andrewzong

Add a new vote for perm ban

Posted  Edited by andrewzong - Edit Reason: misunderstanding lol, look at my first 2 replies

When during night, admins are not online, so many kids just playing annoying music/spamming mic/ saying n word basically for a long-ass time (whole fking rounds) and admin comes, bang, 30 minutes ban for what its cause.

I think admins are just showing too much mercy on some trash. Please consider add a vote to perm ban some jerks just like the extend the map for 20 minutes (admins command), maybe 75% can lead a cause of perm ban

Edited by andrewzong
misunderstanding lol, look at my first 2 replies

Based? Based on what? In your dick? Please shut the fuck up and use words properly you fuckin troglodyte, do you think God gave us a freedom of speech just to spew random words that have no meaning that doesn't even correllate to the topic of the conversation? Like please you always complain about why no one talks to you or no one expresses their opinions on you because you're always spewing random shit like poggers based cringe and when you try to explain what it is and you just say that it's funny like what? What the fuck is funny about that do you think you'll just become a stand-up comedian that will get a standing ovation just because you said "cum" in the stage? HELL NO YOU FUCKIN IDIOT, so please shut the fuck up and use words properly you dumb bitch

I have never played Zombie Escape, but I will say this. Banning is a kind of power that admins hold because banning can easily be abused. Bans happen when people break the rules. If randoms were given the ability to vote on someone being banned, there could potentially be false bans that have no justification whatsoever. This is made especially true when you make the ban *permanent*.

Even if the vote is initialized by the admin, the admin should be smart enough to tell if someone is breaking server rules that justify a permanent ban. They should not be giving randoms the ability to decide for the admins. Because it isn't very responsible, and it shows the admin cannot make their own decisions.

If admins are failing to do their job, that's something you can bring up to the staff roster in private DMs. But I STRONGLY suggest a "vote to ban" system to never be added. The admins should be able to decide if someone is breaking enough rules to warrant a ban. Plus, this system could be very easily abused.

I'm sure the staff team appreciates the suggestion of course, but I'm not too sure if this would be the smartest idea.

I write programs and stuff.

If you need to contact me, here is my discord tag: Dustin#6688

I am a busy person. So responses may be delayed.

1840045955_Thicco(1).thumb.png.87c04f05633286f3b45b381b4acc4602.png

1 hour ago, andrewzong said:

When during night, admins are not online, so many kids just playing annoying music/spamming mic/ saying n word basically for a long-ass time (whole fking rounds) and admin comes, bang, 30 minutes ban for what its cause.

I think admins are just showing too much mercy on some trash. Please consider add a vote to perm ban some jerks just like the extend the map, maybe 75% can lead a cause of perm ban

you cant just give people powers to do shit like that with a majority, it will inevitably be abused once one guy convinces everyone to use it

we have admins for a reason. goodbye go back to PSE

Posted  Edited by andrewzong - Edit Reason: English 2 hard, change my grammar mistakes
1 hour ago, Flops said:

you cant just give people powers to do shit like that with a majority, it will inevitably be abused once one guy convinces everyone to use it

we have admins for a reason. goodbye go back to PSE

I am not saying give people this, I said it that " add a vote to perm ban some jerks just like the extend the map", I think you misunderstand that, since I pounce it unclear. for extend the map, I was thinking of "extend the map 20 minutes" choice in admin command. So basically only admins can use this command but we can judge is it too strict, I do think most people in the server do have mercy. However, even this "mercy" has a limit. I am not "giving people power" I am giving "broken mic spammer" an idea that they do have a chance to get perm banned and it is judged by the people who suffered from your action.

People just re-join the server and that makes !sm command completely useless. They spam mic for fun, so we should have a chance to ruin his/her "fun" forever.

Edited by andrewzong
English 2 hard, change my grammar mistakes

Based? Based on what? In your dick? Please shut the fuck up and use words properly you fuckin troglodyte, do you think God gave us a freedom of speech just to spew random words that have no meaning that doesn't even correllate to the topic of the conversation? Like please you always complain about why no one talks to you or no one expresses their opinions on you because you're always spewing random shit like poggers based cringe and when you try to explain what it is and you just say that it's funny like what? What the fuck is funny about that do you think you'll just become a stand-up comedian that will get a standing ovation just because you said "cum" in the stage? HELL NO YOU FUCKIN IDIOT, so please shut the fuck up and use words properly you dumb bitch

3 hours ago, _Rocket_ said:

I have never played Zombie Escape, but I will say this. Banning is a kind of power that admins hold because banning can easily be abused. Bans happen when people break the rules. If randoms were given the ability to vote on someone being banned, there could potentially be false bans that have no justification whatsoever. This is made especially true when you make the ban *permanent*.

Even if the vote is initialized by the admin, the admin should be smart enough to tell if someone is breaking server rules that justify a permanent ban. They should not be giving randoms the ability to decide for the admins. Because it isn't very responsible, and it shows the admin cannot make their own decisions.

If admins are failing to do their job, that's something you can bring up to the staff roster in private DMs. But I STRONGLY suggest a "vote to ban" system to never be added. The admins should be able to decide if someone is breaking enough rules to warrant a ban. Plus, this system could be very easily abused.

I'm sure the staff team appreciates the suggestion of course, but I'm not too sure if this would be the smartest idea.

yeah, my bad, for the "extend" part I said, I mean the "extend for 20 minutes" command that only admins can use...

I think I just pounce it wrong...

what is my idea:

-Someone mic spam for 10 minutes, rejoin to make !sm command useless

-Admin comes, heard the complains from the people who suffered from this

-Admin opens his admin command bar and make a vote to perm ban mic spammer or not, maybe it requires 75% of the online players or even 90%.

-People who suffered from the mic spammer have a chance to choose to ban him or not

-

Does the mute option still not work?  Is there no self-mute command?  I haven't been on in a long while, but if spam is the main problem, then why not relieve yourself rather than risk imposing something against others?

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Well, I'd say first, you can disable voice chat as I'm sure you know. ("voice_enable 0" in console if you didn't.) Secondly, what happens if it's one of the situations where a ton of trolls are on and there's one person they particularly feel annoyed about? In that case, they could all gang up on the person and use the vote ban command you're recommending and get them banned. I feel as though, as Rocket said, banning and kicking are powers that should only be accessible by the staff team of the server.

Achievements

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

So you pretty much want the playerbase to set the guidelines for punishments and to choose whether or not a player gets punished? Probably one of the dumbest things I've read on here. :benfacepalm:

It is a misunderstanding due to my poor english skills god damn it

Look at my first 2 replies

58 minutes ago, _Toxic_ said:

Well, I'd say first, you can disable voice chat as I'm sure you know. ("voice_enable 0" in console if you didn't.) Secondly, what happens if it's one of the situations where a ton of trolls are on and there's one person they particularly feel annoyed about? In that case, they could all gang up on the person and use the vote ban command you're recommending and get them banned. I feel as though, as Rocket said, banning and kicking are powers that should only be accessible by the staff team of the server.

1 hour ago, Loco said:

:benfacepalm:

1 hour ago, Joshy said:

Does the mute option still not work?  Is there no self-mute command?  I haven't been on in a long while, but if spam is the main problem, then why not relieve yourself rather than risk imposing something against others?

It is kind of working, but still, if you mute some trolls, they just rejoin the server and you have to re-mute that guy again, again and again...

Posted  Edited by _Rocket_

We understand exactly what you are trying to say Andrew. We are saying that letting randoms in the server vote on if someone should be banned isn't the brightest idea. An admin should be able to make that decision. If an admin in the server is failing to do their job, you can contact the server manager or someone else in the staff team directly to address your concerns. Because in the end, mic spam is not a banable offense in any GFL server that I know of. Let alone a permanent ban.

We are glad you want the server to run well, and I'm sure the staff appreciate your concern, but allowing people to vote on if someone should be banned *permanently* is NOT how this problem should be fixed.

Edited by _Rocket_

I write programs and stuff.

If you need to contact me, here is my discord tag: Dustin#6688

I am a busy person. So responses may be delayed.

1840045955_Thicco(1).thumb.png.87c04f05633286f3b45b381b4acc4602.png

6 minutes ago, _Rocket_ said:

We understand exactly what you are trying to say Andrew. We are saying that letting randoms in the server vote on if someone should be banned isn't the brightest idea. An admin should be able to make that decision. If an admin in the server is failing to do their job, you can contact the server manager or someone else in the staff team directly to address your concerns. Because in the end, mic spam is not a banable offense in any GFL server that I know of. Let alone a permanent ban.

We are glad you want the server to run well, and I'm sure the staff appreciate your concern, but allowing people to vote on if someone should be banned *permanently* is NOT how this problem should be fixed.

ok got it xD

Jesus those music spammer so annoying

Posted  Edited by Loco

I may work on adding some new features  that is lacking on selfmute but can't promise to you guys anything..

On the final note, this is not the first time someone suggests some moderation access when admin is not available. The rejection idea purely comes from, when such power given to a player, it will cause more harm to the server to than good. 

Additionally, players are underutilizing and avoiding the player report system in the forum and our ZE discord (@ZEModmail). When asked about player to utilize such a system,  player immediately rejects idea because of their procrastination. I found this ridiculous when the player wants to seek punishment for the accused perpetrator.  

Edited by Loco

Posted  Edited by DUSTY
3 hours ago, Loco said:

When asked about player to utilize such a system,  player immediately rejects idea because of their procrastination. I found this ridiculous when the player wants to seek punishment for the accused perpetrator.  

Honestly it is too much work to record a demo and fill out a form that leads to nothing

Edited by DUSTY