1. 1. What time?

• 1am Central Time(US) / 8am Central European Time(CET) / 2pm GMT+8
    • 3am Central Time(US) / 10am Central European Time (CET) / 4pm GMT+8
    • 5am Central Time(US) / 12pm Central European Time (CET) / 6pm GMT+8
    • 7am Central Time(US) / 2pm Central European Time (CET) / 8pm GMT+8

This poll is closed to new votes

Posted  Edited by xSnowyAngel

Late Night Zombie Escape Event #2

Brand New Event at late night! Cast your votes suitable for your liking!

latenightze2.thumb.png.fc66397fa6ed36129c7685dba7845687.png

MAP

ze_bioshock_v6_2_csgo2

TIME/DATE

Sunday May 14th

3am Central Time(US) / 10am Central European Time (CET) / 4pm GMT+8

Duration

2-3 hours (unless we beat it before the time stated)

Rules

Don't troll with items, or you will be banned from using them.
Don't afk in spectate, or you will be kicked.
Don't mic spam, let the leaders try to give commands over voice comm.
Don't zombie inflate (Intentionally becoming a zombie to give the CT's a lesser chance).
Mute round will be applied IF we deem it necessary.
All other server rules apply to the event.

External Links

GFL ZE Discord:  https://discord.gg/Bkfwg4q

Map Download(s):

ze_bioshock_v6_2_csgo2 - Download

Good Luck and Have Fun!

Edited by xSnowyAngel

Posted  Edited by OLIVKA

Late event = 3/4 am in my town :O.o: hehehe

P.S Sleap for weak!

Edited by OLIVKA

Anyways I think that it would be extremely useful to have GMT (UTC) time mentioned in all such announcements, because this is Coordinated Universal Time and anybody living in a different time zone should know or be able to easily find out their offset from it. Currently people that are not living in any of the time zones mentioned in the announcement have to do double conversion: from the time zone in the announcement -> to GMT -> to their time zone. There is software that can calculate offsets between different time zones automatically, but why even bother with it or rely on it?

Posted  Edited by koala

UPDATE: The event will be postponed to Sunday May 14th, 3am Central Time(US) / 10am Central European Time (CET) / 4pm GMT+8

Edited by koala

• kikofly locked, unlocked and unpinned this topic
Posted  Edited by FireStarter - Edit Reason: grammar

Still so much confusion with time zones (which I have realized after the even has started an hour earlier than I expected). I was on the server, so no problem for me, but I think that it could be made more clear in the future announcements.

The time zone in the announcement is Central Time (US). But it is not clear from the announcement whether it is Central Standard Time (GMT-6) (which is often called “Central Time” according to the site) or Central Daylight Time (GMT-5). The event has actually started at the CDT time.

The time zone in the announcement is Central European Time (GMT+1). The event has actually started at the Central European Summer Time (GMT+2).

To avoid confusion with time zones and daylight saving time I would still suggest mentioning time for Greenwich Mean Time/Coordinated Universal Time time zone or be more exact about other time zones (the time in a time zone doesn’t change during the year, these are actual places (states, cities etc.) that use different time zones during different times of the year).

I could have probably understood it earlier if I had had a closer look at the Kikofly’s screenshot, but I would prefer to have a clear and noncontradictory announcement to begin with. =)

Edited by FireStarter
grammar