Ben

Dust2 FFA DeathMatch 24/7 suggestions

15 minutes ago, Mad_Father said:

Please disable weapn_hkp2000 because it is still broken, if the newer players found out p2k is broken then they will be likely to abuse it. and put it back up after it's fixed.

I'm deaf, and I would need to have someone help me and solve the problem. Most likely I'm going to keep it for a bit while.

11 minutes ago, Roy said:

I have one suggestion.

• (S) Disable radio commands. Sometimes you can see a notification popup over a teammate's head (well, player on the same "team" as you) while they are using radio commands.

Thanks.

I've added blockradio.smx and should be effective on map change.

76561198043643390.png

My suggestion for everybody who cares and like the server: Invite your friends to the server, at least 4 people. This is when the players will end up joining, which result the population we had today(avg around 11-15 players). If this end up in some good way, perhaps the server may end up reaching to 1,000(if we ever break the barrier).

This is highly recommended, as of now I am idling and some players come and leave.

76561198043643390.png

As @MrManslayerX said, SMG and Shotguns are some of the suggestions from him, personally I would go against it since it's a rifle and pistol only dm (correct me if I am wrong). but if the Shotguns and SMGs were to be added into the server, I must say please exclude weapon_bizon and weapon_p90, if not it will defeat the purpose of FFA DM since they can just go on any RPG Surf DM from GFL to do that, as for FFA part on surf, good luck.

TL:DR If shotguns and SMGs are going to be added, exclude pp-bizon and p90.

PLACE HOLDER

8 hours ago, Mad_Father said:

As @MrManslayerX said, SMG and Shotguns are some of the suggestions from him, personally I would go against it since it's a rifle and pistol only dm (correct me if I am wrong). but if the Shotguns and SMGs were to be added into the server, I must say please exclude weapon_bizon and weapon_p90, if not it will defeat the purpose of FFA DM since they can just go on any RPG Surf DM from GFL to do that, as for FFA part on surf, good luck.

TL:DR If shotguns and SMGs are going to be added, exclude pp-bizon and p90.

I firmly believe this should be a skill based server so it should be rifles and pistols. The reason people come back to a FFA DM server is to practice and if smg and shotguns are added I feel it would more so attract a trolling type of crowd which will not stay around and you will lose the competitive players who will stick around who are trying to improve and or warmup. So I agree with you to a point.

Achievements

My view was that people can practice with SMGs as well, sure, sans the Bizon and P90, but you're going to be playing against SMGs. You ought to be able to practice in that situation as well.

Shotguns are unnecessary, there really isn't much practice to be had with shotguns. But the non-P90 and Bizon SMGs? My opinion is that they should be added.

Just now, rapperdan said:

Get GFL ads to display FFA DM server on all other GFL servers.

The server is still new - I'm going to wait for little bit before I put it in.

76561198043643390.png

@Benroyjam, it is fine that you want me to stay on FFA DM even if the server is empty, but what shall I do while waiting for random players to show up? shoot the walls? 

NO, of course not, here is my actual suggestion, (I probably won't word this correctly but as long as you get what I am trying to say) when 1 joins an empty server, keep that 1 player entertained with x bots since bots do appear on the server browser as players until enough players have joined the server to replace the bots so there will always be a minimum of x players or none on the server.

I might have to rewrite this to make it less confusing.

PLACE HOLDER

23 minutes ago, Mad_Father said:

@Benroyjam, it is fine that you want me to stay on FFA DM even if the server is empty, but what shall I do while waiting for random players to show up? shoot the walls? 

NO, of course not, here is my actual suggestion, (I probably won't word this correctly but as long as you get what I am trying to say) when 1 joins an empty server, keep that 1 player entertained with x bots since bots do appear on the server browser as players until enough players have joined the server to replace the bots so there will always be a minimum of x players or none on the server.

I might have to rewrite this to make it less confusing.

This is what I am doing. I have spoken to @Roy and @Ariistuujj about this, and for some weird reason, when there's enough players(Let's say, at least 6, including you), the bot wouldn't leave.

Either both of them will look into this, so I can't do anything about it until then.

