Brotherwolf

New votegagging procedure

So today I heard someone's voice getting made fun of and they got pretty offended by it just because they had a speech problem. I think something needs to be done with these issues, and I found it pretty bad. I think an admin gag should be added to that but idk. If you have suggestions let me know.

-Brotherwolf

Posted  Edited by Razenified - Edit Reason: Needed more to it. Seemed stale.

Vote gag command for vip and supporters?

it is pretty irritating to tell people that all you have to do is hold tab and click on their volume icon to mute and gag them but no one listens sometimes. 

V/Gag would be nice if no admins on and someone is spamming mic with annoying memester music...

Edited by Razenified
Needed more to it. Seemed stale.

Razenified Agonious

Well there is already votegagging for members and up, but almost never works to some serious cases. As for the term "admin gag", I was referring to gags placed by admins (sgag or pgag).

With the mute, people can do that but it wouldn't really get the point across. It would be useful if no admins were on and multiple people are doing the talking.

-Brotherwolf

No, it wasn't about me wanting votegag for certain people. I like how members + have the ability and I don't think it should be changed. I was originally trying to talk about another thing people should gag/mute someone for. It was for rudely imitating speech/language problems. I was talking about how that should be a reason for an admin to take control and gag/mute the person who is doing that. 

Sorry that I confused you, if you have more comments please DM me or something.

-Brotherwolf

Sorry but as far a source I can't see there's no real way to fix this other than an admin taking care of it and warning everyone's for harassment, maby if we changed the vote gag system to be more like admin votes so it would count if more people voted for the gag but I also feel that could be abused heavily and that she why the votegag system is the way it is

3C5BC4A1-BFF6-4DCF-AF09-1A9C4800C848.gif

On 11/23/2018 at 8:45 PM, Nix Pardus said:

Sorry but as far a source I can't see there's no real way to fix this other than an admin taking care of it and warning everyone's for harassment, maby if we changed the vote gag system to be more like admin votes so it would count if more people voted for the gag but I also feel that could be abused heavily and that she why the votegag system is the way it is

Ah ok. I see.

That sounds fair.

Another topic to discuss on- I feel like people who are AFK or spectating shouldn't be in votegags. Sometimes people who need to be gagged aren't because there are a lot of AFK players/Spectators.

Maybe a solution to this would be moving people who are AFK to spectators after one minute or so. Spectators would not participate and votegag so it can actually be a fair vote. If you don't vote it counts as a "no". Correct me if I'm wrong though.

I feel like this would be a fair procedure.

-Brotherwolf

There's one problem with that idea, the problem is that people in spectator are still counted in the votegag system and yes I do believe not voting is counted as a no, we would have to change the script for the votegag system to exclude people who are in spectator and add in the new script to move people to ask, fafy might be willing to do that but you'll have to ask him. 

@Fafy do you recon this could work?

3C5BC4A1-BFF6-4DCF-AF09-1A9C4800C848.gif

6 hours ago, Nix Pardus said:

There's one problem with that idea, the problem is that people in spectator are still counted in the votegag system and yes I do believe not voting is counted as a no, we would have to change the script for the votegag system to exclude people who are in spectator and add in the new script to move people to ask, fafy might be willing to do that but you'll have to ask him. 

@Fafy do you recon this could work?

si

qnix.png.4b4cea59155ffb8a165ce00aa720ca5b.png
20190420010737_1.jpg.d63dd580a9f25a35e1c6bbf07f89e211.jpg
20180814170309_1.jpg.d18aa44d9132ed1a95d71307b194aed3.jpg20180720003140_1.jpg.4a88b6abb1b8009435e9233f07868cce.jpg20180810195200_1.jpg.46f21405349b2517c45d1309332acd87.jpg 

b_560x95.png

Oh ok. That sounds reasonable in my opinion. I don't want to put a bunch of work on any DEV but if that could be fixed that would be great. It's also probably less important than other bugs and glitches on the server. If you can do that please do though. That would be great.

-Brotherwolf

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...