Syn

No-one on [GFLClan.com EU] Zombie Mod 24/7!??

No-one seems to be playing on my favourite server: [GFLClan.com EU] Zombie Mod 24/7 |FastDL|Store|Ranks|NoBlock (95.172.92.129:27015)

All i want is for more people to start playing on it again :P, this is the only reason i played csgo.... come and join us!

95.172.92.129:27015 | 95.172.92.129:27015 | 95.172.92.129:27015 | 95.172.92.129:27015 | 95.172.92.129:27015

GET THE SERVER BACK TOGETHER!!

The server lost its reign a long time ago. Both managers left and so it caused even the US to shut down. The server is set to be removed or something along the lines if it continues or is already on it without population.

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

I did tried to help it like twice, but it's just that people won't stay on it. They come and go. They connect in and then 5-10 minutes later, they leave the server. That's why we had an event every week to see if anyone would come on but not a single person actually stayed longer than 30 minutes.

I mean, no one is stopping you from trying. But as for me, I don't have time as I used to help out.

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Joshy - Edit Reason: lots of errors, but... oh well. Scratched sentence that was confusing people for some reason.

Summary (upon request):

• Introduce subtle novelties through Development, or be a part of marketing through Creative Team
  • Be a part of multiple communities
  • Welcome a new and large leadership team, and especially people from other communities

-----------------------------------------------------

Zombie Mod is a very mystical creature.  People expect and look for magical solutions to give rise to it, but it's something you have to nurture and grow, and there has to be an intrinsic and genuine interest in it.

There are many strong servers out there doing really well in their Zombie Mod modes, and they already offer what the players want.  Now: If you're going to attract people who even like Zombie Mod, then they're going to like the good old classics; this is the player base you're dealing with, and It's strange...  like an engineering problem...  How do you offer something new to attract players away from their favourite servers into your own, but something that isn't so extreme or new enough to absorb from its classical components?  This takes intuition and risk, and probably a very experienced or innovative person will have to answer these questions.

What can you do beyond sitting in the server all day hoping someone might join you?  I personally would look into the more operations-like teams here such as the Creative Team, and furthermore, learn some (C/C++ or Java) programming and consider developing or modifying a few plugins on AlliedModders...  maybe and eventually constructing your own from scratch.  This is how you'll offer novelties and advertise.  I had a few ideas, but I was facing a lot of backlash at the time and it was difficult for me to paint simple pictures for others.

Furthermore: Advertising beyond the limited domains of GFL.  How?  Well: You're going to have to be VERY open minded.  You've got people who are already very set in their ways (going back to your player base).  Broaden yourself into other communities and become a representative for GFL.  It's not to directly pull people from their communities, but watch out for what other players are asking for in the other community's suggestion forums, see when players have lost some satisfaction and seed them with the idea of "some other" community, and accept the trade-offs of sharing some of our own success stories to them as well ("In our other community...  this worked for us...  we tried this...") because people will know who to go to if they begin seeking alternatives: Namely, you.  It's stupid that people are so enclosed here, and I even frown upon "Shout box" advertising and "Tell your friends" as if most of them weren't already involved in this community.

People HATED that I accepted admins from other communities.  It was a growing process, but the idea was to take advantage of a typical and parasitic fallacy.  So many people want to be the boss and have power in some form.  Okay: You can have it on "our" server.  When they'd hop and dabble with their abilities, then other people would see them online and join off of their game in Steam, and they'd also become interested in leadership.  Zombie Mod is not one of those servers that should be limited to a team of "10".  Look at the other successful communities and you'll see that they have large teams...  almost needing like 50 people to be a part of their admin teams, and so you'll only need cycles of small active teams of 10 ~ 20 people while the other 30 ~ 40 lollygag until they're available; otherwise: Everyone on your small team of 10 will be extremely critical, and they will lose faith whenever the server hits a minor low.

Good luck.

Edited by Joshy
lots of errors, but... oh well. Scratched sentence that was confusing people for some reason.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

52 minutes ago, Joshy said:

Zombie Mod is a very mystical creature.  People expect and look for magical solutions to give rise to it, but it's something you have to nurture and grow, and there has to be an intrinsic and genuine interest in it.

There are many strong servers out there doing really well in their Zombie Mod modes, and they already offer what the players want.  Now: If you're going to attract people who even like Zombie Mod, then they're going to like the good old classics; this is the player base you're dealing with, and It's strange...  like an engineering problem...  How do you offer something new to attract players away from their favourite servers into your own, but something that isn't so extreme or new enough to absorb from its classical components?  This takes intuition and risk, and probably a very experienced or innovative person will have to answer these questions.

What can you do beyond sitting in the server all day hoping someone might join you?  I personally would look into the more operations-like teams here such as the Creative Team, and furthermore, learn some (C/C++ or Java) programming and consider developing or modifying a few plugins on AlliedModders...  maybe and eventually constructing your own from scratch.  This is how you'll offer novelties and advertise.  I had a few ideas, but I was facing a lot of backlash at the time and it was difficult for me to paint simple pictures for others.

Furthermore: Advertising beyond the limited domains of GFL.  How?  Well: You're going to have to be VERY open minded.  You've got people who are already very set in their ways (going back to your player base).  Broaden yourself into other communities and become a representative for GFL.  It's not to directly pull people from their communities, but watch out for what other players are asking for in the other community's suggestion forums, see when players have lost some satisfaction and seed them with the idea of "some other" community, and accept the trade-offs of sharing some of our own success stories to them as well ("In our other community...  this worked for us...  we tried this...") because people will know who to go to if they begin seeking alternatives: Namely, you.  It's stupid that people are so enclosed here, and I even frown upon "Shout box" advertising and "Tell your friends" as if most of them weren't already involved in this community.

People HATED that I accepted admins from other communities.  It was a growing process, but the idea was to take advantage of a typical and parasitic fallacy.  So many people want to be the boss and have power in some form.  Okay: You can have it on "our" server.  When they'd hop and dabble with their abilities, then other people would see them online and join off of their game in Steam, and they'd also become interested in leadership.  Zombie Mod is not one of those servers that should be limited to a team of "10".  Look at the other successful communities and you'll see that they have large teams...  almost needing like 50 people to be a part of their admin teams, and so you'll only need cycles of small active teams of 10 ~ 20 people while the other 30 ~ 40 lollygag until they're available; otherwise: Everyone on your small team of 10 will be extremely critical, and they will lose faith whenever the server hits a minor low.

Good luck.

He wasn't talking about CS:S Zombie Mod.

In my experience with EU Zombie mod, it may be a lost cause now. You are only going to get a top player count of 10 players. You will be lucky to even get 15. The admins that are added would abuse. The whole thing would need a better system added to it. A lot of things broken when GamersOwn's added and removed stuff from it, and he didn't really ask for help. It's hard to actually play something that you put a lot of time into for no one to enjoy so.

swegbuster1.png

Posted  Edited by Joshy
1 minute ago, SwegBuster said:

He wasn't talking about CS:S Zombie Mod.

In my experience with EU Zombie mod, it may be a lost cause now. You are only going to get a top player count of 10 players. You will be lucky to even get 15. The admins that are added would abuse. The whole thing would need a better system added to it. A lot of things broken when GamersOwn's added and removed stuff from it, and he didn't really ask for help. It's hard to actually play something that you put a lot of time into for no one to enjoy so.

I don't like the assumption that I was talking about CS:S.  I was referring to the game mode.  I never mentioned Source.  Thanks.

Edited by Joshy

1 minute ago, Joshy said:

I don't like the assumption that I was talking about CS:S.  I was referring to the game-mode.

1 hour ago, Joshy said:

People HATED that I accepted admins from other communities.

Last time I check this is talking about CS:S as you were never a manager for a CS:GO. 

swegbuster1.png

Posted  Edited by Joshy - Edit Reason: follow up

You're looking at apples versus oranges when I'm talking about fruit.  By the way: Apples AND oranges are fruit.  Please elaborate on how my past experience invalidates the concepts and how I could have possibly thought he was talking about CS:S ZM since we totally have that server (sarcasm).

It goes back to me always reminding leadership that they don't need the conditions neither the parameters to be exactly the same to repeat mistakes.  People in my groups often refer to little kids and how they learn from their mistakes after touching a hot pan on the stove...  The concept isn't invalidated when it's a hot pot on the stove.  DON'T TOUCH IT if you don't want to get burned!

edit:

I'll tell you what: I'll just scratch out the part that mentioned anything of my past experience.  I hope that clears up everything.  Cheers.

Edited by Joshy
follow up

Posted  Edited by Syntax

Hey @Syn,

I highly appreciate the fact that you spent time to create this thread, and that you actually care about GFL's servers statuses, and I'm pretty happy to see that people still want to play Zombie Mod, and I'm going to explain a few things to you in this post.

First of all, Zombie Mod is dead and you're correct, but the amount of potential it has to make a comeback is sky high, there are a lot of players out there, including me that are still willing to play, and currently there is a project to revive it, since if you check GameTracker you'll see some spikes, might be small, but that's just a start, as to why it died it's really simple, what I can surely tell you is that it didn't die for one reason at all, it died for multiple ones, the server used to get around ~40+ players back in September of 2016, so it wasn't all that bad, the thing is people were just sick and tired of admins constantly abusing, or just simply not enforcing rules, if you see it from the Server Manager's POV you would actually think it's a good idea, and yes it is, but it's too much to the extent that warnings wouldn't be given, and so staff were completely disconnected from the community, we can also mention the fact that the server is way too far from being called "Zombie Mod", it has been changed way too much, we never asked for change, we asked for a better staff team, what we got was duplicated plugins, an outdated version of Zombie Reloaded, a bunch of skins that are glitched, broken plugins, and just overall a horrible experience.

