Roy

Celebrities You've Met?

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to think on how to word this post because I don't want it to come off as cringe-y (I'm sure it will, but w/e) and personally, I've never cared much about celebrities unless if it was somebody I've highly looked up to or in my case, I lived right next to lol. However, I asked a question last night in my status update because I was thinking back to when Michael Vick, a decently famous Football player, used to live right next to me when I lived in Southern New Jersey while he played for the Philadelphia Eagles in 2011 - 2013 (I know, some of the things he was famous for back then was pretty bad too, but he was a pretty sick Football player at one point according to the highlights I've watched on him).

Anyways, I was just curious what other celebrities (if any) others have met or possibly lived next to. 

I never officially met him after he moved in because I knew he was probably greeted by many other people and I'd imagine in that type of life, you'd probably want to be left alone. So I left them alone basically the entire two - three years they lived there other than Halloween, but they would wave to me if I saw him when coming home from a game which was cool I guess. However, for those that do not know, he went to jail for dog fighting many years before this happened and the ironic thing about all of this was I had four dogs (labs) while he lived there.

Now, during Halloween, my HS friend and I would take my little brother trick-or-treating and we did go to his house both years. The first year, his wife answered the door and the second year, I was actually expecting his wife, but he answered the door instead. Honestly seems like a really cool guy and gave us tons of candy. I guess that was the first time I officially "met" him, but yeah.

Again, sorry if this is a cringe-y post, but I was just curious if others had stories.

P.S. I'm not a big car person, but Michael Vick's cars were pretty damn sick.

Hidden

EDITED, because I missed a few ❤️

Steven Tyler (like 4 times on accident) [bumped into each other again]

Adam Sandler (2 times on accident lol) [bumped into each other again]

Ariana Grande (1)

Taylor Swift (1)

Adele (1)

Post Malone (1)

Carly Rae Jepson (1)

Katy Perry (1) 

Ed Sheeran (1)

David Copperfield (6)

Edit:

Khalid (1)

Clario (1)

Ella Mai Normani (1)

And I know for a fact I've met so much more, I just don't happen to remember their names or them in general all right now lol.

Hidden

We literally have an almost identical story, lol.

Dallas Clark (former colts player) used to live in a house on my street and lived a pretty private life. We saw him every now and again coming home while he lived there and the family was always pleasant. Sometimes they invited us over for holiday events with the rest of the street and their house was absolutely crazy, like, tennis courts, pool, stable for horses and all the shit you can imagine. Really cool experience being able to see it all even if I was really young at the time, I honestly can't really remember much about him, just that their kids were nice. They moved into a different house in a more private estate/neighborhood in the same town a few years ago though, so I haven't seen them since. 

I can't really say I've physically met (as in, talking one on one) with another famous person, though. Cool story mr roy!

Achievements

23 minutes ago, Bue. said:

Steven Tyler (like 4 times on accident) [bumped into each other again]

Adam Sandler (2 times on accident lol) [bumped into each other again]

Ariana Grande (1)

Taylor Swift (1)

Adele (1)

Post Malone (1)

Carly Rae Jepson (1)

Katy Perry (1) 

Ed Sheeran (1)

David Copperfield (6)

And I know for a fact I've met so much more, I just don't happen to remember their names or them in general all right now lol.

That's awesome!

I know my cousin used to LOVE Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran along with getting pictures with them quite often. I had a suspicion at one point that her and Taylor were personal friends or something because many of the photos were in areas with no people around lmao. Though, I haven't seen any photos in the past few years, so I guess not, lol.

Also, for those interested, this is Michael Vick's highlights.

Yeah, I'd say he was pretty good at Football in 2004 before he went to jail for dog fighting lol.

14 minutes ago, King_Wailord said:

We literally have an almost identical story, lol.

Dallas Clark (former colts player) used to live in a house on my street and lived a pretty private life. We saw him every now and again coming home while he lived there and the family was always pleasant. Sometimes they invited us over for holiday events with the rest of the street and their house was absolutely crazy, like, tennis courts, pool, stable for horses and all the shit you can imagine. Really cool experience being able to see it all even if I was really young at the time, I honestly can't really remember much about him, just that their kids were nice. They moved into a different house in a more private estate/neighborhood in the same town a few years ago though, so I haven't seen them since. 

I can't really say I've physically met (as in, talking one on one) with another famous person, though. Cool story mr roy!

It's crazy how similar that is to my story haha! It's awesome they invited you to holiday events too! And yeah, the only actual face to face interactions I had with Michael was when I went up to his house for trick-or-treating. We went early and he left 30 minutes or so afterwards that night, so I guess I was one of the only people to talk to him that night as well.

