Roy

Will There Ever Be A Cure To Cancer?

De Poll  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Will A Majority Of Cancer Types Be Cured In The Future?

A topic I thought about a lot recently is whether cancer will ever be "cured". Now, I know there are many different types of cancers and they're very complex per individual as well (at least to my understanding), but what I'm referring to here is a majority of the most common cancers and most individuals.

I'm not even close to a scientist, but I've always been interested in the body, health, etc. along with whether things like cancer and Alzheimers will be cured (my grandmother died in 2018 after suffering from Alzheimers for 15 years which is why I have such a strong interest in finding a cure from it and my step grandmother died from cancer back in 2010).

So what do you all think? Do you think cancer will eventually be fully cured for a majority of the common types of cancer which would apply to most individuals?

Feel free to explain why you think that way as well.

Posted  Edited by JGuary55 · Hidden
Hidden

Yes/No, and the reason being is you know how much money there making? Lmao, there making so much money off donations that if they did/going to they would lose a fuck ton of money lol.

I feel like they already made a cure and they just don’t wanna give it out because all the money there making 

Edited by JGuary55

image.jpeg.c5698c2d3670a49d660e08b65bcee65a.jpeg

Hidden

Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic I wouldn't be surprise if we would be able to teleport around in the future and change your appearance to be literally anything. But back to cancer since stuff like mRNA vaccines are coming out where they can get the cells to execute instructions I've read people talking about that they could use that to cure things like cancer or HIV in the future. The only problem with vaccines and modern medicine though like that is since people live longer then the population grows faster and you can only support so many people until the worlds infrastructure starts to collapse there are people that are slaves and or are starving right now etc too. Then wars etc could break out over resources too. There is nothing other than like viruses and people killing each other etc that controls our population so it can get out of control.

Hidden

we could cure cancer within a year if SOME people would get there heads out of there asses and think of the greater good.

if you wanted to cure cancer today you could delete this website that will at least cure a good few cases idk

spartan-737 of the UNSC

Untitled.png.fedd8770f6c536347870db66beb82e4a.png

Hidden

Gosh you're posting things like you have some unexplained illness and pain... then asking about cancer.  Makes me nervous, but I'm sure it's a coincidental and genuine curiosity on the subject.  I personally think there will be one within our lifetime.  I don't think I've heard of any fundamental reason that would totally prevent it, and the technology I've seen has shown a lot of incredible and promising progress.  I think at the very least if there were no cure we would have tools to detect it quickly and easily (say for instance an app on your phone or maybe a wearable like your watch or shoes) and they could treat it early enough with effective drugs that would allow people to live decent quality of life with it.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

7 hours ago, Joshy said:

Gosh you're posting things like you have some unexplained illness and pain... then asking about cancer.  Makes me nervous, but I'm sure it's a coincidental and genuine curiosity on the subject.  I personally think there will be one within our lifetime.  I don't think I've heard of any fundamental reason that would totally prevent it, and the technology I've seen has shown a lot of incredible and promising progress.  I think at the very least if there were no cure we would have tools to detect it quickly and easily (say for instance an app on your phone or maybe a wearable like your watch or shoes) and they could treat it early enough with effective drugs that would allow people to live decent quality of life with it.

Thankfully I don't have cancer or an unexplained illness from what I know 😄 I've always been curious about these topics though, especially since I've had loved ones pass away from them at some point in my life. I was looking at articles and Reddit threads on whether people think most cancer will be cured in the future and read a lot of interesting things which led to me wanting to see what people in GFL thought.

Hidden

I think it will take a lot of time, effort, dedication, and money from pharmaceutical companies, but I think there will be some cure for cancer at some point. Idk when this will be though, hopefully soon but we never know what humanity will do :omegalul:

-Brotherwolf

Hidden
22 hours ago, TSARGA said:

Health insurers say yes.

not when its privatized lmao

Achievements