Ben

Dust2 FFA DeathMatch 24/7 suggestions

Posted  Edited by Booroyjam

Any suggestion, bug reports and others will be made in this thread.

Edited by Booroyjam

76561198043643390.png

Posted  Edited by Mad_Father

Here are my list of suggestions:

• Re-enable weapon_awp for the server, but to prevent the whole server from becoming AWP ONLY, we must limit how many can be used at a time.
  • Shorted the spawn protection timer from 5 seconds to like 2 or 1 second, 
  • Remove the limit to change team because I went to spec for afk then I cannot come back to either team
  • Make the spawn protection overlay optional because it messes with players view.
  • Will edit more when more things come to mind.
Edited by Mad_Father

PLACE HOLDER

Posted  Edited by Benroyjam
2 hours ago, Mad_Father said:
  • Re-enable weapon_awp for the server, but to prevent the whole server from becoming AWP ONLY, we must limit how many can be used at a time.
  • Shorted the spawn protection timer from 5 seconds to like 2 or 1 second, 
  • Remove the limit to change team because I went to spec for afk then I cannot come back to either team
  • Make the spawn protection overlay optional because it messes with players view.
  • Will edit more when more things come to mind.

Based on the color:

Red - not done

Orange - Looking into it/ongoing

Green - done

I will be looking into this tomorrow

Done.

It's not done because it's getting late and I'm getting sleepy. I'm going to be looking into this tomorrow as it is low priority at the moment

My main goal is to try and release the server by this weekend. But I don't really want to rush, so I'll be trying and see if I WILL be able to launch by this weekend.

Edited by Benroyjam

76561198043643390.png

Okay, I went ahead and made the changes

• Added AWP and restricted to 2 per team
  • Removed spawn fade
  • Team change unlimited should be working

Effective will be made on next map change.

76561198043643390.png

Far as I know, some of you wanted me to shorten the round time for the DeathMatch. 

The question is: How long do you want it to be?

1. 20
  2. 25
  3. 30
  4. 35
  5. 40
  6. 45

Not to mention - if I have time for tomorrow(I may have to go see a movie), there'll be another locked server testing coming up. Few things left, such as

• Adding HLx - Assist from Roy
  • Adding SMAC
  • Shorten the round time - by request by some of you guys.

I'm open for more guns to be added into the server - Just ask me. There have not been any works done so far this week.

76561198043643390.png

I don't see the point of shortening the round timer because weapons do NOT drop after a player is killed for the server to lag (over exaggerated but it gets the point across) and what does it accomplish even if we shorten the round timer? the map will still be reloaded anyway, unless the players are so eager to witness the new change to the server otherwise I see NO point in shortening the timer.

Even if I have to choose a new time, I would go for either 45 min or 30 min.

Edit:

As for new guns, I don't think we need new guns on the server because players are supposed to take this seriously and not running around with SMGs nor auto-snipers to destroy those who actually wants to get better at the game.

Edited by Mad_Father

PLACE HOLDER

1 minute ago, Mad_Father said:

I don't see the point of shortening the round timer because weapons do NOT drop after a player is killed for the server to lag (over exaggerated but it gets the point across) and what does it accomplish even if we shorten the round timer? the map will still be reloaded anyway, unless the players are so eager to witness the new change to the server otherwise I see NO point in shortening the timer.

Even if I have to choose a new time, I would go for either 45 min or 30 min.

Somebody suggested me that I do this, because most of the FFA DeathMatch servers doesn't go above 30 mins. As far I know, I've only set it to 1 hr because this is 24/7 Dust2, not some sort of rotation.

76561198043643390.png

1 minute ago, Dreae said:

Why even have a round timer on a 24/7 dust2 FFA DM?

To display winners with most kill.

Just now, Mad_Father said:

mp_ignore_round_win_conditions 1;

I tried this on my own test server by setting the mp_roundtime to 0.2 before - It reset back to 1:00. The point is, that it's not even a problem to have round timer with setting to 60 minutes. If anything, I'd rather to keep this way and change it later in the future.

76561198043643390.png

Just now, Benroyjam said:

To display winners with most kill.

Players can easily see who has the most kills by pressing tab, and the scores at the end of a round even as long as 20 minutes are not likely to be relevant as people will join and leave during the course of the round, kills effectively serves as a representation of who has been there the longest for that session. There's no point having a round timer on a DM server that will never change maps, it would only serve as an interruption to the game play. If you want to keep score HLStatsX/gameME is a much better bet, anyway

Dreae2.jpg

1 minute ago, Dreae said:

If you want to keep score HLStatsX/gameME is a much better bet, anyway

Already in the process. Map often restart when timer expires as usual, which I believe that it would help and keep server healthy, just like restart would.

76561198043643390.png

Should we add an option to add in the bots if there's only like 1 player on the server?

I propose this because sometimes I just to do a real DeathMatch and not a RPG DeathMatch to gain actual experience.

With the server locked from the public, I doubt many players will come and kill each other for training.

So can we have optional bots?

(ability to toggle bots, using some plugin cmds that's not rcon bot_quota since no one has the rcon_password)

Edited by Mad_Father

PLACE HOLDER

8 minutes ago, CrusTi said:

Increase Spawn Protection time by one sec, I saw a lot of problems with people going on death streaks. I went on a 21 death streak before I was able to even move out of my spawn point.

I set it to 5 second before. Spawn Protection had problem because you'd still kill someone while you're protected.

The spawn protection is still set to 2.0, though.

76561198043643390.png

Please disable weapn_hkp2000 because it is still broken, if the newer players found out p2k is broken then they will be likely to abuse it. and put it back up after it's fixed.

PLACE HOLDER

I have one suggestion.

• (S) Disable radio commands. Sometimes you can see a notification popup over a teammate's head (well, player on the same "team" as you) while they are using radio commands.

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, Roy said:

I have one suggestion.

• (S) Disable radio commands. Sometimes you can see a notification popup over a teammate's head (well, player on the same "team" as you) while they are using radio commands.

Thanks.

You can disable radio commands by typing ignorerad in console. Unless you're referring to something else?