I think it was better that we both didn't try to interact a ton because I heard a story of one of my neighbors getting kicked out of his house for coming over too much. Apparently he tried going over his house at like midnight and Michael Vick was like, you got to stop coming over lmao.

Hidden

I have met two semi D-List celebrities:

WWE Hall of Fame Wrestler Ric Flair - 

My family has been obsessed with professional wrestling since before I was born, and he came to my city for an appearance at a live taping of some WWE show and I got to meet him afterwards, pretty cool.

Woooo! The 10 greatest Ric Flair matches of all time - Sportsnet.ca

Professional Chef Cat Cora - 

She opened a restaurant on my university's campus and was there taking pictures and signing photos so that was kind of cool.

Sante's finale the 10th on the 10th. Iron Chef America Cat Cora from New  York!Sante's finale the 10th on the 10th. Iron Chef America Cat Cora from  New York! - The Wine

So yeah, I haven't met anyone who is crazy famous, but it was still cool 🙂

Director of Divisions and Physion Unturned Division Leader

amongus_AdobeExpress.gif

xQc on GFL Surf 7/16/22

Hidden

I'm not sure if people will even know who these people are, lol.

I was at an Apple store when Steve Jobs walked in.  MacBook Air had just come out and he was demoing it 1:1 with several customers.  My dad tried shaking his hand, but he admitted to us that he was sick and had to be extra cautious of germs; so he bowed to us.  He died a few short years later.

Wouldn't want to infer that we knew each other well or were friends...  lightly acquainted...  I use to be in a sport, and I guess the daughter of Jerry Rice was into that sport too (she was very little like 10 years old or less).  I can't remember if it was just for like a year or maybe a couple of years we saw their family every week.  They just kind of stopped going and we read later that he and his wife had divorced.  Jerry Rice is known for football.

I've already blabbed plenty of times of working at NASA plenty of times, and so a few celebrities there...  Gene Kranz (he was the flight director and portrayed by Ed Harris in Apollo 13 "Failure is not an option!") used to be my neighbor at a place I was staying at for a couple of months.

I met Charlie Bolden and Steve Smith, who are very popular at NASA.  Both of them were astronauts.  Charlie was the Administrator of NASA; Steve was some kind of director of the international space station ISS at the time.  I'm not sure if Steve was popular because he was so tall, which was uncommon for astronauts because size and weight matters  I met Charlie during some seminar...  I didn't know it, but the person I was sitting next to and talking with was Steve Smith.  I didn't know it until Charlie introduced him and he got up to talk, lol.

Ellen Ochoa was popular too and also became a director at Johnson Space Center.

Victor Glover was selected as an astronaut, but hadn't been to space yet.  I didn't know this until the other day, that he is the first African American to be on the ISS.  Wow wee makes me feel like we're still in the 60's if it took that long to have a little diversity in the ISS.

Walter Cunningham told me I need to cut my hair.  Thought I posted this one, but I can't find it.  Apollo 7.  Astronaut ice cream is a fun item in stores, but he says that they didn't have on board (can even find on some websites). 

Spoiler

UhMlBi5.jpg

Maybe not famous, but I'm sure you've seen their products when you walk through grocery stores.  One of the family members were my roommate while I was living in DC.  We still chat here and there.  Wont post a picture of the person since they're not super famous, but the product you might recognize.

Family_Favorites_Category.png

Also while in DC got to see Ruth Bader Ginsburg ("notorious RGB").  She passed away recently.  I didn't run into her 1:1 it was more of a classroom event; she met with our group and we could talk to her and ask questions.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Hidden

I've met Chris Paul before, he was a pretty cool dude and it was very exciting to see him, even though I don't really watch the NBA that much. I honestly think that that's probably it bc I don't really remember meeting anyone else famous, but I wouldn't really know anyone famous due to not being very attentive out in public, I'm just sorta doing my own thing 😕

-Brotherwolf

Hidden

I've met Blondie, Jay and Silent Bob, and Bon Jovi, who all live/work in the borough I work for. Adam Savage, Jamie Hyneman, Vsauce, and Alton Brown from various events they did in NYC.

My second mom is involved in local politics and brought me along on a tour of congress, so I met a bunch of congresspeople but none that I really cared about at the time, or remember as an adult.
Oh. Also the Situation from Jersey Shore, but it wasn't on purpose and he was a massive asshole.

I also met the man Billy Blazes from Rescue Heroes was based off of, and got his autograph.

I've met *a lot* of Drag Queens, including one that was on RuPaul's Drag Race, because one of my best friends is a drag queen and I've ended up helping out at a lot of charity events.

I've also ended up meeting a bunch of "adult" stars cuz one of my friends from high school got into that business, but I'm not gonna list names for obvious reasons.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

THIS SIGNATURE IS INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =