lynxie

One Hand, or Two Hand...?

One Hand v. Two Hands...  

10 members have voted

1. 1. How do to hold the steering wheel?

• One Hand
    • Two Hands

Posted  Edited by lynxie

Random fun fact: If you wonder why I end all my posts with an ellipsis, its an inside joke and I'll never stop.

For those who actually can drive, do you drive with two hands on the wheel or one? A lot of my friends who aren't confident with their driving skill drive with two hands and over-focus on the road- and still manage to make so many more mistakes than someone who is relaxed and calm.

Anyways. which do you prefer?

Personally, I drive one handed with my right hand, having my left hand outside my window at a constant. I love the breeze, and it's honestly so much more relaxing.

76AABEBC-5C76-4A99-9187-D5CE6AE4A7F0.jpeg.8715f0ae0ff36eaf752cd8a1d05e543d.jpeg

vs

D268B70C-7CD4-4C37-8409-9A399A6CBBFB.jpeg.40724829cb6c84038fdb166cec4274d6.jpeg

Edited by lynxie

ezgif-3-406bae8bfbd0.gif

I did learn how to drive using a manual car, so I tend to drive with one hand on the wheel and the other on the gearshift. Even when I drive an automatic, I still tend to do this because idk wtf I'm supposed to do with my other hand. 

1654039214_lennyfacesignaturejarm2_webp.png.77166eade8f7320848ec595e26aa1230.png

I drive a manual, but if I'm on a long stretch of road (i.e. not changing gears), I put my other hand on the wheel as well. It's just safer that way; you maintain much more control over the car. Although when my boyfriend visited, I did mostly just hold his hand with my right one when it wasn't changing gears. And occasionally I'll just use my left hand if I'm a bit tired, but for the most part I'd say it's just better to use both.

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

I was just thinking this the other day!  So random.

Just one hand.  Something about two hands feel weird and quite honestly sun is just blasting my hand that's on the wheel anyways so it's feels more logical to keep the other hand in a shadier area.  I learned on an automatic first and used that for a few years, but when I started riding motorcycles I did not have a car (for like 10 years) and borrowed my roommates car whenever I needed one... it was manual.  I drive an automatic car now but it's just the same for me I keep my other hand on the gear selector out of habit.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152