Pyros

Proposal to expand into SA

The SA scenario in terms of quality is lacking at best. We don’t have as many options as EU or NA, for example. In CS:GO, the most popular gamemode is 4fun servers such as DMs to warm up, a giant casual or 1v1 servers. The biggest casual one is called GOST, which runs Mirage and D2 as their main map. I think we could also expand on such game types with similar plugins such as !ws, !knife, !wear and !glove. They also run a ranking system, so we could give top 10 in the server VIP package for as long as they keep the rank.

For CS:S we have 7 servers, the most popular being one called DUCK deathmatch, which as the name suggests, is a giant DM where you use !guns to choose your gun from and play till either the clock reaches zero or the bomb explodes or gets defused.

For GMOD we have only 3 servers with the 3 being top 1k GMOD servers, but can’t really say what the best one is due to not knowing wtf the TheIsland map is. I know we are currently testing a UK TTT server, and I would recommend maybe changing it to a Latin American location such as Brazil or a Spanish speaking country.

Why expand into SA? For starters, as I briefly mentioned above, there is space to expand and not that many competitors to “deal with”. Not only that, but Brazil has around 100 million internet users (granted not every of them plays games, but it is still quite a good number imo). How would GFL be able to expand into a continent their staff doesn’t know how to speak? Easy, @Fafy (who is Argentinian and speaks Spanish) and I (who lives in Brazil and can speak Portuguese) could work as translators for the MOTD and the ads we plan to run on it. We could get an English-speaking manager to run things more smoothly for the beginning, at least until we find a good manager regionally. I remember that I brought up before having a translator team in GFL, which would help with expanding into different regions of the globe. They would work exactly like other teams like PR and/or Mod Team. This team would have a TL at the beginning to get the ball rolling. After that, the TL would be removed and the team would report directly to a director or a CA if needed. They would only work into translating reports/appeals/applications formats for our different speaking servers and (if possible) the whole website to make it easier for people that speak poor English to understand and not have a bad time trying to donate for example.

76561198048327544.png

@Ash-'s opinion on gmod: 

4smalUvk.png
image.png.c3ced03940ca3f9bff0b8c6b1b425d4f.png

10 minutes ago, Pyros said:

The SA scenario in terms of quality is lacking at best. We don’t have as many options as EU or NA, for example. In CS:GO, the most popular gamemode is 4fun servers such as DMs to warm up, a giant casual or 1v1 servers. The biggest casual one is called GOST, which runs Mirage and D2 as their main map. I think we could also expand on such game types with similar plugins such as !ws, !knife, !wear and !glove. They also run a ranking system, so we could give top 10 in the server VIP package for as long as they keep the rank.

For CS:S we have 7 servers, the most popular being one called DUCK deathmatch, which as the name suggests, is a giant DM where you use !guns to choose your gun from and play till either the clock reaches zero or the bomb explodes or gets defused.

For GMOD we have only 3 servers with the 3 being top 1k GMOD servers, but can’t really say what the best one is due to not knowing wtf the TheIsland map is. I know we are currently testing a UK TTT server, and I would recommend maybe changing it to a Latin American location such as Brazil or a Spanish speaking country.

Why expand into SA? For starters, as I briefly mentioned above, there is space to expand and not that many competitors to “deal with”. Not only that, but Brazil has around 100 million internet users (granted not every of them plays games, but it is still quite a good number imo). How would GFL be able to expand into a continent their staff doesn’t know how to speak? Easy, @Fafy (who is Argentinian and speaks Spanish) and I (who lives in Brazil and can speak Portuguese) could work as translators for the MOTD and the ads we plan to run on it. We could get an English-speaking manager to run things more smoothly for the beginning, at least until we find a good manager regionally. I remember that I brought up before having a translator team in GFL, which would help with expanding into different regions of the globe. They would work exactly like other teams like PR and/or Mod Team. This team would have a TL at the beginning to get the ball rolling. After that, the TL would be removed and the team would report directly to a director or a CA if needed. They would only work into translating reports/appeals/applications formats for our different speaking servers and (if possible) the whole website to make it easier for people that speak poor English to understand and not have a bad time trying to donate for example.

Excuse me, but I also speak spanish

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

oh no i can already feel all the south americans yelling at each other "cabron" for doing something mildly wrong

original.gif

Achievements

Just now, Korowa said:

oh no i can already feel all the south americans yelling at each other "cabron" for doing something mildly wrong

Actually that's used on spain, not on sa, or at least I don't think it is

qnix.png.4b4cea59155ffb8a165ce00aa720ca5b.png
20190420010737_1.jpg.d63dd580a9f25a35e1c6bbf07f89e211.jpg
20180814170309_1.jpg.d18aa44d9132ed1a95d71307b194aed3.jpg20180720003140_1.jpg.4a88b6abb1b8009435e9233f07868cce.jpg20180810195200_1.jpg.46f21405349b2517c45d1309332acd87.jpg 

b_560x95.png

Just now, Fafy said:

Actually that's used on spain, not on sa, or at least I don't think it is

we use it in central america

1 hour ago, TheSadBandit said:

Excuse me, but I also speak spanish

Yes, but Fafy speak spanish due to him being native and from down here, there are some diff words depending from where you are

76561198048327544.png

@Ash-'s opinion on gmod: 

4smalUvk.png

Posted  Edited by TheSadBandit
1 minute ago, Pyros said:

Yes, but Fafy speak spanish due to him being native and from down here, there are some diff words depending from where you are

Uhhhhh I lived my whole life in Central America lol, came to the US for college :omegalul:

Edited by TheSadBandit

2 minutes ago, TheSadBandit said:

Uhhhhh I lived my whole life in Central America lol, came to the US for college :omegalul:

yes, but u gay 

76561198048327544.png

@Ash-'s opinion on gmod: 

4smalUvk.png

Posted  Edited by 3hunna_Vote_For_Pedro
16 minutes ago, Nick said:

Took me a while to realize what SA meant, aha.

I still don't know what it means tbh lmao

Edited by 3hunna_Vote_For_Pedro

Vote For Pedro

That's honestly not a bad idea. With how we are preparing right now for our both EU and NA machines, the South America expansion would have to be on low priority until this whole thing is finished.

In near future, I could attempt to look into South American dedicated servers, get best deal as much as possible, and then talk to @Roy about it. 

76561198043643390.png

This is something we can look into after deploying our network (which will happen in the next week or so).

Thanks.