BadD

BadD's HNS Mute/Ban Appeal

Steam Name(s): BadD

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:69847853

Admin that banned you: Spooky

What kind of punishment was it (mute/gag, server ban): server ban

Why should you be unbanned?

Idk there's not much to say except that I took this joke a little bit too far and I'm sorry for that also I know that someone will say that this appeal is shit but there's not that much to say other that nobody bothered to ban me for 2-3months

I ❤️ Bricolage

GrapesForLife.png.605b531e3a2fe0fd962f8918ace71bb6.png

Posted  Edited by KryptekBlu3

I’m no longer an admin, but I think BadD should be unbanned. He was just making a joke and a player overreacted and took it way too seriously. I didn’t see why he was banned in the first place personally. I have no say in this but that is my opinion. He also has been banned for quite a long time*

Edited by KryptekBlu3

Posted  Edited by BrotherWolf

Okay, here we go.

I’m gonna put my verdict first and that’s a neutral.

This is purely for the fact that this is your second pban and we’ve caught you alting about 2-3 months into your ban. I also don’t like that a few staff knew that you weren’t banned and didn’t let anyone know, which (for me) implies that either they covered for you or they helped you ban evade with [portal]Sonicium account.  Other than that, I don’t see a whole lot that you’ve done wrong. I’ve also heard that on that Sonicium alt, you gave a couple people scripts for bhop on a sandbox or a test server, which I also don’t like because now I know that you know how to script. You’ve been one that has pushed buttons in the past (which resulted in your 1st and 2nd pbans for *slightly* different reasons), so why should I trust that you won’t script?

Here are the people I’d like to hear from before I make a more informed decision:

@FrankAL (other senior), @Rennadai (our manager who I want input from considering your profile), @Booster (we had a long talk before deciding whether your offense should be a pban), @mbs (same thing as booster) @KryptekBlu3 (already responded, but was pretty involved and I think has some good input), and @Dragoon (who was the one that exposed the incident of staff not reporting that you were banned)

Edited by BrotherWolf

-Brotherwolf

4 minutes ago, BrotherWolf said:

I also don’t like that a few staff knew that you weren’t banned and didn’t let anyone know, which (for me) implies that either they covered for you or they helped you ban evade with [portal]Sonicium account.

they just disagreed but i'm surprised dragoon didn't do anything even tho he was one of the more serious admins and i wouldn't really call it ban evading because i wasn't banned and when spooky finally banned me i was on my main other than that i want to know why my alts were never banned 

7 minutes ago, BrotherWolf said:

I’ve also heard that on that Sonicium alt, you gave a couple people scripts for bhop on a sandbox or a test serve

i use them for testing maps so it won't be that slow while playing like normal and not nocliping around 

8 minutes ago, BrotherWolf said:

which I also don’t like because now I know that you know how to script.

even if i would rather to get good than cheat and pretend to be good while being shit

I ❤️ Bricolage

22 minutes ago, BrotherWolf said:

Okay, here we go.

I’m gonna put my verdict first and that’s a neutral.

This is purely for the fact that this is your second pban and we’ve caught you alting about 2-3 months into your ban. I also don’t like that a few staff knew that you weren’t banned and didn’t let anyone know, which (for me) implies that either they covered for you or they helped you ban evade with [portal]Sonicium account.  Other than that, I don’t see a whole lot that you’ve done wrong. I’ve also heard that on that Sonicium alt, you gave a couple people scripts for bhop on a sandbox or a test server, which I also don’t like because now I know that you know how to script. You’ve been one that has pushed buttons in the past (which resulted in your 1st and 2nd pbans for *slightly* different reasons), so why should I trust that you won’t script?

Here are the people I’d like to hear from before I make a more informed decision:

@FrankAL (other senior), @Rennadai (our manager who I want input from considering your profile), @Booster (we had a long talk before deciding whether your offense should be a pban), @mbs (same thing as booster) @KryptekBlu3 (already responded, but was pretty involved and I think has some good input), and @Dragoon (who was the one that exposed the incident of staff not reporting that you were banned)

I will say the negative thing was making the prank into racism. That is my only negative input on the situation. He has been banned long enough and has learned his lesson imo.

I guess my thoughts are that under the condition you come back you stop that conduct even as a joke. If you are going to use someone else's name I would at least require that you have evidence from them that they consented to you doing that type of stuff, and under that condition i'd be fine with you coming back, though my verdict is more or less a nuetral leading towards acceptable.

