Roy

[1-15-17]Possibly Downgrading Europe Machine + Financial State

Posted  Edited by PB-n-J · Hidden
Hidden

Could also expand on Syrus's idea a bit:

Do a wholesale bargain. For example: 10 VIPs for $70, or something along the lines of that nature.

Edited by PB-n-J

GIF.gif

37c6a160ff76e7ef7db4db7df0d50dc3.png

9d668bb6162aaa048432fe2935d30458.png

129ef22cb8471b6c808a1ce582f493aa.png

7f018283383ed2d1d0bd4cafeb1e87ac.png

bce96f456cff8113e7d9e5c2c6f65fff.png

v1.png

Hidden
1 hour ago, PB-n-J said:

Could also expand on Syrus's idea a bit:

Do a wholesale bargain. For example: 10 VIPs for $70, or something along the lines of that nature.

Or bring back perma for around $85 for just a month!

HiVisit GameTracker.com for the latest game server information!

Image result for fox gif                       Image result for fox gif                 Image result for fox gif swarm

14 minutes ago, JerryHatTrick said:

Here is my gripe, and I hope it can be resolved easily;

I have permanent VIP, which means I never have to donate to GFL again.

However, I want to donate from time to time,  because I'm a firm believer in supporting the servers you play on.

The problem is, if I donate using the current system, I have my status changed (just recently to "Supporter"), and when that expires, I lose my VIP status & have to ask for it to be restored. Others also seem to have this issue.

If there is an alternative method, I may be missing it. But it's a concern, for me anyway.

I believe @denros is looking into this issue sometime this week. The system currently doesn't check if the user is a higher rank. Therefore, if you purchase Supporter as a VIP, your rank will be overwritten.

This will be changed hopefully soon!

Thanks for the support!

On 1/17/2017 at 8:18 PM, Argyros said:

@Roy
You can save money by using your own Windows Server License on OVH.

I'm not sure what you mean. We aren't planning to use Windows for OVH (only NFO). If we got an NFO VDS, since it would have to be managed (in-order for the server IPs to stay, etc), we wouldn't be able to use our own Windows license, etc.

Also, I purchased the OVH GameServer machine ($80.00/m) and eight IPs for our game servers and such ($24.00) yesterday. Since it will take a while to setup, I decided to purchase it now and set it up along with perform many tests.

Thanks!

I have decided to go with moving our servers to a NFO VDS.

353c9365959f8.png

Recently, we have only been hitting around 30% peak CPU daily. I felt temporarily purchasing a NFO VDS until we move to OVH would be the best option (this would also save us money as well).

Thanks.

After monitoring performance for the past few days on our VDS, I've made the decision to just keep our dedicated machine and cancel our VDS. I am currently moving servers from the VDS back to the machine.

I was on Surf RPG DM (EU) two days ago and noticed constant lag spikes (this was the exact issue we had in the past with NFO VDSs). As I said in another update, I asked NFO to move us to a more powerful VDS but that hasn't helped performance much. If we were to keep the VDS, we would have to upgrade the core count regardless (we would easily reach 100% overall CPU at this rate with four cores).

Hopefully we will not have to keep this machine after this month since we should have moved to OVH by then.

Thanks.