JuicyBenny

JuicyBenny's TTT Rotation Mute/Ban Appeal

Name: JuicyBenny

Steam ID (or steam profile link): STEAM_0:1:189039826

Banned by: JadedJade

Ban Reason: Ghosting/Teaming, Toxicity, Constant Rulebreaking, tried to loophole around certain banned words, and a bit more.

Why should you be unbanned

Before I get into that, I am aware this is an early appeal. I am aware the chances and I am aware the opinions of an early appeal. I am making this appeal with that knowledge in hand. Further more I am appealing early due to my own talks despite opinions to wait I felt I needed to choose myself whether I felt ready or not to do it on my own.

This appeal is kinda hard for me to start with as I don't think we want me going over every detail of every aspect of this ban to its core (this is based off input from the previous bans discussion and post ban discussion). I went over the multitude of the technicalities of the good part in my last appeal. The Teaming/Ghosting, the constant rule breaking, the loophole, Those things I'm not going to re-cover those as its not whats most important. However for those interested the last appeal here: https://gflclan.com/topic/76867-juicybennys-ttt-rotation-muteban-appeal/

Its the Toxicity we are focused on and through the time of the last appeal I was going through on figuring out all the details within that toxicity portion. There was a lot I was quite ignorant too as well, some fault of my own and some not so much my fault. I still hold there are quite a bit of cases that lack context of said situations. However, rather than keeping on that barrier of "some" cases not having context It does not discredit all cases against me in that regard.

After my last appeal was denied I left and stated my leave from GFL for at first thinking it was a longer period than it ended up being. I did not delve far into GFL related things, its servers, or community for a months time. This was my choice, from something Alpha had stated on my last appeal. The ban previous I took no breaks the 8 months I was banned, I was always around always worrying and only focused on getting unbanned and that was it. During this month absence I got a lot in check, I got priorities figured out. While I still did not delve into GFL related things I did take a look at the complaints and then looked at my own clips to spot said things that were highlighted. I reviewed and noticed the exact things I had once dismissed as nothing I had finally noticed in my personal reviews.

I have gotten better, I don't believe I am "100%" whatever it might be. I don't have in-game experience enough to know If I can integrate back into that but I like to feel like I can, I have already done better on interacting in the discord. Well better than I previously believed so I am confident enough with this new found self awareness of myself that I'd be able to comeback better than before. I even have friends who have offered to "look after me" and while not as the only means of behavior check but just as support. As you do. I could go in-depth on that portion but it would just turn into a tangent but moral of the story is I feel better. I feel confident enough that I wont be that problem that I was once before, I can even guarantee as such. I know what I need to do to guarantee it and Ive talked to many people to know what I need to do and what I will do.

One thing I've already made sure is to swallow some ego despite specifics of situations and realize my mistakes to other players. I've reached out to figure out the players that I have effected to the best of the information I knew and apologized to said players. I know one staff member; but I don't know how many were aware that I had reached out to some that in the past I recognize I had been very nasty too. Offered my apologies and settled. All of who I reached out too which I wont name here for their own privacy, had forgiven me and hope we have better in-game experiences in the future. I don't know if that was all of the people that I could have reached out too. I don't know all the cases I have with regulars like that but if I have others reach out to me I am more than happy to apologize to them as well. I'd also like to think this is a sort of.... wider large audience apology in itself. As most of this is asking for forgiveness. With that let me extend that apology to any players reading this here appeal that had been effected by my toxic outburst. Its unfair to you and its unfair to the staff that had to deal with it. Staff had already heard my apologies as well but I'm still extending another to the staff of rotation as well for my past behavior. I am deeply sorry. If there is more that people want or need from me or out of me I am open to talking about it as well cause I know the scope of things is hard to gauge but I want to try and work with everyone.

I want to make a full turn around. I want to be more of a welcoming member of rotation rather than what I had been before. I know I can do this. I want to prove im better than the label I put on myself with my behavior. I ask for one last chance and I can promise you I will make it right. I know what I did was wrong, I understand its severity, I'm still working on myself but like I said I am fully fledged and confident I can be 100x better than I was before please. If you'd just give me a chance to show you.

I also did not want to make this super massive emotion pouring cause I felt like it would sound more like a "I feel bad and sad" type deal so, if this seems more... constructive than emotional its cause I'm not a victim in this and don't want to act like I'm portraying one.

