Rhysin_

Overwatch 2

Overwatch 2  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Overall Thoughts?

• Good
    • Bad
    • It's literally the same game, the changes barely change anything.
  2. 2. Battle Pass?

3. 3. New Heroes + Changes to Old Heroes?

• Generally Good
    • Somewhat Good
    • Neutral
    • Somewhat Bad
    • Generally Bad

What are everyone's thoughts on Overwatch 2?
Do you like it better than Overwatch 1?
I know they are practically the same game but I've heard a lot of complaints and a few people who praise the game as better than it's predecessor, so I wanted to see y'all's thoughts on it.
Do you like the new heroes? How about the battle pass?

Personally, I like OW2. I wasn't a huge OW1 player (cause poor), so I can't really say which I prefer. I do, however, prefer the single tank format to the double tank format, even if it makes some tanks less powerful now.
The battle pass is pretty dumb, at least the way they are implementing it. Locking heroes behind the battle pass? Seriously? The next new hero Rammattra is going to be locked behind the battle pass just like Kiriko was apparently and that's honestly so disappointing. I get it from a business standpoint, they want to make money, but from a player standpoint its just annoying.
For the most part, the new heroes and the changes to some old heroes are alright. Junker Queen is a bit weak for a tank, having similar issues to Roadhog imo. Doomfist being made into a tank was an interesting choice, but he desperately needs a buff to keep up with other tanks like D.Va or even Sigma. . I've heard that Sojourn is pretty broken apparently, but personally I haven't seen too many good Sojourn players. Kiriko is fun, nothing really bad to say about her, her voice lines are kinda boring though.

1023626940_forumsignature.thumb.png.6378b8a403e329b9a4bf21267af67896.png
Made by @Clavers

idk I have fun playing with friends but I'm so awful at aiming the only character I do good as is still Junkrat. I stopped playing OW1 like 2 years ago and tbh it feels about the same as then, most games are just one team steam rolling the other. I get to play with my friends and bf though and I don't hate the experience. I feel like I'm doing good most games (at least at the ELO we play at) unlike in Valorant or CSGO where my spray pattern makes a circle around the other players and I get half a kill per game.

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

overall, the game is pretty fun, but the game has some pretty glaring flaws in terms of progression as the only form of progression you get now is the battle pass and competitive ranks

balancing is also a bit wack as most heroes will either tend to dominate or get out-shined by other heroes, but I feel like it's going to eventually get better overall

57 minutes ago, Rhysin but BlazingArson said:

I've heard that Sojourn is pretty broken apparently, but personally I haven't seen too many good Sojourn players.

the main issue with sojourn is her kit; namely, not many offense heroes offer the same versatility compared to her

she has:

• ranged poke
  • ranged killing power
  • area denial with no punishment for missing
  • strong movement options
  • an ultimate that can easily kill squishies from range, and isn't really too punishing if you miss it

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Rhysin but BlazingArson
10 hours ago, The1337Gh0st said:

the main issue with sojourn is her kit; namely, not many offense heroes offer the same versatility compared to her

she has:

that makes sense, not looking forward to running into a good Sojourn

idk I have fun playing with friends but I'm so awful at aiming the only character I do good as is still Junkrat - @Duc2000

I used to have really shit aim so I played moira, but then i got bored with her and branched out, since then my aim's gotten a decent bit better but i still mostly play characters that dont need to focus on aim too much like Brigitte.

Edited by Rhysin but BlazingArson

1023626940_forumsignature.thumb.png.6378b8a403e329b9a4bf21267af67896.png
Made by @Clavers

It's mid. The game was never bad, but marketing it as a sequel is kinda insulting without the PvE element they were hyping up. Battle pass sucks, no question about that.

New heroes & changes are overall quite good (mainly getting rid of barrier metas), but there are a few things to note. DF going tank is fine, but DF had like 90% of his techs removed, so now he's the worst hero in the game and lost most of the appeal of why you'd play him to begin with. JQ was nerfed too much since the beta, so now she's only good for pubstomps. Sojourn's core design philosophy is fine, but she's busted beyond belief and all of the games at high MMR revolve completely around her. Kiriko will be in a good spot after her incoming nerfs, but she's also the reason why some of the new bugs (Mei phasing, invincible Brig shield) are coming about. The correct solution would be to disable Kiriko, but she's new and Blizz want to sell her cosmetics, so Blizz are disabling the older heroes instead of going after the source of the bugs.

Pt5iuHl.png

I won't take a photo—I'll tell it through words.

Achievements