Roy

CallAdmin Update

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to give a small update on our CallAdmin plugin that basically posts a message in the Shoutbox when somebody uses the "!calladmin" command in-game.

Yesterday, somebody was exploiting this and it resulted in hundreds of messages being spammed inside the Shoutbox. These messages were deleted.

Since then, I've secured the code so it can only be used by our game servers (how it should have been). With that said, @Xy_ plans to rewrite this entire project which should result in further securing the project.

Thanks.

Hidden
50 minutes ago, virusking said:

I would recommend to just move towards the use of Discord/TS3 calladmin which allows real-time notifications, as you can't really monitor shoutbox all the time. It is in use on CS:GO ZE and 1v1

Yea breach has that too. Easier to setup. We can make a calladmin channel in main discord for our admins to see if we really want to do it.

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

Posted  Edited by virusking · Hidden
Hidden
3 minutes ago, Kite9867 said:

Yea breach has that too. Easier to setup. We can make a calladmin channel in main discord for our admins to see if we really want to do it.

I think general calladmin could be setup in the main GFL Discord for the servers that don't have their own Discord/calladmin, the shoutbox one is pretty useless nowadays ever since everyone started using Discord

Edited by virusking

1 hour ago, virusking said:

I would recommend to just move towards the use of Discord/TS3 calladmin which allows real-time notifications, as you can't really monitor shoutbox all the time. It is in use on CS:GO ZE and 1v1

This is definitely something I would like implemented as well.

Thanks.

Hidden
3 hours ago, CrusherFTW said:

cant you just make a tab on the shoutbox that says "call admin" and only the GFLbot can write messages and nobody else....

that was the plan with nick 

STEAM 

76561198079961574.pngAddFriend.png