usingxbox360controller

Permanent Gag Appeal

Username : UsingXbox360Controller

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:15592540

Reason for mute: Spamming 

Body: Hey admins, I was muted like a year ago and was wondering if I could get unmuted? I was basically typing out a song which contained the N word and an admin perm gagged me for racism. I understand the limits of the server and won't speak or type ANYTHING that could even remotely be considered racey. Thanks!

Posted  Edited by Darkling - Edit Reason: You weren't banned just for typing the N word. 
45 minutes ago, usingxbox360controller said:

Body: Hey admins, I was muted like a year ago and was wondering if I could get unmuted? I was basically typing out a song which contained the N word and an admin perm gagged me for racism. I understand the limits of the server and won't speak or type ANYTHING that could even remotely be considered racey. Thanks!

Apologies for posting here.

I looked up your silence (gag+mute) which shows a couple of things which don't match up with your ban appeal.

1. You were banned last September (8 months ago). I will admit 8 months can feel like a year.
  2. You weren't banned just for typing the N word. 
    http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/260471268416693343/B9C5BC62DB3B49DEE91C82BC169D2632600F3FAF/
    Delta - "He was on his final warning, he can not appeal this silence."
  3. You were given many chances on your extensive list of other mutes/gags https://sourcebans.gflclan.com/index.php?p=commslist&searchText=STEAM_1%3A0%3A15592540&Submit=Search

As @Deltacommander is the person who issued this and stated very clearly that you were on your last warning and are not able to appeal, I will let him decide whether to outright deny this or allow you another chance.

I will say however that honesty would have been the better option to start this appeal.

Edited by Darkling
You weren't banned just for typing the N word. 

Achievements

It's pretty disingenuous of you to state I lied. Where exactly did I lie? 

I see clearly me admitting to typing out the N word and you verifying this claim but you state " You were not banned for using the N word". Please explain to me what word I was banned for using.

I never stated it was my first offense or I was unjustly banned, I fully acknowledge what I did was justifiable of a ban and am asking for leniency. I have admitted to my mistake 9 months ago and will not continue to use language like that. 

41 minutes ago, usingxbox360controller said:

I was basically typing out a song which contained the N word

b34c2f03f442c40914318aad4c671bc3.png

It quite clearly is neither, a song or you plainly typing the N word, which got you perma silenced. That is what I mean by honesty. 

It is the attitude you displayed after receiving so many chances which got you banned.

Anyway it is solely Delta's decision on this appeal. Please wait for him to reply.

Achievements

Posted  Edited by usingxbox360controller

In case anyone's wondering, Darkling edited his comment to add the word "just" on line #2. He had stated before that I was not banned for saying the N word which caused my reply to him.

Yea, Delta I understand what I said was wrong and will not continue to use that language otherwise. It's been 9 months and I assure you I've learned my lesson.

edit.png

Edited by usingxbox360controller

Okay I wasn't planning on posting again.

I literally stated in the edit what I edited 5776a4648a4bf77f7739934473a804ed.png 

Plus Delta can see what my post was before I edited it. The edit was only to make it clear the point I was making.

My post on here was only to gather all the information so that the admin who banned can see everything in one go (your steam ID returns no mutes/gags so I found the correct version) 

All the information is here and ready. Please just wait. Trying to pick faults isn't going to do you or me any favours. 

Achievements

217fed9d4594e26f2f02730b9ec67a19.jpg 

Community advisor incoming!

Lmao, anyways I see why you were gagged. Clearly saying what you said on the server isn't tolerated. I understand you want to be ungagged, wich is fine. However, if you're going to sit here and argue with @Darkling without even giving consideration of what he's trying to say then I'd guess this is going to come to a halt very soon. 

4 hours ago, Darkling said:

This is pretty sad if you were expecting something less than a perm mute/gag. If you actually wanted to stay ungagged then you shouldn't be talking like this. For example, if I donated $500 to GFL,  went and did what you did on one of our servers, then got punished and said "I'm a donor don't punish me!" that'd be childish. Anyways, I don't really see any point for replies to continue, I'll be locking this and @Deltacommander can comment and unlock whenever he pleases.

EDIT: Okay so I've spoken with the division leaders and they've come to the conclusion that your mute won't be removed. The reasoning that explained in your last mute, the permanent punishment will not be revoked and cannot be appealed. Sorry it has to come to this but that's just how it is. You should have thought about your actions after the multiple mutes and gags you received.