gkuo88

Minecraft Skin Suggestion

I've made a minecraft skin based on the 1.8 model of minecraft, and I suggest to use it as a replacement to the free master chief skin. Since there are people claiming that the master chief skin was supposedly causing lag, it would be reasonable to replace it with a skin that has even less vertices compared to the master chief skins and the default playermodels. However my own goal here is to promote client side customization, as since the master chief skin is gone, I cant replace it with a weaboo skin in the files.

If you don't like minecraft, I can place instructions and files here on how to change it back to a single regular skin or back to the master chief skin. I'll also place up instructions on how to change models via client side, but I'm not making files for that one. I can also give out instructions on how to change the minecraft skin texture, since there are thousands of custom textures online, along with instructions on creating randomizer textures so you dont see the same minecraft texture on every single person with the skin.

Note that this is mostly client side, the only thing that has to be done server side is placing the original up on the server like they did with the master chief skin before. 

Well any thoughts about it?

19 hours ago, Twig said:

what?

I heard you guys removed the master chief skin because it was causing lag or something, which is pretty odd because the skin should be less complex compared to the default skins. Thus my suggestion is to replace it with a minecraft skin since it has even less complicated and should reduce the lag even further, assuming that's whats causing the lag. Either way, a single server side skin that could be access be all would be nice, as I just need one to create client side modifications. 

Also minecraft skins should be easily modifiable with the millions of free textures out there, thus allowing for easy customization for other players as well.