Im_not_ninja

About the Emote System

Bringing Back the Old GFL Emote System  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Can We Bring Back The Old Emote System?

• Yes I liked things they were in the old days.
    • No because people too afraid to accept the negative reactions that we receive.
    • Keep the "Winner, Thanks, Poggies", and other positive emotes, but not the negative ones.

Hey, I'm going to move this one to the suggestions to see if it can catch more attention.

I personally felt removing the emotes were a little rushed (here's the thread), but not sure what of discussions and support it had behind the scenes maybe it was part of the plan all along.  A lot of mixed feelings and would love to meet in the gray area so that we can try our best to make everyone happy.

Something I would like to do it that I feel like forums doesn't have enough fling for supporters and VIP.  I think it could make a nice feature for supporters/VIP if they could have 1-2 more (positive) reactions compared to typical players.  I think like by itself is good enough just a basic feature; not every forum even has reactions at all so I think people are getting more than enough to say something.  I feel like all reactions should affect reputation too.

I've also heard that we now have a limit on the number of positive reactions.  I don't know that number.  I think as another nice gesture to re-adding the emotes should it be possible for groups is make it number of reactions per so that it increases the number of things they can like should they want to take advantage of that... leaving it off of supporter/VIP reduces the chance that someone will abuse the reps because money is involved.

Negative reactions I've seen mixed feelings at so many different communities.  Generally...  removing (potentially) negative reactions largely benefit the community because people would take subtle jabs at each other that would be hard for outsiders to understand... before you know it people are blowing up at each other, and it looks like it came out of nowhere.  I think they would only be acceptable on applications as a type of +1 or -1, but worry that too many people would get lazy and make their +1 or -1 without saying anything.  For that reason: I would say no negative reactions.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Posted  Edited by Im_not_ninja

For example, Skrt's ban appeal had 12 Omegaluls on his post because of his negative attitude in ZE. If people can't accept these reactions, they gotta learn how to suck them up. and be men for once. It's not like 10-20 negative reactions can hurt your reputation or what not. Also, the winner Emote should not have been removed in the first place because how can I mark the winner in a thread here? 

Edited by Im_not_ninja

200.gif

50 minutes ago, Joshy said:

Hey, I'm going to move this one to the suggestions to see if it can catch more attention.

I personally felt removing the emotes were a little rushed (here's the thread), but not sure what of discussions and support it had behind the scenes maybe it was part of the plan all along.  A lot of mixed feelings and would love to meet in the gray area so that we can try our best to make everyone happy.

Something I would like to do it that I feel like forums doesn't have enough fling for supporters and VIP.  I think it could make a nice feature for supporters/VIP if they could have 1-2 more (positive) reactions compared to typical players.  I think like by itself is good enough just a basic feature; not every forum even has reactions at all so I think people are getting more than enough to say something.  I feel like all reactions should affect reputation too.

I've also heard that we now have a limit on the number of positive reactions.  I don't know that number.  I think as another nice gesture to re-adding the emotes should it be possible for groups is make it number of reactions per so that it increases the number of things they can like should they want to take advantage of that... leaving it off of supporter/VIP reduces the chance that someone will abuse the reps because money is involved.

Negative reactions I've seen mixed feelings at so many different communities.  Generally...  removing (potentially) negative reactions largely benefit the community because people would take subtle jabs at each other that would be hard for outsiders to understand... before you know it people are blowing up at each other, and it looks like it came out of nowhere.  I think they would only be acceptable on applications as a type of +1 or -1, but worry that too many people would get lazy and make their +1 or -1 without saying anything.  For that reason: I would say no negative reactions.

You got it.

200.gif

Posted  Edited by Blazing Arson (with no #s)

Just saying that your suggestion would probably be more well-received without the instigating language in the no option. Though I do believe the removal of the reactions was a bit rushed as said above by Joshy.

Edited by Blazing Arson (with no #s)

1023626940_forumsignature.thumb.png.6378b8a403e329b9a4bf21267af67896.png
Made by @Clavers

Please refer to:

16 hours ago, Im_not_ninja said:

they gotta learn how to suck them up. and be men for once

No negative reactions, that's just not going to happen, you can cherry-pick times when someone got omegalul'd and you felt like they deserved it or they were fine with it. Those cherry-picked examples don't matter; you shouldn't be making people feel bad like that regardless of if you think they're a "not a man", "deserved it" and/or "need to suck it up". That's just you justifying toxicity. Grow up.

If you have any other reaction to suggest, please do so but you have to give a good reason why and the actual reaction or I'll just reject it. 

16 hours ago, Joshy said:

I also like the idea of giving certain groups certain reactions, though that is not supported by IPS nor can I find a plugin that would allow that. Something custom would have to be made, and I just don't have the time currently. There's also the following from the thread linked above:

On 10/19/2020 at 8:18 PM, Liloz01 said:

I'm not too against adding this (a "sad" reaction) to specific subforums, e.g. the resignations forum, perhaps announcements? at that point it just doesn't seem worth it, though.

Unfortunately, that isn't very easy to implement either. I don't want to hardcode shit like this as I won't be here forever.

Thanks.

Edit: I recommend making seperate threads for actual reaction suggestions. One per thread. Keep in mind, I pretty much already said no to all of the previous reactions coming back on the thread linked above. They sucked.

Contact me here or on Discord @Liloz01#9857

For help with anything Forum related: 

I didn't know someone posted that topic 1st before I did because I hardly read the general forums than the ZE forums here. I'm also sorry for bringing the negative emotes part. I should've not done that before.

200.gif