Spoiler

Juicy I advised you not to do this as it's still far too early, I can't in good conscience say yes to unbending as it seems like the bans don't matter when you do so much bad things. I can't support this. Sorry.

Achievements

Posted  Edited by JuicyBenny - Edit Reason: removed response to hidden message
22 hours ago, Duck. said:

Juicy I advised you not to do this as it's still far too early, I can't in good conscience say yes to unbending as it seems like the bans don't matter when you do so much bad things. I can't support this. Sorry.

I know buddy. I appreciated your advice! but i spent too much time worrying a bout what others felt was correct for me to do instead of what i felt was right for me to do.
Thank you regardless ❤️

Edited by JuicyBenny
removed response to hidden message

Spoiler

First off, take all that I say down below with a grain of salt, I have only played with Juicy for a couple of months before his last Perma-ban, so my personal experience with him is limited:

I have heard stories about loop holes, seemingly targeting players, fits of anger, and ghosting.  I have personally seen those fits of anger, loop holes and 'targetting' of certain players.  I personally did not see him have any more rage fits than other players, but not all, it certainly is though a bit more than the average player.  I sincerely do hope you have worked on this, but I am a little skeptical due to stories from others.  This toxcity is what I am most concerned about as we already have some nights on rotation where we struggle to have a populated server, to drive them off with rude behavior is something we can't necessarily handle.  Also, this is a second perma-ban, you've already gotten more chances than others get.  Teaming and Ghosting, that's not fun, I don't like it when trollers come on and I have to deal with that, its annoying, I don't want to find out a regular has also been cheating too.  Despite all this, I am willing to give one more and FINAL chance, simply because I don't have all of the personal experiences of what got him banned in the first place, especially as of recently on discord and the limited amount of play time, he has been fun to play with sans the anger fits.  But since this is your second perma-ban already, I believe any discussions about a third ban/infraction/etc should be met with a permanent ban with a note to not appeal, I also believe he should be under close scrutiny of admins as well so that no serious infractions or slipping into old habits are tolerated.  But like I said at the beginning, take what I say with salt due to my limited experience.

tl:dr, I don't personally know him well, I have my concerns and hesitations due to past stories but willing to give one more chance.  But any future punishments are 100% final with no chance of appeal.

Posted  Edited by Kettermelon

Juicy, I'm gonna be dead honest here, I do believe this should be your last infraction on GFL.

Disregarding Duck's advise was dumb, harsh but true, the general wait time for a perma ban is one year, and you got an early appeal on your last ban because Brae decided to show kindness. But this time around you couldn't even wait that amount of time (6 months), 5 months ago you got dealt a career ending blow, and this time it should stay.

Here's why: your attachment to GFL is destroying your mental health, you left to try to figure out your problems but a little over a month later you came back and started to reintegrate back into Rot. Its like the last cigarette was locked behind a glass case, and you need that little stick of joy to make yourself feel like you. Its degrading, and I guarantee its been slowly but surely grinding away at your mental state ever since you got banned. Here's my advise that I really hope you don't ignore: Let it go. Leave it be. you claim to be in a polyamorous relationship with a few different people, so spend time caring about them rather than a concept. The server is only as good as the people inside of it, and we aren't bound to the server. I understand you like to have a sense of family to surround yourself with, but having that family be locked behind a bulkhead with a tiny window, and striving to be apart of it isn't healthy in the slightest.

Another thing is, this is your second ban Juicy, second. Perma bans aren't tossed around lightly, once you reach the stage of acquiring one, you should realize that you fucked up. The fact that it took you two permas to realize this doesn't bode well as to the type of person you are. It creates a pattern of promising change, being shown leniency, and then not changing.  I would argue that your behavior after your first perma was worse than before it. Sure you straightened out your act after a bit, but you should have been doing that in the first place BEFORE you even received your first perma, you where given a second chance, then you took that chance and threw it into the trash, blinded by your own ego. Alpha stated that he believed on day you could truly change and come back, but change like that doesn't happen in months, trust me I know, it takes years to figure out who you really are and how you can be that person. It took me three years to figure out that I was the bad guy in all of my grudges, 3 years to finally own up to myself and the people I went after that what I did was wrong. And I don't mean admitting it verbally, you need to feel that guilt, you can put on a mask and apologize all you want, but until you actually feel the pain you've caused someone, then you haven't truly changed.