Second of all, we can help revive it, you don't even know how much potential ZM has to create a spike in the Europe machine, since it's been dead for awhile, it can revive itself and send some players to try out other GFL EU servers, simply because ZM gets a lot of new players daily, they just get lost because of the way the server is broken, and just simply decide to leave, a lot of players were actually willing to come back to then realize the horrible fact that their HLStatsX score was reset, seeing it from @Roy's POV it was definitely the choice, since a lot of players found it hard to obtain high ranks or even to climb up to top20, we can say that they couldn't get good because there were way too many players that have already set unreachable scores, and that were already too good to have their scores beaten.

Third of all, if we want to revive it there has to be a lot of work done, we just can't revive a broken server, I'd prefer closing it, working on it for a week or so, and then reopening it to the public after everything has been updated, it's just the fact that they messed around with it too much, thinking it's a test server because it's dead, I really appreciate @SwegBuster's great effort in managing the server, as while he was managing the server it was completely healthy, and it was in his era that a lot of players played, though the old manager has the most credits, still, I appreciate his effort, I will also mention @GamerOwns's countless attempts to fix the server and then revive it, it's just that a lot of players were done when Sweg left and admins just lost interest, it seemed like if Sweg left the project and left us, it was just a disaster.

Fourth of all(sounds weird), I'd love to see more of these types of threads, I was going to create my own but I'm a bit busy with coding, I just don't have enough time today, though I really hope to see you around on the server, since tomorrow I'm going to be launching a small project to get it back up, in the past few days, I've been re-gathering a bunch of old players, (I got rank #1, #2, #3 and some top20) to get back to playing, and they actually loved it, it brought many memories, but didn't bring enough ones since it was broken.

Last but not least, the server was put to being deleted, but since a few players decided to play again it was delayed, or as I think so, i'll be on tomorrow attempting to revive it and get the player count up to 20 players, sounds pretty easy if we can just get our friends and old players to play, the rest will be the server's duty, since it attracts a lot of new players. I'd be so happy if you guys could actually make up more threads like this one, not just about ZM but other servers, so we can somewhat of poke the Division Leaders  @HackingPotato and @Deltacommander to send them a message that we still play, and that we can actually do something about it, hope is not lost.

Take care buddy,

Syntax.

Edited by Syntax

Achievements

5 hours ago, Potti said:

need new plugin or new stuffs... EVERYTHING IS BROKEN

I don't think new will fix issues. But not everything new can fix anything that's outdated. But then again I don't know much about how CS:GO works as much as I used to. 

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Syn

Mhmmm, sounds good @Syntax. But i dont think it will need any new plugins... Keep it to how it was a long time ago. Brings back memories etc. But definetly add some new maps or whatever. I do remember @GamerOwns and @SwegBuster, great help for the server and community! I played by myself for 20min and 4 people already joined! So we can definetly get the server back together with the help of the old+new players and maybe some new staff *nudge nudge wink wink* ;) Anyway, all we can do is help and hope :)  Right now we have 12 people including me on the server :P https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/844839649406308499/68B5764641720DFAE121EFC93A5B0ED1E6CF5272/

Edited by Syn

5 hours ago, Bae said:

I don't think new will fix issues. But not everything new can fix anything that's outdated. But then again I don't know much about how CS:GO works as much as I used to. 

He's not saying that we need new plugins, he's saying that we need to update them, and he's right =)

4 hours ago, Syn said:

Mhmmm, sounds good @Syntax. But i dont think it will need any new plugins... Keep it to how it was a long time ago. Brings back memories etc. But definetly add some new maps or whatever. I do remember @GamerOwns and @SwegBuster, great help for the server and community! I played by myself for 20min and 4 people already joined! So we can definetly get the server back together with the help of the old+new players and maybe some new staff *nudge nudge wink wink* ;) Anyway, all we can do is help and hope :)  Right now we have 12 people including me on the server :P https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/844839649406308499/68B5764641720DFAE121EFC93A5B0ED1E6CF5272/

We're working on it, @GamerOwns still has admin which is good, since I can still contact him to make a few changes, though I don't think we can touch plugins, we can surely do something about maps and general performance.

We're still going, I'm sure the server will reach 20+ players within 3 days, and then we're good to go.

Achievements

2 hours ago, GamerOwns said:

Whats broken?

(apart from skins, i don't think it affects you anyway)

many plugins need up to date and there is some broken plugin(but just most of plugins need up to date.) and idc about skins