Posted  Edited by Dragoon

Two Things:

1: Since there was Demotion involved as a result of what happened, this may be taken to @Pyros as an issue of the whole Server V.S. Community(-ish) Bans talked about at a previous Council Meeting. I don't really know which.
2: From what I've heard, that situation was allegedly being looked into independently of when I told Wuffy/Rennadai, so if that's true, my opinion wouldn't really matter. However, if I am wrong, I will give my own thoughts. Otherwise, I don't really think that I am in any position or right (It'd be wrong of me) to do so.

Edited by Dragoon

[Signature]

Achievements

49 minutes ago, Dragoon said:

Bans talked about at a previous Council Meeting.

Don't recall we ever talking about bans at meetings besides maybe one or two that were global bans (discord, server and forums).

76561198048327544.png

@Ash-'s opinion on gmod: 

4smalUvk.png
image.png.c3ced03940ca3f9bff0b8c6b1b425d4f.png

On 1/1/2021 at 3:25 PM, BadD said:

they just disagreed but i'm surprised dragoon didn't do anything even tho he was one of the more serious admins

Disagreeing with the ban doesn't give people the authority to just let people go, and Dragoon was the one who exposed the situation to me and Rennadai, but I get your point, he did help you ban evade.

i wouldn't really call it ban evading because i wasn't banned

Bottom line is you were meant to be banned and people still helped you play with an alt. You knew you were supposed to be banned and still went on with an alt.

i want to know why my alts were never banned 

So you're saying you've had multiple alts? We only caught one but if you had more than 1, I'm even less inclined to unban you now.

even if i would rather to get good than cheat and pretend to be good while being shit

Not my point. My point is that I know that you know how to script, and that's it. Plus, the main reason why you got banned was that you impersonated people using a script

I know you've been banned for a while, but those quotes worry me. I'd be more lenient if this was your first pban, but you're appealing your second pban, so I'm not sure how much you've learned, as you said you would be better after your first pban, and look what happened. 

23 hours ago, Dragoon said:

From what I've heard, that situation was allegedly being looked into independently of when I told Wuffy/Rennadai, so if that's true, my opinion wouldn't really matter.

The situation was being looked into independently by a few of the admins (me, Mbs, and Booster primarily if I remember correctly), but I merely wanted your opinion because you were the one that exposed the whole situation and you've had to deal with BadD more than anyone here, staff or non-staff.

I still want a response from Mbs, Booster, and Rennadai (btw, if any non-staff person that I didn't name in opinions I wanted, I won't take them into consideration) before I do anything, however, because of the quotes above (which is really concerning to me) and your history, I'm more leaning towards a no but this can change when I get more responses.

I'll also try and get together with Frank and Renn at some point so we can talk about this in a vc after a certain amount of time and/or after a certain number of replies.

-Brotherwolf

Posted  Edited by BadD

Disagreeing with the ban doesn't give people the authority to just let people go

it's not like it happened 1st time other admins were not doing anything about other alts like taco and nblock or frank and toothpick but i think i was the only one where staff actually forgot to ban someone

Bottom line is you were meant to be banned and people still helped you play with an alt. You knew you were supposed to be banned and still went on with an alt.

I bet they would sell me out if I would start doing anything bad and  I know I was supposed to be banned but at soma point I just  gave up and  started playing on main

So you're saying you've had multiple alts? We only caught one but if you had more than 1, I'm even less inclined to unban you now.

not really it was same alt with changed name because again nobody did anything 

Not my point. My point is that I know that you know how to script, and that's it. Plus, the main reason why you got banned was that you impersonated people using a script

that didn't give any advantage over speeding up thing I could do without it and I also had one for bounty rounds it also i don't know how to run script on server without it being allowed

I know you've been banned for a while, but those quotes worry me. I'd be more lenient if this was your first pban, but you're appealing your second pban, so I'm not sure how much you've learned, as you said you would be better after your first pban, and look what happened. 

wasn't i better? not my fault no mater what you're always against me and assume worst would happen

image.png.8d9bd979b78c07c33d829631afed6924.png

also I could continue alting after someone finally decided to ban me but I decided not to

Edited by BadD

I ❤️ Bricolage

18 minutes ago, BadD said:

not really it was same alt with changed name because again nobody did anything 

Oh yeah, I forget to mention one detail. You had Sonicium in HnS and Shinu in Half Life Co-Op. I actually know for a fact you had more than 1 alt. Maybe you didn't play with Shinu on HnS, but if you're saying you had 1 alt (which it seems to me that you are), you're lying. Plus, it doesn't matter what you used on other servers vs this one bc bans are global.