In summary, I'm sorry Juicy, but the evidence here is stacked against you, and I want you to stay banned, and leave GFL entirely so you can mend, take that love you have for rot and put it into other things, and when you know, not feel, know, its time to come back, you may be able to try again. But for now, its way too early to be promising any results.

Edited by Kettermelon

kat.png.309b68b377e0f8438a3520f5959a56d0.png

Achievements

I had some bad times with Juicy in the past as well, seen a piece of his negative attributes, his anger, running his mouth, pushing peoples buttons, which didn't sit well with me then, but even saying that I myself didn't exactly help him then, and gave some pretty terrible advice at the time, and I myself was kind of a jerk to him at a time, regardless, since we started talking after he came back during Napalms situation we talked one on one, we mended the things that were there and became friends that talk at least a bit almost daily at this point.

I feel there was some change made. Enough to warrant an unban? I cannot say for sure, I just want to say in my eye's he has made some progress, even if it is considered small. I haven't seen him get publicly angry, take out anger at anyone, talk crap and insult someone seriously, some of the things I saw him do in the past that I myself agree he really needed to work on.

Though I will note that the joke comments you make about the ban that I see about daily I wouldn't say I mind, but you were asked to stop by one party, and stopped for a bit, then returned to doing it, then afterwards I made mention to you (though I do agree in a less serious or blunt way) that you shouldn't be doing it, you may have stopped again for a bit, but returned to it just the same.

I know you've been through something rather recently, and coming back would be amazing and exciting in your eyes, and I'd love nothing more then to see that, as well as I've seen some of the work you've put into it, but remember that there may be more to do before you get there, even if I have good hopes and feelings towards you and see your efforts, some others that may have dealt with you more in the past may disagree and believe you should've waited longer, but you were given a choice to be early to this, and I respect your decision to make this jump in the wind at a chance to come back.

I'm not going to say if I believe its your time to come back, all I can say is I hope for the best for you and I do notice your efforts in improvement that you have made so far, and whether it helps you in Rotation to come back, or ends up just being something you've gained to hopefully be better for the next stop on your journey, I wish the best for whichever is chosen for you at the end of this appeal.

plaiddaddy1.thumb.png.97d4885e6e29572527d67db8efa9d545.png

please refrain from replying to this appeal if you're not staff and have nothing substantial to add.

have hidden a few posts.

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

So first of all, I just want to that even though that I've only been on here on this server for almost a year now. I just wanted to say while I do agree another appeal like this might have been too soon, I do still want to see Juicy at least have another chance because I do honestly believe from what all he has told me in dms that he has changed and really committed to wanting to better himself. Even apologizing to people he's wronged in the past, which I believe is a good sign of change for him.

I agree on what Fallen said on the post that if he shows that he hasn't changed and keeps up the behavior that got him banned in the first place then by all means keep the ban. But like I've said in the past my experiences have been very good with him and shared some good laughs with him, and while I've heard of the stuff thats happened in the past with him. I still believe that he's bettered himself now.

So all in all, you can take what I've said with a grain of salt as I've only been on rot for less than a year now and at the end of the day im not really trying to change anyones way of thinking. I'm just giving my personal opinion on the matter so I can help my friend. Thanks.

(also sorry if I kinda repeat myself a lot, i'm not that great at making long posts like this)

Since majority of the stuff that I agree with had already been spoken. Ill keep mine rather short. Please unban Juicy!

22 hours ago, TheOneOnlyHero said:

I agree on what Fallen said on the post that if he shows that he hasn't changed and keeps up the behavior that got him banned in the first place then by all means keep the ban. But like I've said in the past my experiences have been very good with him and shared some good laughs with him, and while I've heard of the stuff thats happened in the past with him. I still believe that he's bettered himself now.

2x permaban, finally starting to feel the consequences of your actions and you want the consequences to go away. you should stay banned for the safety of yourself and the community. 

i may be leaving, but i've already provided the evidence for the past ban to the relevant staff.

let me target 3 things here, while you said something good (specifically saying you toned this down, it's like 8 paragraphs less so good for you on that)

On 1/11/2022 at 5:42 PM, JuicyBenny said:

Its the Toxicity we are focused on and through the time of the last appeal I was going through on figuring out all the details within that toxicity portion. There was a lot I was quite ignorant too as well, some fault of my own and some not so much my fault. I still hold there are quite a bit of cases that lack context of said situations. However, rather than keeping on that barrier of "some" cases not having context It does not discredit all cases against me in that regard.

I have gotten better, I don't believe I am "100%" whatever it might be. I don't have in-game experience enough to know If I can integrate back into that but I like to feel like I can, I have already done better on interacting in the discord. Well better than I previously believed so I am confident enough with this new found self awareness of myself that I'd be able to comeback better than before.

One thing I've already made sure is to swallow some ego despite specifics of situations and realize my mistakes to other players. I've reached out to figure out the players that I have effected to the best of the information I knew and apologized to said players.

1. the toxicity should be the only thing focused on as you were permabanned for it twice. you repeated your behavior after the first ban, you were warned, you did not stop, you got banned.

2. sorry, i'm going to be blunt. your opinion of if you have gotten better is irrelevant. you thought you got better before, you got "better", and "better" wasn't even remotely okay to the younger community that doesn't know how to handle your uncalled for toxic behavior.

3. apologies are great, actions are better. you had your chance to demonstrate your change, you failed, please move on for the sake of rot and yourself.

This is not an attack. You genuinely have some sort of addiction here and need to stop. You are pretending to be someone you aren't to try to fit in, and that's not okay. Your brand of toxic is okay in some communities, but it really shouldn't be tolerated here. 

the fact that you are appealing again shows that you haven't really learned. the fact that you mentioned your ban on discord 2000 (exaggeration im sure, but it was every time i saw you on discord) times since your ban shows that you never were ready to move on, nor did you change. your manner of speech, behavior, and attitude has not changed, you just haven't been on server to get punished for rdm or some other such nonsense to blowup in discord about.

your history is documented and recorded, and i'm sorry dude but you lost your chances. you really, really need to move on.

Business Kirby

GMOD sourced
IT Certified professional. Advanced Python, C# - Intermediate LUA, GLUA - Proficient/General PHP, HTML, XML 
Steam: Kirby / Discord: Kirby#6049  ----- "Business Kirby doing Business Things."
kirby.jpeg.93aacd3d4bf0975a7efef979ba0d243c.jpeg

If the Mods deem it apposite, I commented on JuicyBenny's prior Ban Appeal so even though I'm not staff, I hope what I write is taken with serious merit and understanding.

I like it when people cut the hassle and face a problem head on and immediately say their standpoint. So, just to get it out of the way, as a verdict on behalf of my own self, if I were to choose either +1 (Unban JuicyBenny)  or -1 (Keep JuicyBenny Banned) I would have to say -1 

I have to say, everything I say comes from a good place, I respect JuicyBenny and regard him as one of my friends. Even on this very forum post, my friends are asking for JuicyBenny's Unban, and I hope they don't mind me speaking my mind. But I just don't think it's appropriate for JuicyBenny to come back like this. It's only been 6 months and even back then I gave an approximate 1-12 months, ideally on the longer side of the spectrum. The unban seems forced and sort of out of nowhere and out of place. I wrote a long enough explanation on the last appeal and I'm a bit late here so everything on my mind has already been said. I'm sorry Juicy, I hope you don't take it to heart but it's just too much too early man. 

1220477669_DirtyNapalm.png.0392f56ab3131f658f6d2af6d68aab6e.png

(Thank you @Mister Spiffy for the banner)

Achievements

I just want to reiterate what Aurora said earlier, that this is between the staff and Juicy, while we appreciate your concerns and input, please try to refrain from commenting/voting unless you have something substantial to add (being evidence of why Juicy should stay banned or unbanned, an experience that could shift the course of this that happened AFTER this appeal, and/or anything our SMs deem worthy of being posted here). Otherwise you may bring it to staff and/or one of our SMs. 

dont mean to be a hardass about this, just want to eliminate the idea that this is a community matter. 

If you have any issues, please use my DMs. 

Thank You 

HR

kat.png.309b68b377e0f8438a3520f5959a56d0.png

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Avi

This appeal has been Denied. The staff feel it is too soon for an appeal or that it's too soon to give a chance.

Edited by Avi

• Avi locked this topic