord.

Edited by Edge

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Meowland

Shit on YouTube is appropriate for a TTT server.

If someone is posting a YouTube link in chat every hour or less (like spamming), perhaps problematic.  Once in a blue moon as a joke, fuck it, maybe someone will look at and get a laugh.

Got a stick up your ass about links in your chat, can't understand what's problematic/maliciousness and what's a joke/fun...  Sure, its not the admins responsibility, but if its  YouTube URL that is likely fine...  Other URL's might be a risk factor

I'm just trying to point this out for staff managers or super admins to consider...  Perhaps YouTube isn't a malicious  link...

Edited by Meowland

7 minutes ago, Meowland said:

Shit on YouTube is appropriate for a TTT server.

If someone is posting a YouTube link in chat every hour or less (like spamming), perhaps problematic.  Once in a blue moon as a joke, fuck it, maybe someone will look at and get a laugh.

Got a stick up your ass about links in your chat, can't understand what's problematic/maliciousness and what's a joke/fun...  Sure, its not the admins responsibility, but if its  YouTube URL that is likely fine...  Other URL's might be a risk factor

I'm just trying to point this out for staff managers or super admins to consider...  Perhaps YouTube isn't a malicious  link...

You're missing the entire point 

I don't think so.  YouTube is likely fine.  Other URL's are perhaps risky to your community.  

Sometimes there are examples like with Roger where I posted

FREESKINS360NOSCOPE420YOLO.GOV.AR

Where any reasonable person would conclude not only is its a fake site, but also non-existent. (at a .gov domain, LOL/LMAO, thought it was real maybe and not a joke)..  But that's permaban material to post that...

Common sense exists

Change my mind type shit

Posted  Edited by Roger Gunshot - Edit Reason: Didn't need my input on when I permbanned him. Would fan the flames too much.

This appeal is denied 

You're immature, you haven't learned anything, have a mightier than thou complex, and are just toxic. Like Edge said, had you listened in the first place, this would not have happened.  You did this to yourself by being dumb enough to say in your appeal that you would keep doing it, which would lead to more and more mutes and eventually another perma mute if you got unmuted. You will NOT be unmuted. Any further appeals for this will be subsequently denied as well.

Edited by Roger Gunshot
Didn't need my input on when I permbanned him. Would fan the flames too much.

image.thumb.png.2ef4bb5d1eba87658f3aa07bcdc16760.png

Signature by @Auralanity