Liveandie

Server Feature Suggestions

I thought about some features that I think could be implemented into the ZE Server and have listed them below.
1. Command that lists all commands. While this could be solved by listing all commands in the MOTD, I think it is far better to just have all commands be accessible while not opening up any links. Having it all through the ZE client is far better as I can still play the game. 
2. Command that lists admins that are on. Unless there is some policy that I do not know of, I think it is wise for the player base to know which admins, if any, are on. Doing so makes it easier for players to message admins to report any violation of policy. Since admin tiers exist, you could also include the individual powers that the admin has to make it clear to players just what each admin can do. For example listing an admin as capable of kicking users but not beaconing them. 

3. Command to block chat. This might already exist, but to my knowledge it's a bit more complicated to do. Give users a command to permanently mute & gag all players using only a command and not console. This command would make it a bit more faster than using the console and also of course allows players to continue playing without having the obtrusive client up.

4. Expandable scoreboard. This feature might be impossible with CS:GO Restrictions in place, but it would be cool if I could see every user which allows me to more easily friend them

5. Changing scoreboard metrics. Something I often see which confuses me, is the fact that the scoreboard scoring system is completely wack. While it may not matter too much, it should show concrete numbers that don't alter randomly. Sometimes the scoreboard can show 100 kills when the round just started or negative kills if you spectate others too much.  Again this may be a CS:GO Restriction, but if the scoreboard can be changed, it would be pretty useful.

Posted  Edited by rapperdan
17 minutes ago, Liveandie said:

I thought about some features that I think could be implemented into the ZE Server and have listed them below.
1. Command that lists all commands. While this could be solved by listing all commands in the MOTD, I think it is far better to just have all commands be accessible while not opening up any links. Having it all through the ZE client is far better as I can still play the game. 
2. Command that lists admins that are on. Unless there is some policy that I do not know of, I think it is wise for the player base to know which admins, if any, are on. Doing so makes it easier for players to message admins to report any violation of policy. Since admin tiers exist, you could also include the individual powers that the admin has to make it clear to players just what each admin can do. For example listing an admin as capable of kicking users but not beaconing them. 

3. Command to block chat. This might already exist, but to my knowledge it's a bit more complicated to do. Give users a command to permanently mute & gag all players using only a command and not console. This command would make it a bit more faster than using the console and also of course allows players to continue playing without having the obtrusive client up.

4. Expandable scoreboard. This feature might be impossible with CS:GO Restrictions in place, but it would be cool if I could see every user which allows me to more easily friend them

5. Changing scoreboard metrics. Something I often see which confuses me, is the fact that the scoreboard scoring system is completely wack. While it may not matter too much, it should show concrete numbers that don't alter randomly. Sometimes the scoreboard can show 100 kills when the round just started or negative kills if you spectate others too much.  Again this may be a CS:GO Restriction, but if the scoreboard can be changed, it would be pretty useful.

To 3 in case you don't know here is a helpfull guide for console https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=270609302

but if you could use this for the commands base that might help.

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

1 minute ago, rapperdan said:

To 3 in case you don't know here is a helpfull guide for console https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=270609302

As I mentioned in my post, I know you can use console, but I think it would be easier on players to have a command instead of just having to open up the console which intrudes on game play. I can understand why some players would object to having it though as it isn't too difficult to go into console.

Posted  Edited by Deltacommander
On 6/23/2016 at 1:14 PM, Liveandie said:

1. I like the idea, but we need to set that up

2. possibly but most people know when an admin is on.

3. again need a plugin or some coding

4&5. Csgo stops us from editing it, the 100 points is for ent watch people with items stay on the top of the board to keep track of items. Some maps also add points etc.

Edited by Deltacommander

Achievements

13 hours ago, Deltacommander said:

1. I like the idea, but we need to set that up

2. possibly but most people know when an admin is on.

3. again need a plugin or some coding

4&5. Csgo stops us from editing it, the 100 points is for ent watch people with items stay on the top of the board to keep track of items. Some maps also add points etc.

With regards to 2,  I think it's just a consequence of not seeing the scoreboard fully, which prevents me from seeing if an admin is on.