Joel

DarkRP suggestions

• queue featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic
Posted  Edited by MangoDoxin - Edit Reason: Adding numbers so I know what @Bae was referring to, because I was too lazy to count each time.

Pickpocketing, explosives, health/armor kits on walls, defibulators, drug manufacturing, welding kits, mining/wood cutting, and fruit selling.

1. Easy way to get a few extra dollars off unsuspecting players, illegal but a quick buck. Should have a player cooldown and against rules when in spawn.

2. Helps raids and entering homes/bases. May increase RDM damage and or server latency.

3. Easier way to get health/armor than tracking down a doctor or gundealer. I believe theres an ad-on for one that forces players to pay for it when used. Could deter players from playing doctors already more than they are now.

4. A way to revive dead players, might make it against rules for raids or else more raids would last longer. Helps more players play doctor as they can have a greater role than just healing.

5. A way to create drugs that you can ether sell to players, take yourself, or sell to an NPC, probably by growing the plants that make the chemicals you use, then process them into what players use.

6. A weapon that allows players to bypass doors and props without a lockpick or keypad, which fades an entire prop. Ineffective against prop doors with multiple layers and real doors. Makes more bases raidable because you can bypass their maze system.

7. Legal way to make money, hit a rock/tree with an (pick)axe and bring to a dealer for it. Different kind of mod that does ores that doesn't put them in a box to process and you get a variety of ores. A thief can probably steal the money out of the logging/mining mod even though it takes a minuet outside.

8. Legal way to make money. Plant food outside and collect it, then bring to a fruit buyer. Requires lots of room outside and usually a pickup truck.

Edited by MangoDoxin
Adding numbers so I know what @Bae was referring to, because I was too lazy to count each time.

@MangoDoxin all I want to say from that list is that ...

• for defib/reviving dead players seems like a bad idea because when purge had it; it was a bunch of nlr and the addon for that was broken. It causes tons of lags and bugs on the server. 
  • For the second suggestion, if it is implemented, there's really no need to add a rule for exception in spawn because it's already on the motd under General #23
  • I'm against suggestion #7 because I just think that's not necessary. 
  • #8 sounds like terraria/minecraft/etc

I don't play darkrp, but some these suggestions is just plain weird and odd.

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

6 minutes ago, Bae said:

@MangoDoxin all I want to say from that list is that ...

• for defib/reviving dead players seems like a bad idea because when purge had it; it was a bunch of nlr and the addon for that was broken. It causes tons of lags and bugs on the server. 
  • For the second suggestion, if it is implemented, there's really no need to add a rule for exception in spawn because it's already on the motd under General #23
  • I'm against suggestion #7 because I just think that's not necessary. 
  • #8 sounds like terraria/minecraft/etc

I don't play darkrp, but some these suggestions is just plain weird and odd.

I believe the ones I suggested are ones from real servers, so I know they exist, and I don't see many cases where servers, especially like Purge, have legal ways to make good money, as its difficult to make a few thousand for most good things in servers with just an RP job, so people have to rely on mugging which usually doesn't go well.

Just trying to help reach the dream of qDogg, our lord and savior.

21 minutes ago, MangoDoxin said:

I believe the ones I suggested are ones from real servers, so I know they exist, and I don't see many cases where servers, especially like Purge, have legal ways to make good money, as its difficult to make a few thousand for most good things in servers with just an RP job, so people have to rely on mugging which usually doesn't go well.

Just trying to help reach the dream of qDogg, our lord and savior.

It's actually two manager for DarkRP. Sasha and Qdogg. But I get you, I'm just saying in my pointview some of them don't seem to fit the darkrp theme they're aiming for.

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Just a suggestion, not a "HEY SHIT FUCKER! THIS SERVER IS HORRIBLE BECAUSE ITS MISSING GENERIC_AD-ON_420 BY SWAGLORD69 SO GET IT FROM CODERHIRE OR ELSE THIS SHITFEST YOU CALL A SERVER WILL SUCK LOL" because I like how different it is from Purge, as it seems a bit more relaxed, since dark RP is further from the cancer of Purge servers in general, as most people who play Gmod only want to shoot people, partially because its made from an FPS, and looking at ways to make money prevents people from having to resort to it.

On 6/25/2016 at 7:02 PM, MangoDoxin said:
Spoiler

Pickpocketing, explosives, health/armor kits on walls, defibulators, drug manufacturing, welding kits, mining/wood cutting, and fruit selling.

1. Easy way to get a few extra dollars off unsuspecting players, illegal but a quick buck. Should have a player cooldown and against rules when in spawn.

2. Helps raids and entering homes/bases. May increase RDM damage and or server latency.

3. Easier way to get health/armor than tracking down a doctor or gundealer. I believe theres an ad-on for one that forces players to pay for it when used. Could deter players from playing doctors already more than they are now.

4. A way to revive dead players, might make it against rules for raids or else more raids would last longer. Helps more players play doctor as they can have a greater role than just healing.

5. A way to create drugs that you can ether sell to players, take yourself, or sell to an NPC, probably by growing the plants that make the chemicals you use, then process them into what players use.

6. A weapon that allows players to bypass doors and props without a lockpick or keypad, which fades an entire prop. Ineffective against prop doors with multiple layers and real doors. Makes more bases raidable because you can bypass their maze system.

7. Legal way to make money, hit a rock/tree with an (pick)axe and bring to a dealer for it. Different kind of mod that does ores that doesn't put them in a box to process and you get a variety of ores. A thief can probably steal the money out of the logging/mining mod even though it takes a minuet outside.

8. Legal way to make money. Plant food outside and collect it, then bring to a fruit buyer. Requires lots of room outside and usually a pickup truck.

Thanks for giving us real suggestions, and listing things that you think we should look into. These are are the things we look for in suggestions, not just people complaining that the server isn't up to their standards then proceed not to say how we could improve our server. Thanks!!  

I will personally look into these, the only I'm not sure about would be the explosives one, because of what you said RDM and it may cause some serious lag on the server if misused.

As for the defibs, I am trying to contact someone about an addon they created, it works and doesn't cause lua errors, it just has the issue where when you die and switch jobs while dead you keep your previous job's weapons and what not. 

The wood cutting, we have been suggested this by one of our lovely admins and qDogg was looking into it because I was at work the past few days. I will have to catch up with him when I can and see what he thinks of it. 

That drug manufacturing  one seems really cool and interesting, and if you wouldn't mind could link me to it if you have a chance. If not don't worry I will look for it on scriptfodder.

You also brought up a legal way of making money, and qDogg and I were actually talking about a legal way to make money. So something is in the early stages of becoming a thing hopefully. 

As far as a farming one, the only problem I can see with that one is space. I could be wrong about that since I haven't really looked much into yet, but we won't axe the idea yet.

*Insert former roles in GFL*

Former Council   

Former Pron Star    

Former Community Advisor  

Former Cinema and DarkRP Manager

Former Hide n Seek and DarkRP Head/Super Admin

Former Purge(x3), EFT, Cinema, DarkRP, Hide n Seek, Prop Hunt Admin

5a7926cb7024a_Kedasludrukeraklelea_07c958_6462531.gif.06f1ecedf1a3463d0ddca230a4ff3f8f.gif

Achievements

11 minutes ago, SashaGrey said:

Thanks for giving us real suggestions, and listing things that you think we should look into. These are are the things we look for in suggestions, not just people complaining that the server isn't up to their standards then proceed not to say how we could improve our server. Thanks!!  

I will personally look into these, the only I'm not sure about would be the explosives one, because of what you said RDM and it may cause some serious lag on the server if misused.

As for the defibs, I am trying to contact someone about an addon they created, it works and doesn't cause lua errors, it just has the issue where when you die and switch jobs while dead you keep your previous job's weapons and what not. 

The wood cutting, we have been suggested this by one of our lovely admins and qDogg was looking into it because I was at work the past few days. I will have to catch up with him when I can and see what he thinks of it. 

That drug manufacturing  one seems really cool and interesting, and if you wouldn't mind could link me to it if you have a chance. If not don't worry I will look for it on scriptfodder.

You also brought up a legal way of making money, and qDogg and I were actually talking about a legal way to make money. So something is in the early stages of becoming a thing hopefully. 

As far as a farming one, the only problem I can see with that one is space. I could be wrong about that since I haven't really looked much into yet, but we won't axe the idea yet.

I think space won't be a huge problem if you used the old map, or maybe even used Evocity, which has a large plot area.

After browsing script fodder by searching "Drug" I found something good, GDrugs which sounds like what you were interested. Though its your decision to take it or not. To my knowledge it should be a quality mod by a quality person and you shouldn't worry about much after getting it.

Using an inventory system instead of pockets so items aren't lost to raiders on death, and carry between sessions instead of disappearing when the owners disconnect, or when the server resets.

A radio system that gives players money if people are listening to their station.

"Hacking" computers so hackers are more than raiders by accepting jobs on a computer entity, which allows them to earn money without raiding.

"Pickpocket" so they can steal money and in hand weapons from others, as well as a way to "Salvage" other people's cars.

Refund system when you quit a job with job related items that pays you back for what you had.