Reverb

Smash Bros Ultimate Tournament!

Posted  Edited by Lemillion

Super Smash Bros Tournament

super-smash-bros-letter.thumb.jpg.f5233b5547d78b2814ad19b7668562c4.jpg

Hello Everyone! I will be hosting a Super Smash Brothers Ultimate Tournament on the Nintendo switch. This tournament will hold a total of 8 players and will take place this Thursday the 23rd at 6:00 PM EST. Anyone is welcome to participate, Just remember to have fun. 

Rules: 

• Mild Trash talk is allowed. 
  • No Racism, Homophobia or any kind of harassment, this will not be tolerated. 
  • Use Common sense.
  • Must be in the Main Gfl discord, event room. 

Information:

Date: July 23rd 

Time: 6:00pm Est 

Mode: Standard 3 Stock 5 minutes. 

Map: Maps will vary but they will all be set to battlefield layout. 

Region: NA

Discord: Please join here - https://discord.gg/MnPD6BG 

Prize: 1st Place will receive a badge as well as 30 days of the VIP role

2nd: Will receive 30 day Supporter role. 

3rd: If the players who lost in the semi finals wish to battle for 3rd place they may and the player who wins that battle will also receive the 30 day supporter role. 

How to sign up: 

The first 8 people to respond to this Post saying they would like to be registered will be participating. If 8 people already signed up I encourage still signing up as some players may not make it and a slot may open up first to the 9th person to sign up and so on. 

Winners badge. 

EVENT.png.2339c3f6671a929476d5b5e21c4f6aa6.png

Goodluck!

Edited by Lemillion

image0.png?width=226&height=375

Achievements

Sounds like fun. I'm in.

𝓚𝓪𝓲𝓽𝓼𝓮𝓭𝓭

Qualified gamer and professional moron

Admin on Breach (loony bin)

Achievements

1 hour ago, Xy's secretary said:

can I play if I am not in the discord?

no sadly, The chat is used for vital communication so I can easily organize everyone and help people if there facing issues. 

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Joshy

Just want to note that I cannot attend the event because it is in the middle of the day during a work day although I guess it'll be super late for the EU players 😐 aside from that: Great idea.  I hope it turns well.

I wouldn't be available any sooner than 8 pm EST if I'm lucky.

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

I'm not participating, but damn that badge is fire as fuck

Director of Divisions and Physion Unturned Division Leader

amongus_AdobeExpress.gif

xQc on GFL Surf 7/16/22

8 hours ago, Shuruia said:

Will this be streamed? I don't have SSBU but I love watching the matches since I played all of the previous Smash games.

I was looking into it and under the impression it can be streamed, But after searching you need to buy a $100+ device to stream which will make it impossible atm, My apologies. 

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Joshy
On 7/14/2020 at 12:07 PM, Lemillion said:

I was looking into it and under the impression it can be streamed, But after searching you need to buy a $100+ device to stream which will make it impossible atm, My apologies. 

Would only one person would to stream it, right?  I'm not sure (I don't know how it all works).  If it is, then maybe GFL can take the hit and have it sent to a staff member who might be participating?  I would imagine the item can be reused for many future events and $100 ish dollars isn't considered much for an organization.

Edited by Joshy

2 minutes ago, Joshy said:

Would only one person would to stream it, right?  I'm not sure (I don't know how it all works).  If it is, then maybe GFL can take the hit and have it sent to a staff member who might be participating?

Honestly, Im a little new to the whole concept of Nintendo switch streaming as well. I learned you need a capture card in order to steam which does cost some $$$. Only one person would need one since there is built in spectating in the game. Although Im not sure if Gfl would want to send one to a staff member mainly because We dont know how popular switch events will be and it is a decent cost. 

Achievements

2 minutes ago, Lemillion said:

Honestly, Im a little new to the whole concept of Nintendo switch streaming as well. I learned you need a capture card in order to steam which does cost some $$$. Only one person would need one since there is built in spectating in the game. Although Im not sure if Gfl would want to send one to a staff member mainly because We dont know how popular switch events will be and it is a decent cost. 

Send a PM to someone like Ben or maybe Ben and a few people to see if it might possible?  It couldn't hurt to ask.  It doesn't seem terribly far-fetched that it could happen.

It's true there is a risk the event might not be very successful or may need more work.  Investing into it might help or at least be a stepping stone for future successful events after some tweaking.  Streaming the event can be justified as a type of advertisement; it might simply improve community morale or enjoyment, or have other indirect benefits.  I don't think every financial decision has to necessarily be profitable-- thinking too directly is not always the best move.