Clavers

Suggestions for Modded Jan 2021

Hello everyone this thread is being made due to us completely overpowering the general chat of ttt-modded-general 
The following will be some of my ideas, some of other peoples ideas and a little information more fleshed out about them.
PLEASE refrain from commenting things about how the server should go back to being like OLD ROTATION or these ideas wont bring back the regulars who left.. that is not the aim, our aim is to be new and to bring in a new audience.

also
these are just ideas, I have no knowledge on how to implement some of these ideas or know of existing available mods/addons we are able to simply install and have work. I understand some of the ideas listed would take a huge amount of time to set up and configure.

Alrighty.. here we go

Idea by @AlphaOwl
Adjust the current point shop skins
- Remove Temporarily $200 donator skins who haven't played for several months. (save DL space/re-add if they come back)
- Adjust the VIP/Member/Player skins to entice more new people to use them or become a member to use them, this includes adding more animated female characters to member/player as we have seen in the past players are more likely to continue using models if they are animated characters and more so if female.
here is an example made by @AlphaOwl IMGUR LINK TO ALPHAS EXAMPLE

Idea by @Clavers and some of @Duck.'s past idea regarding skins
Add weapon skins but have them locked behind a loot box system
- Add in or create a weapon skin pack that includes 5 skins per gun minimum. some guns like deagle or scout or AK47 may have more due to popularity/coolness.
- Dont have these skins accessible VIA pointshop ( like skins this will just cause people with mass points to buy them and then have nothing to spend their points on)
- Have the skins behind a lootbox % idea (people with mass points who want gun skins will be forced to buy these boxes/gamble to try and get the skin they want, its addictive/enticing and when someone does unbox a skin that has a 1% drop rate they will be happier and chat will congratulate them.
- have the skins be % based depending on how cool the skin is .. a simple camo can be 25% but a anime or golden skin can be 1-5% .
- you can get the same skin multiple times and instead of getting the skin you get points back.
The reason for this is before joining GFL I played on other servers and one of them had this system, it would take a small while to get enough points for a box but it would message in chat like CSGO what you unboxed and people in game would congratulate you and it made unboxers feel good.

idea by @Clavers

- Disable spectators earning points 
we no longer have AFK farmers to populate the server so this excuse of we will lose those people is moot. This will stop people worrying about lootbox point farmers.

Idea by @BionycBlueberry and @Clavers 
Add challenges to each map that earn you points
- Each map have a list of challenges to do that earn you points.
This idea was further joined up with the lootbox idea by @Clavers 
You could have a list of challenges say 20 or 30 ranging from very easy to extremely difficult.
How I would say it would work would be to be able to afford a single loot crate you would need to either finish 1 hard task OR all simple/Easy/Medium task OR 1 extreme = 3 or 5 boxes.
The challenges would reset each map
here is an example of how I think it would look
SIMPLE - Get a kill as T
SIMPLE - Use a T trap
SIMPLE - Pick up 5 different weapons
EASY - Get a headshot on someone from the opposite team
EASY - Reload your gun 10 times in a single round
EASY - As a T kill the Detective
MEDIUM - X
MEDIUM - As a T get 5 headshots in a single round
MEDIUM - As Innocent or Detective Diffuse a C4
HARD - X
HARD - As a T get X
HARD - As a T get 5 or more silenced pistol kills
EXTREME - As a T kill 5 or more people with a Jihad
EXTREME - Accumulate 10 credits
EXTREME - As a T in 1 round get 5 Barnacle kills

The reasoning behind challenges and lootboxes is to ultimately give you a reason to stay more than just the game itself. we tried that, its not working.. people are not coming back.

Idea by @Alexis and others
- Reset the points and or pointshop for everyone (start from 0 points)

If I missed anything or you wish to continue what I've added or even want to tell me my ideas are dumb please do so 

- Clavers

Discord: Clavers#0001 | Steam: /id/ClaversGaming 

GFX Team Leader & GFX Designer       

sigscreencap.JPG.9ee97099f113f107ecad0c110745d8dc.JPG

• 2 months later...