JuxyGG

Addition of NEW Human Skins

Would you like the addition of NEW human skins to play as? (Both Free to play & for Donator/VIP only)  

50 members have voted

1. 1.

• Hell yeah!
    • Nah i'm lame.

Posted  Edited by shine

Hello GFL community,

I have been playing the server for around a week or two now regularly and noticed that playing as a human gets monotonous seeing the same master chief & public officer all the time. I believe the addition of a wider variety of human skins will both increase player satisfaction with the server & increase revenue (Donator/VIP only skins). As example imagine playing alongside Goku, Batman, Darth Vader, Sailor Moon, Solid Snake, and more (Examples below)!! That sounds absolutely AWESOME!!

*Note I did not make these skins nor do I own them, pics are referenced from a popular modding community see more here! -->  Custom Human Skins Already Made

Best Regards,

shine 

52a47ffaa9c3a.jpg

55bfca5d516a5.jpg

59bdd39ecc589.jpg

544ff0aad4f8e.jpg

559e907568bec.jpg

559fa03d3d0d1.jpg

588b475c8a14d.jpg

591f115923150.jpg

Edited by shine

we already offer a wide variety of skins for vip/donator. 

if you apply for member. you already get 4 additional skins available for free. (2 for humans and 2 for zombies)

some of these skins have been already been added before and was taken out because not alot of players use it.

we change/add skins once in a while depending on the quality and the usage..

To add onto these posts, if we ever do consider changing up skins in the future. Please note that skins that you suggest must be under 5mb (Everything packed). This is because we want to avoid making the download times for users extremely long. Another related point to this is that we are not looking to ADD more skins to the server, but only replace pre-existing skins on the server due to the download time issue.

does it cost money to have more skins? why take them down, add them, remove them, on a regular basis? is there some sort of cost associated with having skin options to players? 

I have always wondered this, but just been too shy to ask.... 

Since the start of the server, it has always more been on the focus of the ZE game mode. So naturally things like tracers, weeb skins, trails, pets and whatever cosmetic addons that are out there isn't on our priority list. The larger the files, the longer the download time and since this server attracts a large crowd of randoms, shorter download times is a reason why some people prefer this server over others.

Also, since 2017, skin models being uploaded require a number of fixes to it before we use it in server. It's time consuming and can result in a lot of errors if not done properly. 

Just use the renaming trick to replace out the skins on the server.

3 hours ago, reduct said:

Also, since 2017, skin models being uploaded require a number of fixes to it before we use it in server. It's time consuming and can result in a lot of errors if not done properly. 

lol

since the download size of the models is a criteria the only solution would be to remove some skins to add bigger ones and that probably isn't an option either.

a lot of skins where in discussion before the last change/update of skins, most of them failed because of the size.

nevertheless i will never give up to add 2B tho ::x:

On 8/3/2018 at 9:46 AM, reduct said:

shorter download times is a reason why some people prefer this server over others.

its a one time download and half the maps are bigger than the first time download for gfl

PSE's download is only 10 minutes which is hardly long

On 8/3/2018 at 9:46 AM, reduct said:

Never heard of that issue or experienced it myself, you sure youre not just doing something retarded like uploading the zipped file or something

Just now, Malal said:

its a one time download and half the maps are bigger than the first time download for gfl

PSE's download is only 10 minutes which is hardly long

Never heard of that issue or experienced it myself, you sure youre not just doing something retarded like uploading the zipped file or something

Ping factors into download time. Higher ping = Higher download time. Also for a lot of new or casual players, 10 minute download time for a community server is considered long. 

For the server-side skins, we have to edit the hitboxes in the skins to prevent it from lagging out the server even before we upload it. 

14 hours ago, reduct said:

For the server-side skins, we have to edit the hitboxes in the skins to prevent it from lagging out the server even before we upload it. 

lol

23 hours ago, reduct said:

Ping factors into download time. Higher ping = Higher download time

I get 150-200 ping to PSE and my internet isn't even that good, unless they're connecting from Russia or China most players ping should be at or below 200

Also for a lot of new or casual players, 10 minute download time for a community server is considered long. 

I said PSE's and they probably have well over 100 player models

For ZE in particular? Because I know servers that don't and run fine, if you're talking about so bullets don't get blocked it's not that hard to do.

On 8/3/2018 at 9:13 AM, Aze said:

tbh all of this skins sucks and it made me cringed

i feel the same way. anime skins feels not suitable for this server. if you want more skin, just buy donator or vip. but if you want to play csgo zombie escape with anime skins for free, there's a lot of asian server that has it.

93896602_p0.jpg

6 hours ago, mikasa said:

if you want to play csgo zombie escape with anime skins for free, there's a lot of asian server that has it.

i dont speak ching chong though

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2018 at 8:16 PM, Malal said:

For ZE in particular? Because I know servers that don't and run fine, if you're talking about so bullets don't get blocked it's not that hard to do.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpost.php?p=2253426&postcount=12

sv_penetration_type 0 allows penetration through teammates but still has to calculate everything, causing lag when a bunch of people are shooting.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpost.php?p=2457064&postcount=1

Editing the actual hitboxes stops the server from having to calculate all the useless stuff.