25 minutes ago, BadD said:

wasn't i better? not my fault no mater what you're always against me and assume worst would happen

Ah this attack, love it. I won't deny that our history is a terrible one, especially in comparison with others in the community. A couple things I want to point out though: (1) I gave you a neutral and am still waiting on other's opinions, if I wanted to just go against you no matter what, I would've already denied this appeal. (2) You've been permabanned twice (and both were deserved imo). You were better for a few months (especially in comparison to mid-late 2019) and then you went back to being really trolly and impersonated people with a script, which should've been an obvious no-no, considering you were banned the first time for impersonation/harassment/advocating rulebreaking if I remember correctly. (3) If you want to bring up your history, let's take a look at your awarns (which don't exist anymore but I still remember what they were). I'm pretty sure you ended up with 9 or 10 warns, 7 of them being from me and most off reports (when an admin wasn't on). You've had 2 permabans due to VERY similar reasons. You've had a 12 hour ban for trolling. Sure, you've made friends with many people and almost everyone has a better history than you an I, but that's no excuse for all those warnings. (4) If you want to look at suggestions where I've been against you most of the time, most of your suggestions have been either memes or they've been absolutely terrible suggestions (I remember you saying that we should remove tagging, just to give an example). I'll listen to anyone if they have a suggestion that I think is reasonable. Just because I'm giving criticism doesn't mean I'm doing it just because it's you, even though we do have a bad history. (I'll give an example of how to work things out. Everybody knows I have a terrible history with De_throne and I wasn't that happy at his unban, but he hasn't messed with me and I haven't messed with him. Sure, we almost never talk, but our relationship has gotten a little better and I have listened to what he's said and now am actually able to have a talk with him and agree with some things he's said). I won't deny that we've disagreed on a lot and we've had our fair share of arguments, but from what I see, your argument is not true, and it's a very immature way of thinking. From what I see, you think that my criticism is just harassment to you, which I think is complete nonsense.

-Brotherwolf

Posted  Edited by BadD - Edit Reason: why does it work like this i remember removing quote after i couldn't quote it in edit with quote sellection ? added thing to beginning

Oh yeah, I forget to mention one detail. You had Sonicium in HnS and Shinu in Half Life Co-Op. I actually know for a fact you had more than 1 alt. Maybe you didn't play with Shinu on HnS, but if you're saying you had 1 alt (which it seems to me that you are), you're lying. Plus, it doesn't matter what you used on other servers vs this one bc bans are global.

Well i just suck at writing longer things what i meant to said is that i only was alting until i got finally banned and i dont think it matters how many alts i had even if it would be 1000 until i get actually banned on 1 of them

I'm not saying that all you did was attack me just that there were situations where you just assumed worst would happen

7 hours ago, BrotherWolf said:

You were better for a few months (especially in comparison to mid-late 2019) and then you went back to being really trolly and impersonated people with a script, which should've been an obvious no-no, considering you were banned the first time for impersonation/harassment/advocating rulebreaking

you've seen me do it and most of time you decided to be quiet instead of trying to talk about it 

image.png.d449cf501d7afea9d70da001d4a3fae6.png

scourge sent me this and by looking at end I assume it was you and if it is no I don't hate you I disagree with you in some things but that's it and again if it's you, you assumed that "I would get you in trouble"

and i didn't impersonate anyone first time I was banned 

You've had a 12 hour ban for trolling

yes but i never did what this ban was for

If you want to look at suggestions where I've been against you most of the time, most of your suggestions have been either memes or they've been absolutely terrible suggestions (I remember you saying that we should remove tagging, just to give an example).

all of the terrible suggestions were memes like that suggestion where i suggested replacing hns with prop hunt because of this guy/girl idk suggested to remove bhopping and while i agree that bhopping may make newer people leave i think removing it is too much also when i talked about command for seekers to make themselves unable to tag it wasn't meme

image.png.8a051430915b1b9228760283ee2c4d3a.png

but some examples of it

I remember you talking about I think skribblio on city 8 and you've assumed that me and cutie would troll you or something like this

You also seem to believe what 2koreds is saying even tho harakoni said in his appeal that he lied about stuff and all he was doing during ~october-november before my 1st ban was harasing taco and me and what did taco did to deserve it? got bugged and had collisions as spectator and me idk I had word faggot as tag he seemed to hate it also when taco finally started warning him he started making fun of him not being able to find list with punishments which i remember ren was there when it happened

he lied multiple times about stuff he was calling taco bad dev then went on saying that i put tag saying developer which is not true i've also seen him say wuffakoni then tell that it was me who taught him it.

image.png.fb679c8b09e8af583e6c4ec0c18cdcea.png

and again I'm not saying that all your criticism is harassment and I wouldn't really call it harassment but there were situations where you just assumed that something bad would happen or that  it's true

Edited by BadD
why does it work like this i remember removing quote after i couldn't quote it in edit with quote sellection ? added thing to beginning

I ❤️ Bricolage

Posted  Edited by Dragoon

Back when I leaked stuff to D, there were certain things that I never told him, and I explicitly mentioned to him that I would not tell him certain things. I'm assuming that I was a secondary leaker, and he questioned me about some stuff, blah blah blah. 

