SS PigeonShit

Fallout 3 on Windows 10 Vol. 2

Hey guys, where we last left off (see below)

Good news is a found patch that worked and I was actually able to play the game without it crashing every 74 seconds.

Bad news? I finished Fallout 3 for the very first time and uhhhhh. . .   

:toxic:it fuckin sucked, my dude:toxic:

To clarify, I actually enjoyed the game very much. Love the gameplay, the style, the feel to it, the capital wasteland, everything. It was all really really fun. The main story on the other hand? I'm pretty sure @mario_the_man could substitute one of his shitposts for the main quest and it'd be just as good, if not better. Way too short, not enough choices, no free play after the main story (unless you have the Broken Steel DLC). Gonna take a break but definitely doing another play through as aside from the main quest, I did like 5 other quests and did absolutely no exploration north of the D.C. ruins or like, the entire southwestern quarter of the map. But anyway, that's that. Fun game, needed more work. If you played the game and you read this, I'd very much like to know your opinion of it.

You get to either:

1. save no one
  2. save everyone
  3. save everyone but mutants

Bad endings, boring main story, and most of the map remains unexplored if you just do the main stuff. You'd assume that the main quest would gradually introduce you to most of the different places but nope, you're supposed to walk around and find all of them yourself in a bland map. At least there's the Broken Steel DLC, since that lets you explore after the end, but the way they mashed together all the important parts into the remaining 10% of the story just left a bad taste in my mouth.

It's why FO:NV > FO3. :lenny:

big signature below

flyingjoes_signature.png

thanks you to @Aura

me.png

~~~made by @King_Wailord~~~

19 minutes ago, flyingjoe32 said:

You get to either:

1. save no one
  2. save everyone
  3. save everyone but mutants

Bad endings, boring main story, and most of the map remains unexplored if you just do the main stuff. You'd assume that the main quest would gradually introduce you to most of the different places but nope, you're supposed to walk around and find all of them yourself in a bland map. At least there's the Broken Steel DLC, since that lets you explore after the end, but the way they mashed together all the important parts into the remaining 10% of the story just left a bad taste in my mouth.

It's why FO:NV > FO3. :lenny:

That's my issue. I have no problem with the main quest not sending you all over the map. What the game doesn't do however is incentivize adventure and discovery. Like, I never had any reason to visit Canterbury Commons or Big Town or Paradise Falls.

Of all the Bethesda games I've played (Fallout 3, Fallout 4, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim and a bit of Daggerfall), Fallout 3 is definitely the worst. The other games either have a better story, better gameplay, a more compelling world to explore, or a combination of these things.

It's not a bad game, but nowadays it lives in the shadow of Fallout: New Vegas—a vastly superior game in almost every aspect.

Pt5iuHl.png

I won't take a photo—I'll tell it through words.

Achievements