ChicagoBen

ZE Chicago's suggested weapon changes

Posted  Edited by Block

The true buff needed is for the Elites, I should be able to backpedal and hold my own instead of feeling pressured to reload my primary.

Make them like the source Elites!

Also XM Damage from 1.8x to 3.0x and clip from 8 - 20

Edited by Block

I agree with block on increasing XM bullet capacity. XM is a bad gun to defend with as is, but it feels much more rewarding hitting all your shots knowing the reload time takes forever compared to a bizon/p90.

2 hours ago, 5210349 said:

I agree with block on increasing XM bullet capacity. 

If you increase clip size on the XM sawed or nova you increase total reload time by ~.5 seconds for each extra bullet, remember those 3 weapons you reload each bullet back in. So increasing clip size past 10 imo would just be more frustrating since thats like at least a 6 second full reload at 10 bullets. 20 would Require around 8-11 seconds of reloading as a rough guess. So outside of maybe 2-4 extra bullets those 3 shotguns should get damage or $ changes not clip changes @Block

58 minutes ago, ChicagoBen said:

If you increase clip size on the XM sawed or nova you increase total reload time by ~.5 seconds for each extra bullet, remember those 3 weapons you reload each bullet back in. So increasing clip size past 10 imo would just be more frustrating since thats like at least a 6 second full reload at 10 bullets. 20 would Require around 8-11 seconds of reloading as a rough guess. So outside of maybe 2-4 extra bullets those 3 shotguns should get damage or $ changes not clip changes @Block

Thats only if we don't make every shell reload 2x rounds :kappa:

THROW IT ON THE BOARD!

Posted  Edited by ChicagoBen - Edit Reason: cleanup
On 2/3/2021 at 8:29 PM, Aleister said:

A really great idea for suggestions Chicago Ben. But i would be happy if they increase SG556 Ammo to 40 and damage to 1.15x. 🙂

Thanks for the love.

I actually thought hard on this with the scoped rifles. Krieg (SG556) with your suggested buffs makes the Bullets Per Minute rate go from 317 bullets to 335, and it's damage from 10.5k to 11.5k. This equates to about a 10 % damage buff. M4A1-S is likely its "meta" comparison of long range oppressive rifles, (Aug is poo poo still my b) and it's damage is 12.8k and a BPM of 339. This would put the Kreig(SSG) at about 10 % less damage if you full spray over time than the M4S.

If you zoom out a bit and ask yourself, what if you balance the scope rifles to be the same power as the other rifles what would be the better weapon? Clearly the scoped rifles with all the extra benefits the scope gives. 

So to have any decent sense of balance the scoped rifles need to be a clear worse option to spray with than it's alternatives. Being only 10 % weaker at non stop spraying than the m4 but being able to tap or even scope-spray headshots at will is around the range I get nervous at personally.

Maybe I can get behind the 5 % damage buff but not both personally.  Not a bad idea Aleister just explaining why I thought the balance I did. 

Edited by ChicagoBen
cleanup

7 hours ago, ChicagoBen said:

Thanks for the love.

I actually thought hard on this with the scoped rifles. Krieg (SG556) with your suggested buffs makes the Bullets Per Minute rate go from 317 bullets to 335, and it's damage from 10.5k to 11.5k. This equates to about a 10 % damage buff. M4A1-S is likely its "meta" comparison of long range oppressive rifles, (Aug is poo poo still my b) and it's damage is 12.8k and a BPM of 339. This would put the Kreig(SSG) at about 10 % less damage if you full spray over time than the M4S.

If you zoom out a bit and ask yourself, what if you balance the scope rifles to be the same power as the other rifles what would be the better weapon? Clearly the scoped rifles with all the extra benefits the scope gives. 

So to have any decent sense of balance the scoped rifles need to be a clear worse option to spray with than it's alternatives. Being only 10 % weaker at non stop spraying than the m4 but being able to tap or even scope-spray headshots at will is around the range I get nervous at personally.

Maybe I can get behind the 5 % damage buff but not both personally.  Not a bad idea Aleister just explaining why I thought the balance I did. 

About that it depends on maps + you already stated it about the scope. Yes, when you use the scope the damage is still the same but you can better aim the target. But the only problem is with SG556 like when you play on a small or medium map , you have low movement speed, long reload and low/0 knockbacks, which means normal zombies/ bhop zombies can easily kill you. Thats why i would increase the damage a bit. M4 as you said is the meta. You can use M4 on every map.