FadedSnow

Marketing technique

I think a good way of selling the server to get more people is to have a amount of hours shown on that specific server for example having lots of hours can cause competitiveness and drive to stay on the server and keep playing it not matter what it is.

For the 1v1 US server I think Having a system to where you can not only challenge people but also putting some gambling or betting on the line. I'm not sure if its possible but its a awesome way for people to get drawn in. Say someone puts a Dragon lore for bet and the other person puts a p250 Sand dune theres tons of drive to play for skins and such if they decide to put them up. But No admins or anyone should be responsible for what they lose since it was their choice to put it up. I don't think this idea would work unless an admin were there since a sytem cant just take items out of your inventory. But its just an idea.

I like this one because it goes for all the servers too other than just a couple of the ones I play on. I think maybe Cross promoting would be number 5 because its a great way to broaden the horizon for players from all around to expand their interests and such. But that also does mean the players from GFL will do the same with other tyes of servers but it will do more good than bad if anything because you have 50% more people checking out the GFL servers. That's a awesome amount of people even just checking to see what its like. Very beneficial for sure.

1 hour ago, Xy_ said:

It's not really that confusing. It's kinda spamming.

Alright ill stop, for today

So I have seen this on other servers but I'm not going to leak the names but its very interesting and it hookes a lot of people in and seeing it means it can be implemented. So what it is is like for however long you are on the server you can set to get a reward for every 10 minutes your on. So its like a currency you get like 5 GFL points or something for every 10 minutes you can use those points for something like a skin like 500 GFL points for a Awp phobos. I know this can take away from the simple aspect of the servers, and whats wanted from them. But it will reward players for sticking on the server longer and this kind of ties into my first technique.

This one is a good one for all the servers and something I would love to do for this community.  It doesn't look like there is an Official social media for the servers and if there is one its not active. The only ones I would love to contribute is for twitter and Instagram, but mainly twitter. It would be very beneficial to get people to check out the servers from it but hourly or daily updates would so cool to do. I would love to help with it, I think this would be awesome for the population for all the servers. Let me know what everyone thinks of it!

5 minutes ago, denros said:

Why not put all your suggestions into one topic? Is this for posts or are you being dumb :P

I'm not putting 20 different idea into 1 thread that's silly and it will get confusing and jumbled up. I want to have tabs on the idea to look back on and for other people to pick idea they like to such as if I get to 100 they can sya they like number 5 and 68 or something.

19 minutes ago, denros said:

Why not put all your suggestions into one topic? Is this for posts or are you being dumb :P

ITS A REP FARM

STEAM 

76561198079961574.pngAddFriend.png

Posted  Edited by Bae

Now that it's merged, I'll comment now.

• Having time record does not do much to sell the servers or gain population. It is how it is or put. And most servers already have time trackers.
  • - don't know crap about 1 v 1 so skipping this -
  • We had that on gmod TTT for achievements but I think it was remove due to bugs or like it wasn't compatible with the server very well. And achievements works best for gmod servers but they don't usually last very well due to the fact that pointshop is restricted to member+ (for most servers) and player models (for most servers) are donor+ only.
  • We do have social media, please scroll down, and we also do have a team. If you want to apply, please head on over to : https://gflclan.com/forms/2-creative-application/

If you're wondering how your threads were merged, I requested it to be. 

Edited by Bae

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Just a heads up we don't have enough money in our pool or at our disposal to give out skins to players and that money could be put to way more use then practically draining our funds in order to get a population on 1v1 which we already have. Also most of your other suggestions I will not even address as most of them have almost no logic to get behind either.

Achievements