My point is that we were all the way in. 

I believe that I found out about his Alt on May 17th, and then I told Rennadai (That 3 of us were helping him) on July 18th. My original thought process as a dumb + inmature kid that was easily convinced was: "Hey, we aren't really breaking the rules, since he's not banned!" Of course, I knew what I was doing was wrong, especially since I freaked out when everything came up in July. Whenever the topic of alts came up in Staff Chat, he usually messaged me first in order to get my attention and tell him what was going on. That pretty much means that other people were already letting him know at that point. D was also as active as he normally was on his alt, which allowed him to view gameplay, record stuff, and then take out the interesting bits to show to other people. He showed conversations between other people about me to me, and there's a possibility that he showed other conversations about other people to those other people in order to all get them on his side, while probably acting with some level of differentiating feelings about people based on each person he talked to. Of course, this later part is just an assumption, but still.

We did a lot, he took advantage of me and gave me information I helped him, which in turn made me want to help him more for his activity. It was a cycle that dragged me in, and, it could have at least possibly dragged other people in, too. There were other regulars and 2 other admins at the time which knew about his Main Alt, (There was a second one, but I BELIEVE that's all I knew of, it'd take too long to check over all of the messages) and we did nothing about it. 

Edited by Dragoon

[Signature]

Achievements

Posted  Edited by BadD

@Dragoon i still don't really understand how you went from liking to disliking me you could've just said that ur no longer doing it and sell me out i would get mad for maybe couple days but that's it you were overall good except saying stuff that ur worst admin or that ppl don't like you when you knew it wasn't true

Edited by BadD

I ❤️ Bricolage

There was a lot to read here but I think you should stay unbanned. The first time you were banned had the same reasons as the second time you were banned. This  shows a lack of improvement on your actions. You were also caught by me for ban evading and that shows a lack of respect for the rules again. I may not be an admin, but since I was an admin during the time before and  after your second unban all I can say is that I think that you need more time being banned as you have shown to not have learned your lesson in the past, and whilst you were unbanned there were occurrences with you trolling and trying to impersonate (the reason you have been banned both times). From that I think that you should not be unbanned yet, but there might be a chance in the future.

EVtwBzyUEAAzYrH.thumb.jpg.74b0f1c1b172c56cf3f39ac7c4b7354a.jpgShibaInu850.jpg.0ab71a8507e6a9b39cddcb1081212392.jpg

20 hours ago, Booster said:

There was a lot to read here but I think you should stay unbanned. The first time you were banned had the same reasons as the second time you were banned. This  shows a lack of improvement on your actions. You were also caught by me for ban evading and that shows a lack of respect for the rules again. I may not be an admin, but since I was an admin during the time before and  after your second unban all I can say is that I think that you need more time being banned as you have shown to not have learned your lesson in the past, and whilst you were unbanned there were occurrences with you trolling and trying to impersonate (the reason you have been banned both times). From that I think that you should not be unbanned yet, but there might be a chance in the future.

Okay, here I am going to disagree with Booster. The impersonation was a harmless joke (besides the one racist comment). The trolling wasn't even bad really, some people just overreacted completely. 

On 1/3/2021 at 2:12 PM, Dragoon said:

I believe that I found out about his Alt on May 17th, and then I told Rennadai on July 18th.

Didn't I rat the alt out on the 7th of July? just asking.

EVtwBzyUEAAzYrH.thumb.jpg.74b0f1c1b172c56cf3f39ac7c4b7354a.jpgShibaInu850.jpg.0ab71a8507e6a9b39cddcb1081212392.jpg

34 minutes ago, Booster said:

Didn't I rat the alt out on the 7th of July? just asking.

Sorry, I edited it to make sense. Also, if I remember right, I believe that you asked him the day beforehand and then posted your other findings in Staff Chats that next day? Sorry, it's been a long time, so I don't remember the exact details. Never really expected to get involved in this again.

[Signature]

Achievements