Rosalina ♥

GMod TTT MC Rotation

Are you interested?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Would you, if given the chance, play a GMod TTT MC Rotation server?

• Yes
    • No

Lately, GMod TTT MC 24/7 has become rotational, which has caused a massive divide in the community.

One one side - People love the change, the break from monotony and bigger maps means people are more free to develop new tactics and leave the player with a fresh experience. A relaxed experience that breaks the norms formed by MC 24/7 and creates new ways to play.

On the other - People loved the old MC and what it was: A small map with many strategies that have developed. A map they know in and out, a map with memories upon memories, a map where they could play and just converse and enjoy people's company. MC 24/7 has always been a pillar, an unchanging server without massive change, so that even if you took a long break, when you came back you'd know what you were going to get.

I have considered this solution - A separate TTT server: GMod TTT MC Rotation

I know we just got 2 more GMod TTT servers (and a CS:GO TTT Server) but I feel this is an important addition

The splendor and attraction of MC TTT servers is evident, and I'd love to capture that fleeting feeling in a new server. There's a growing majority of people who absolutely love the concept we've developed by making MC Rotational. That being said, many regulars have bailed, as this meant MC strayed from it's original purpose.

This server would be fundamentally indifferent to MC 24/7 - Very similar rule-set, weapons, maps, and style of moderation

Now I do need to address the elephant in the room - the flopped MC Rotation server.

I know it happened. I know it failed. But there's something that makes it different this time: Players have gotten a very good taste of this new style, and some seem hungry for more.

The motivation and advertising for this server has already begun, it's up to us to actually use it.

I know it's not without it's flaws.

Maps need optimized - a task that can be completed by me and several others

The server needs advertising to stay afloat - something I'm well versed in

We need someone to keep the problems at bay and fix the bugs in maps and in weapons - another thing I, and many others, are fluent in doing

I've seen the interest, I've seen the want, and I feel that they can come into fruition

Thank you for your time and consideration

RosaSignature1.thumb.png.b6809595ab04786c0ec6f011b9d1f862.png

Posted  Edited by reme leader 049 - Edit Reason: Clarified that I was talking about rotation
4 hours ago, Jesse Is Jiving said:

Now I do need to address the elephant in the room - the flopped MC Rotation server.

I know it happened. I know it failed. But there's something that makes it different this time: Players have gotten a very good taste of this new style, and some seem hungry for more.

The motivation and advertising for this server has already begun, it's up to us to actually use it.

Not really, if we're thinking of the same server. People just wanted to see new maps which is kinda why rotation is just rotation now. It still had decent pop though.

Edited by reme leader 049
Clarified that I was talking about rotation

I think if theres a main question here that should have a poll should be, Should TTT 1 Stay as Mc rotation or go back to MC?Having mc 24/7 and Mc rotation just sounds like a whole load of a trouble. And like spazzin said, Mc rot isdead and would have a harder chance now competing with 4 other Gfl  ttt servers.

image0.png?width=226&height=375

Achievements

17 minutes ago, Spazzin said:

We already had a TTT MC rotation server. It was shit and died. 

1 minute ago, Reverb said:

I think if theres a main question here that should have a poll should be, Should TTT 1 Stay as Mc rotation or go back to MC?Having mc 24/7 and Mc rotation just sounds like a whole load of a trouble. And like spazzin said, Mc rot isdead and would have a harder chance now competing with 4 other Gfl  ttt servers.

TTT Rotation was once exclusively to Minecraft maps before it was changed to feature non-Minecraft maps in its rotation. It was actually doing well, too. I think it'll do well with right management and direction if Minecraft Rotation server was picked up.

---

I currently don't have any opinions on this - wanted to comment this.

76561198043643390.png

10 minutes ago, Ben said:

TTT Rotation was once exclusively to Minecraft maps before it was changed to feature non-Minecraft maps in its rotation. It was actually doing well, too. I think it'll do well with right management and direction if Minecraft Rotation server was picked up.

Probably, but it wasn't getting the number of players that 24/7 was getting. Plus there's already 3 other rotation servers. Would seem like TTT overkill just adding another rotation server.

8 minutes ago, Spazzin said:

Probably, but it wasn't getting the number of players that 24/7 was getting. Plus there's already 3 other rotation servers. Would seem like TTT overkill just adding another rotation server.

