rapperdan

Create a developer application section.

Why is this not a thing? This could open up worlds of applications atm we have no new developer and we lack the ability to have a influx of coders we are on a downhill process please re-open that application section they can prove to us that they can do things there sure we might get a lot of shitty application but all it takes is one for it to all be worth it.

Achievements

Because developer application are sent through PM to the directors and/or technical administrator, or as I recalled from Rick and the previous ones. The group itself is dead, people join and leave constantly.

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Just now, Bae said:

Because developer application are sent through PM to the directors and/or technical administrator, or as I recalled from Rick and the previous ones. The group itself is dead, people join and leave constantly.

Please tell me how well that has been going. How many people have even known to make a pm?

Achievements

Then if the group is dead then why is it still there here? The only person who Isnt a technical administrator and has it that ive seen is nick and it doesn't even show up in that's group 

STEAM 

76561198079961574.pngAddFriend.png

Just now, Eli said:

Then if the group is dead then why is it still there here? The only person who Isnt a technical administrator and has it that ive seen is nick and it doesn't even show up in that's group 

One thing can fix that an application section.

Achievements

While I have not been here near long enough to comment on the whole Developer Team past in relevance to the present, nor with applications of old and so on, nor am I really equipped to even provide input on the matter, but I figured that I might as well offer something, which may or may not be helpful.

I do think that it would be far more fruitful to open up applications as opposed to private messaging, because if prior experience has taught me anything about a lot of users, is that they typically do not care to go through the hassle of sending one. This is a similar issue with players and reporting rulebreakers. This is a reality, and while the argument stands that "if they care, they would," that is ultimately not the point. I have seen the need for developers, and the need for them have been expressed in this thread as well, so why not make the process something much more open and well-known, easier to see and to fill out, for those that do not care enough to find out how to apply for a volunteer position? I did not even know there was a way to apply for Developer(I figured there had to be one, but I never saw anything about it).

In any case, regardless of whether or not my opinion did anything but waste the time of its readers, I thought I might as well type it up to contribute to the conversation. Have a blessed one, and may everything work out to the betterment of GFL.

Posted  Edited by Bae

Even if there was a developer application, it'll still be private. You can only see your own application, is what I'm saying. Well that's how it was back then when I was Manager. You could only see your own application unless you're Manager+ (at that time) including other developers. Even then, as I state, it's still private.

Edit

Denros will be adding a form next week or sometimes next week but the reason why there isn't a form is because there's no Head Developer. Technical Administrations will be managing the Developer applications for the time being. Only Manager+ will be able to see the applications, so no one below can. 

So in the end it's still private to the public but only public to the Manager+

Edited by Bae

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Just now, denros said:

Ok will set this up. We just had bigger issue since new forums which is why it wasn't set up.

Ty again.

Achievements