790divadsamohT

Server Suggestions

6 hours ago, Razor-Wolf said:

I know it's just a nitpick for me, but i'd like it if people could toggle whether to set autobhop on the !bhop command on or off. Also a speedometer command for those who don't know about cl_showpos 1 would be a nice touch.

The Auto BHop command is toggleable. Just type !bhop to turn it on and then type !bhop again to turn it off.

11f4263ab6c30a3489f8db3145340861.png

So everyone is listing their former stuff so I'll just be cool and list mine :3

Former @HackingPotato's White Knight and Boss Former Director Former TF2 Division Leader Former Community Advisor Former TF2 Technical Administrator Former TF2 Server Manager Former TF2 Trial Manager Former TF2 Admin Former TF2 Revivalist Former TF2 Player Former TF2 God Former Media Leaderish Former somewhat Media team person Former VIP Former Supporter Former Member Former TF2 Player Former Player

Posted  Edited by SouRD

So i found a trade chat plugin..Its a trade chat so players can trade and it wont be in the main chat. I beleive trding is a serious part of team fortress. Players gather and they add each other and buil freindships wich is what you want in a community! As long as we can moniter the trade chat and keep scams away i see this as a postive for the server. Heres a quick overveiw of the plugin.

[TF2] Trade Chat 1.5.1 (2012.10.09)

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1321333

Trade Chat v 1.5.1

Description:
This plugin adds a special trade chat, players can hide it.

Usage:
Players can use /t to say something on trade chat and /togglechat to disable/re-enable tradechat for themselves. They also can use /lt to re-send their last offer or /mlt to check what is their last offer. Logs from the trade chat is stored in sourcemod/logs/tradechat.log

Admins with chat flag can use sm_trade_(un)gag to disable trade chat for selected player(s).

Cvars:

sm_trade_version - plugin version

sm_trade_adinterval - interval between displaying the advert (0 = disable)

sm_trade_antispam_delay - minimum delay between messages from one client (0 = disable)

sm_trade_antispam_max - maximum number of messages, that player can send during block time before autogag (0 = disable)

sm_trade_chatcheck - 0 = disable; values from 1 to 3 - check triggers from 1 to 3 (i. ex. sm_trade_chatcheck = 2 => plugin will only check triggers 1 and 2)

sm_trade_chattrigger1 - chat trigger for sm_trade_chatcheck

sm_trade_chattrigger2 - chat trigger for sm_trade_chatcheck

sm_trade_chattrigger3 - chat trigger for sm_trade_chatcheck

sm_trade_chattag - tag for the chat notifications

sm_trade_antispam_punish - should the plugin reset the interval between messages every time player tries to send something during the block time?

sm_trade_antispam_showinterval - show the remaining time player has to wait before sending another offer

I also just found a steam rep checker plugin built in for the fame 

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1514234

itll send a notification to the admins when a negative reputation has joined the game making it even easier to catch them 

Edited by SouRD

I don't want to add in anything to do with trading because this could remove our rank from Game Tracker. 

Former @HackingPotato's White Knight and Boss Former Director Former TF2 Division Leader Former Community Advisor Former TF2 Technical Administrator Former TF2 Server Manager Former TF2 Trial Manager Former TF2 Admin Former TF2 Revivalist Former TF2 Player Former TF2 God Former Media Leaderish Former somewhat Media team person Former VIP Former Supporter Former Member Former TF2 Player Former Player

• 3 weeks later...

Speed meter

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2339347

This plugin allows players to vewi there current surf speed! as well it records your speed on maps you surf. This will put an competative edge into our surfing experince, Racing amongst others to see whos the fastest and all that i think will really pull and attract players to us. Aswell it gives veterans such as myself a new challenge. I like to race pepole while surfing and with this we can see who is the fastest on every map and we can compete like a rank systtem allmost you know? Anyway i want your feedback before @Benroyjam and myself go any further with this plugin thank you. 

As said on the steam: "18:27 \ 06:27 PM - [GFL] Benroyjam: We're going to work on that tonight possibly"

Once I sort out the webshortcut plugin w/ the commands included in it(it'll pop up), I will update the MOTD with commands included. 

