_PJ

RTV not working as intended

After the recent changes to how and when maps are changed, the times that rtv is available have changed. I believe these changes are not intentional, since it removes important functionality and control from the players.

Here it is:
Currently, after a map vote is finished rtv gets disabled (unless extend or no change wins the vote).

Since it's not immediately apparent why this is an issue, I will give the specific example that occurred today that led me to making this post.
We were doing the final lazers on surf_vortex and had a good number of people alive and it was apparent we were going to win. We voted on a next map and immediately I saw a few people type 'rtv' in the chat. I typed it myself, and noticed it said rtv was not allowed. There were still 2 minutes left on the map though, and the map finished in only like 30 sec or so. Another round started and I was still unable to rtv.

I feel confident that this 'feature' of the new system is unintended; but if someone has a reason that it should be kept as-is, I'd be interested in hearing it.

Many times, I see zombies calling rtv so that humans can't win, I think this is a negative problem, it is also the cause of change. ( I guess so ) . I am perfectly fine with this change, if people do not want  to continue the map, they will stop defending and will be defeated by zombies, or the administrator can allow voting to slay. RTV to prevent humans victory is a negative problem need to be removed

10 minutes ago, vochihieu93 said:

Many times, I see zombies calling rtv so that humans can't win, I think this is a negative problem, it is also the cause of change. ( I guess so ) . I am perfectly fine with this change, if people do not want  to continue the map, they will stop defending and will be defeated by zombies, or the administrator can allow voting to slay. RTV to prevent humans victory is a negative problem need to be removed

If an admin is on an admin can cancel an rtv thats designed to stop the cts from winning.

Sounds like the cvar sm_rtv_postvotereaction is set to 1 - Deny to prevent RTVs after map vote has been completed.

AttemptRTV(client)
{
	if (!g_RTVAllowed  || (GetConVarInt(g_Cvar_RTVPostVoteAction) == 1 && HasEndOfMapVoteFinished()))
	{
		CReplyToCommand(client, "[SM] %t", "RTV Not Allowed");
		return;
}

// What to do with RTV's after a mapvote has completed. 0 - Allow, success = instant change, 1 - Deny
// -
// Default: "0"
// Minimum: "0.000000"
// Maximum: "1.000000"
sm_rtv_postvoteaction "1"

We'll keep an eye out and look into it. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. 

Just FYI for people who haven't been updated yet; our RTV system has now changed from instant mapchange to after round change. 

>>Changelog<<

As usual people are coming in here posting without reading what I said.
I am just talking about what I still believe to be a bug, and VirusKing seems to have pinpointed the cause.

Thanks to everyone who actually responded to what I said.

17 hours ago, EnickTheDemon said:

That has never happened

So?

I'm saying if it is an issue an admin can cancel the vote.

14 hours ago, _PJ said:

As usual people are coming in here posting without reading what I said.
I am just talking about what I still believe to be a bug, and VirusKing seems to have pinpointed the cause.

Thanks to everyone who actually responded to what I said.

Yeah @Malal is such an idiot. Why can't he just keep things relevant to the original post instead of trying to derail the thread and cause pointless arguments?