76561198043643390.png

Posted  Edited by -SL

I don't know if it's been update yet or not, maybe someone can confirm.  Community casual used to be advertised on surf RPG csgo, at least on the US side.  That being said, FFA replaced community casual, we should update.

Update:
Checked server, it's still showing "Casual Competitive".

Edited by -SL

I've enabled bots and it's set for 4, and its mode is normal. I'm adding bots in, because I really have no choice, other than having to wait for Roy or Ariistuujj to fix it. If you have any issues about bots, let me know.

76561198043643390.png

13 hours ago, Mad_Father said:

Since the bots are staying here for a while, what are the chances of adding random heavy bots at low probability to the server?

This is a great idea I would play if something like this happens. Or a player vs bot thing occurred.

since showing bot difficulty next to the name of the bots is kinda useful so I am gonna go through a list on hidden console cmds to dig out more useful commands, no I am not putting flash light and enablebunnyhopping on the list:

bot_flipout 1                                                  //maybe the bots will stop camping?

hl2_episodic 1                                               //really?

mp_falldamage 1                                          //do we really need fall damage on ffa?

sv_bot_difficulty_kbm 200                       //bot difficulty starts at 200?

sv_show_bot_difficulty_in_name 1         //we already have this

I don't think we need other cmds like ai_ or sm_nomvp, do we?

If these do get approved (or some), either put those in srcds.exe as launch parameter as +bot_flipout 1 or put those in server.cfg as sm_cvar bot_flipout 1 because Valve doesn't let people input very advanced console cmds in console. ish

source:

http://pastebin.com/4qnQcS3g

PLACE HOLDER

17 minutes ago, Mad_Father said:

If these do get approved (or some), either put those in srcds.exe as launch parameter as +bot_flipout 1 or put those in server.cfg as sm_cvar bot_flipout 1 because Valve doesn't let people input very advanced console cmds in console. ish

I don't believe I have access to set launch in srcds.exe because I think they were used for managed panel. Although, do you mind telling me why these commands are useful and why I should use those?

76561198043643390.png

Just now, Benroyjam said:

I don't believe I have access to set launch in srcds.exe because I think they were used for managed panel. Although, do you mind telling me why these commands are useful and why I should use those?

I thought I already put in the reason as //. and plus you dont need access to srcds, server.cfg is tnouhg

PLACE HOLDER

1 minute ago, Mad_Father said:

I thought I already put in the reason as //. and plus you dont need access to srcds, server.cfg is tnouhg

Need to be more specific, but I'll look into it by adding these in server.cfg.

76561198043643390.png

Just now, Benroyjam said:

Need to be more specific, but I'll look into it by adding these in server.cfg.

mp_falldamage 1  \\\\ you dont get hurt from jumping from high elevation

bot_flipout 1   \\\\\\\\bots to walk randomly and yea

sv_show_bot_difficulty_in_name 1  this is self explanatory and you seen this already

sv_bot_difficulty_kbm 200  this value changes whenever someone kills a bot. why not start at higher value since it always starts at 0 as default

PLACE HOLDER

I was going to say disable Valve voting system on CS:GO, but that was already done after I was kicked and temp ban from the server lawl.

Anyway, during my time on the server today, I witnessed overpopulation, where players can get immediately killed off right after getting spawned in. If this problem continues, we "may" need a second server to avoid literal "spawn killing".

Proof:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=754647893

I also did hear about someone "floating" around to be hacking while I am on server, it is a shame that I couldn't deal with it because I was vote-kicked and there were too many players to check.

PLACE HOLDER

1 minute ago, Mad_Father said:

I was going to say disable Valve voting system on CS:GO, but that was already done after I was kicked and temp ban from the server lawl.

Anyway, during my time on the server today, I witnessed overpopulation, where players can get immediately killed off right after getting spawned in. If this problem continues, we "may" need a second server to avoid literal "spawn killing".

Proof:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=754647893

I also did hear about someone "floating" around to be hacking while I am on server, it is a shame that I couldn't deal with it because I was vote-kicked and there were too many players to check.

I think what we need is some spawn protection.

Achievements