im not inactive you are

Search Engine searches

So recently (today), I did a quick search, and wasn't too happy about my results. 

First, I googled gmod servers, lots of servers appeared, but I didn't see GFL anywhere.

Second, I googled GFL, this website was not the first thing that appeared, instead it was environmental shit that did.

Third, I googled gflclan, and found thing in the highlights of servers, or anything of that nature.

My suggestion is to add somewhere in the homepage the words "gmod servers" or "csgo servers", that way when people look for them on Google, our community can come up (not saying that there aren't populated servers, but not all of them are populated).

When I did search it on Google, all of these website advertising sites popped up, and they all said either Superior Servers, or some other shitty community that I've never heard of.

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

10 minutes ago, TheSadBandit said:

Second, I googled GFL, this website was not the first thing that appeared, instead it was environmental shit that did.

This depends. For me it shows a college we have.

11 minutes ago, TheSadBandit said:

When I did search it on Google, all of these website advertising sites popped up, and they all said either Superior Servers, or some other shitty community that I've never heard of.

Last I checked, Superior Servers appear as they have like, 2 servers?. And since they are almost full for being too "special" they show up first.

You should also take a look on this 2 posts:

https://gflclan.com/forums/topic/25714-search-engine-optimization-seo/?tab=comments#comment-135776

https://gflclan.com/forums/topic/25806-boosting-member-traffic/?tab=comments#comment-137148

Cheers!

76561198048327544.png

@Ash-'s opinion on gmod: 

4smalUvk.png
image.png.c3ced03940ca3f9bff0b8c6b1b425d4f.png

Thanks! I hadn't seen these 2, although SS does have like 2 gamemodes, what I'm saying is that our homepage should include some of our new/more populated/more popular servers on them (somewhere in the bottom), just so that when the certain terms are searched for, it appears in Google. It's what I saw when I typed CWRP gmod server into Google, the reason SS appears on Google is because their home page is their server list, which shows up on a search engine when you search for those terms.

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

@TheSadBandit I'm not even kidding you can't be more right about the google search engine and it's marketing value.

anyways I've kinda manipulated it for a while now. if you can make a term into a searched term and basicly market an area aka gfl the term "games for life" one would ask how often that term is searched in google and how we could boost traffic it's the same reason why huge companies pay millions for a simple thing like a domain, but recently things have been changing on the internet and .com is no longer something considered as a needed part of a website as there is now countless other things other then .com that people can use and it's slowly but surely becoming of the norm and considered as safe or relative to safe. keep in mind we started gfl when .com was the only thing considered of the norm but slowly and surely .com will no longer be dominant and other things will flood it out. and that is the sad truth but what can we do to maintain high traffic rates and keep up on being the dominant high traffic search term and considered as relative to the search, while yes google also cators to it's user and what you would want to find on such a term as more and more things also become something using a term it can be overflooded and that is the sad truth.

so what can we do to change this and become what we need to become.

iXMwOzS1Rvy6LdftnF4goQ.png

Achievements