Going to test something before posting a poll to add it into the server afterwards.

76561198043643390.png

Posted  Edited by LonelyLettuce

These are just some random suggestions

Spawncamp should not be against the rules, it is part of the gamemode!

except on these maps: air arena, akai bathroom, greatriver

Its not a challenge to get to the other spawn on these maps and makes spawncamp too easy and annoying.

Also, being a troll in voicechat should be against the rules, as well as starting fights over pointless stuff

There should also be a section of things that are looked down apon, including:

Rocket/sticky/detonator/boost jumping out of jail

killing friendlys (in jails above jail1)

perposly falling into jail

surfing on the other side of the ramp that your team spawns on for the first few ramps

sitting afk at teleports

shooting people who are surfing (unless its an arena)

surfing the wrong way when its not needed

Also can voting to extend map with the regular tf2 voting be removed? playing on 10x for 55 min is not fun.

Edited by LonelyLettuce

24 minutes ago, LonelyLettuce said:

Its not a challenge to get to the other spawn on these maps and makes spawncamp too easy and annoying.

Also, being a troll in voicechat should be against the rules, as well as starting fights over pointless stuff

There should also be a section of things that are looked down apon, including:

Rocket/sticky/detonator/boost jumping out of jail

killing friendlys (in jails above jail1)

perposly falling into jail

surfing on the other side of the ramp that your team spawns on for the first few ramps

sitting afk at teleports

Also can voting to extend map with the regular tf2 voting be removed? playing on 10x for 55 min is not fun.

Colors based:

Red - not done

Orange - ongoing

Green - Done

Maroon - Suggestion denied with reasoning

Line 2: I will be talking to SouRD about this. I had it placed because I got annoyed with people using demolition next to spawn portal.

I will add this into the MOTD after I talk to Sour about removing and restricting spawncamp. Trolling is considered as annoying, so if it does annoy players(which cause them to leave the server), you can mute him within 5 to 10 minutes.

Done.

Some of these actions as "sole manager", while Sour is away, I cannot do this action without talking to him when he got time to be on the forums while he's out of town.

76561198043643390.png

1 hour ago, LonelyLettuce said:

You are well within your rights as an admin to mute/gag these people if they're taking things to far.

9 hours ago, LonelyLettuce said:

Its not a challenge to get to the other spawn on these maps and makes spawncamp too easy and annoying

Added it into the MOTD - task done.

76561198043643390.png

• 3 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, thethunderpants said:

another quick suggestion, i've noticed people get bored on maps with the extensive time we have, i think everything will go through much smoother with a 25 minute time per map :^_^:

im ok with a 25 minute map time players may then extend if they want. i allways thought 25 minutes was a good map time anyway. +1 

On 8/14/2016 at 8:04 PM, thethunderpants said:

another quick suggestion, i've noticed people get bored on maps with the extensive time we have, i think everything will go through much smoother with a 25 minute time per map :^_^:

Instead of going to changelogs thread, I'll post here instead.

Changelog - 8-19-16:

Server

• Changed map time to 32 minutes

Maps

• Removed surf_air_arena_V4
  • Removed surf_monolith_b1

I've removed these maps because they've been found to cause server/client crash. If it is possible, I'll re-add them back later in future.

76561198043643390.png

57 minutes ago, Foogle said:

I love the combat surf server. I am an intense combat medic main, also.

Great to hear that, but what kind of suggestion do you have? This thread is used for server suggestions only.

76561198043643390.png

3 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Oh. Maybe add buyable unusual effects?

Purchasing Unusual Effects for hats will never be a thing and in fact it goes against Valves policies for community servers. There is, however, the ability to place unusual effects on your weapons which Valve are fine with. It's currently running on Orange X3 at the moment.

@Benroyjam If you're interested in this, hit me up over Steam.

• 4 weeks later...

I know the map time is already 32 minutes, but it still feels way too short. Most people can finish a map with way too much time to spare, or will give up before that time. Nobody want to play on a map they don't like or hate for a long time, and playing on the same map for too long gets very boring, especially with the small map list. I think 25-28 minutes would be a better map time; the reason the server usually isn't populated is because people quite all the time.