Fair point, but I think in near future, there may be more TTT servers. Right now? I agree that it's overkill since those servers have recently been released. 

76561198043643390.png

It might just be me, but I think adding another mc map, especially a rotation map will either a. Take players away from mc 24/7 b. Take players from rot c. It’s gonna die bc we have a rot and an mc server

Posted  Edited by Edge
6 minutes ago, PapiJesu said:

It might just be me, but I think adding another mc map, especially a rotation map will either a. Take players away from mc 24/7 b. Take players from rot c. It’s gonna die bc we have a rot and an mc server

It's a fair concern but look at TTT Vanilla. Right now TTT MC, TTT Vanilla, and TTT Rotation all have 30+ players.  You would think that TTT Vanilla would have hurt TTT Rotation, but they both seem to be doing well. I think it's possible to expand to 4 populated servers given that TTT has a large player base and each server covers different niches. I don't think it hurts to try. Definitely should close down TTT Anarchy though to avoid having too many servers at once. Maybe Loke and Xy can manage a TTT MC Rotation? :)

Edited by Edge

Achievements

2 minutes ago, Edge said:

It's a fair concern but look at TTT Vanilla. Right now TTT MC, TTT Vanilla, and TTT Rotation all have 30+ players.  You would think that TTT Vanilla would have hurt TTT Rotation, but they both seem to be doing well. 

Fair enough, I retract my statement

1 hour ago, Jerry Hat Trick said:

With the demise of Moat & its huge number of TTT servers, that leaves a rather large gap in the TTT community.

I would argue that adding another TTT server would be beneficial, for that reason alone.

I'm pretty sure that people have noted the influx of Moat players.

I sure did, as I usually have to IP connect to TTT MC nowadays.

Yes, keeping in mind the MOAT blacklisting is important. 
Due to MOAT getting blacklisted, a new server would be very likely to survive.
And while I like Anarchy, as others have pointed out, it isn't doing very well. Most likely because people don't like the idea of relaxed rules, they like not getting killed for no reason.
An mc rotation server would be much more likely to be successful than Anarchy.
It may put a slight dent in population of mc b5, but Vanilla did that to Rot when it started and Rot got it's playerbase back after about a week.
So, if having 5 TTT servers would be overkill, replace a not doing so well server with a server that's more likely to succeed.
why I think an MC ROT server would do better than Anarchy:

• People don't like the idea of relaxed rules, they want a good play time and "relaxed rules" translates to trolls in their brains.
  • Rotation servers are standard TTT servers, and people like MC maps.
  • Many people when they first joined MC 24/7 before the update bringing more maps wanted the maps to rotate, because that's what they are used to.
  • Many people of our community like the current rotating maps in MC currently. (while many also liked the solo map MC

But, in my opinon 5 servers wouldn't be overkill. Moat had like 25 servers, and it's gone now, leaving a lot of space for new servers. Of course, too many servers would be bad, but a 5th one would be fine.
However, I haven't actually been on the server since the new maps were added, so I don't know how it is on there.

1023626940_forumsignature.thumb.png.6378b8a403e329b9a4bf21267af67896.png
Made by @Clavers

Idk too much about what's going on with MC but here's my personal 2 cents:

MC 24/7 is same map MC TTT

Rotation is some maps vanilla, some maps MC

Vanilla is full maps vanilla

Anarchy is anarchy? idk

So I guess probably no don't add a Rotational MC server, just join Rotation! 😄

I've never tried it before but it realy seems that those TTT servers are quite interesting and amazing because people actually quit GFL because of it changing.

I did some research on it and it can be realy adictive.

I hope you guys figure it out and get things right make up your minds. Because for me it seems TTT servers are not ready to play since people are on 2 edges and I'm sure that another change is coming.

Until you guys fix it I'll just play on servers that are ready to play.

Smrize

Posted  Edited by Bae

Isn't the server already on map rotation? So presuming this thread is old. But if you're talking about a separate server, we've done it before. Rotation was the MC Rotation server but it got revamped to other maps Rotation instead. I do love Minecraft maps but they don't necessarily get many players or at least from all the experience I witnessed from this community or another community. Like how others explained it, the reasons how other community that uses Minecraft maps are populated is because most of them are idle clients or basically bots, they're not actual players. They show up on the server list but when you actually connect to the server, it's actually only like 10 ish players instead of it showing maxed players.

Edited by Bae

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements