MSWS

BHop Overhaul

Posted  Edited by MSWS

Hi all,

I have started the process of overhauling the BHop server. I'm reaching out and would like to hear what suggestions, requests, or any other feedback that you have on the current server. This includes any desired features, plugins, maps, ranks, styles, etc.

If you would like to give feedback, I have made a survey here.

Currently, I've setup:

• Updated Shavits Timer
  • Revamped Ranking System
  • Persistent Bot Replays
  • Updated messages / color styles

Undecided:

• Cosmetics
  • Styles
  • Map Tiers

Once again, please let me know what you would like to see changed or added.

Edited by MSWS

I know you are talking about the game server itself here, but, in regards to outside of server resources, what are the plans with something like a dedicated Discord or perhaps a stats website/Discord bot?

Contact me here or on Discord @Liloz01#9857

For help with anything Forum related: 

5 hours ago, Liloz01 said:

I know you are talking about the game server itself here, but, in regards to outside of server resources, what are the plans with something like a dedicated Discord or perhaps a stats website/Discord bot?

I've slightly improved the current Discord webhook integration which reports new records. More extensive stuff like a website I would require additional assistance for (I'm not familiar with web stuff).

As for the community itself, I have faith that the Server Managers and GFL's upper management will figure out revamp stuff outside of the server. My personal scope is (self)restricted to the server itself, outside of the server (i.e Discord, Events, Websites, etc.) is out of my area.

21 hours ago, MSWS said:

Once again, please let me know what you would like to see changed or added.

This might be an issue with the timer itself, but have you ever encountered the bug where holding autojump while touching a ladder on Low Gravity, sets your gravity back to normal gravity? You're then stuck in regular gravity until you either connect/release from a ladder again, or if you restart your run. That bug has been around for as long as I can remember.

7 minutes ago, juky said:

This might be an issue with the timer itself, but have you ever encountered the bug where holding autojump while touching a ladder on Low Gravity, sets your gravity back to normal gravity? You're then stuck in regular gravity until you either connect/release from a ladder again, or if you restart your run. That bug has been around for as long as I can remember.

From very basic testing this seems to have been fixed with the timer update.

Honestly really cool that you're looking to revamp the ranking system, excited to see what comes of it! I'm always too scared to touch the ranking system on surf, too many people get mad at me :omegalul:

Discord: Infra#0001 | Steam: /id/infra- | GitHub: /1zc

Executive Director & CS:GO Division Leader          

Server Manager of CS:GO KZ

image_10.png

• 2 weeks later...