Roy

Website's New Theme

De Poll  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new theme?

• I like it.
    • I would prefer a different color scheme.
    • I don't like it.

Hey everyone,

A few weeks ago, I purchased and customized a new theme for GFL. I purchased this theme with my own money. I was planning to make the theme default once it was finished since it is better supported and wouldn't need as many changes with upcoming IPS 4 updates. The theme is called "GFLv3 Main".

You can use this theme now by going to the bottom of the website (the footer), clicking the "Theme" drop-down, and selecting "GFLv3 Main".

One

h0KAZH7iY0.png

Two

ebAu0xGeBH.png

This theme is mostly complete. However, I understand that the slideshow still needs adjusting (better content and background images). With that said, there are some other CSS changes that need to be made (e.g. the color selection within the text editor looking bad). The current slides on the slideshow are placeholders!

I also plan to make another theme that is less purple and more blueish/cyan.

I just wanted other people's thoughts about this. So far, I've heard mostly positive feedback regarding this theme. I understand it would take some getting used to and some might not like the current color scheme. However, apart from that, do you like it?

Thank you!

Also, users will be able to use the old theme (the current) when this change goes into place. However, it will NOT be supported for the most part. Unless if somebody wants to fix it or w/e.

Thanks.

Hidden

Change the color to something like the old one. Or maybe something that isn't too dark like this new theme we have going. Purple is a bit too much don't you think?

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

5 minutes ago, VilhjalmrF said:

Change the color to something like the old one. Or maybe something that isn't too dark like this new theme we have going. Purple is a bit too much don't you think?

To be honest with you, I adjusted the theme while my Windows Night Light was activated, lmao. So it didn't even look purple to me, it looked more gray/blue. Some people like the purple though.

I plan to make another version with a different color scheme that's similar to the old.

Thanks!

Hidden
1 minute ago, Roy said:

To be honest with you, I adjusted the theme while my Windows Night Light was activated. So it didn't even look purple to me, it looked more gray/blue. Some people like the purple though.

I plan to make another version with a different color scheme that's similar to the old.

Thanks!

Don't get me wrong, I like the purple. I just don't see it working along with the theme GFL already has or with the banner.

image.thumb.png.c6fbb451c324774ccf7a205e805bb497.png

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

3 minutes ago, VilhjalmrF said:

Don't get me wrong, I like the purple. I just don't see it working along with the theme GFL already has or with the banner.

image.thumb.png.c6fbb451c324774ccf7a205e805bb497.png

Agreed, I'll work to make a new one with a different color scheme this weekend more than likely.

Thanks.

Hidden
2 minutes ago, Mejilla said:

I love the new theme style itself, but my favorite version of it has to be the one @Ben put together, which is the discord color inspired one. Sure some improvements can be made regarding certain things of it, but it’s better looking in my opinion. 

Credit to @Liloz01 for working on it as well. 

I personally don't believe the theme I worked on will be official or used again, as majority of it needs to be improved. Like for example, where the fuck did that navbar go lol. On side note, I used almost of work on the theme through the editor, some through the CSS file. 

76561198043643390.png

Hidden

There should be unread indicators on section names (bold text on the current theme). The main way I browse the forums is by looking at unread notifications for sections I care about, and the new theme completely breaks that work flow.

Hidden

image.pngNever touching another XML document in my life after all these themes and their fuckery, I personally will remain on Dark GFL due to familiarity but I'm sure people will enjoy the options we now have.

sacrificial themes, lol

Contact me here or on Discord @Liloz01#9857

For help with anything Forum related: