Amara

This is kinda weird but what do u guys thank of depression/suicide

A woman who was once important to me told me that true clinical depression is something that you're likely to keep for the rest of your life. It is akin to other disorders such as autism and schizophrenia in that you shouldn't count on permanently ridding yourself of it. Your best bet is to make changes to how you live your life in order to circumvent some of the negative consequences of such disorders. It's up to you to identify said "negative consequences" since depression spurs different actions in different people.

Pt5iuHl.png

I won't take a photo—I'll tell it through words.

Achievements

Posted  Edited by CrusTi

Mental disorders/depression straight up suck. Especially if it is caused by an imbalance or Seritonin levels. It's not easy to treat that sort of illness no matter how hard you try. You just have to deal with it and do your best to not let it get to you.

Basicly what @Shuruia said.

Edited by CrusTi

I used to be suicidal when I was younger but because I had family that actually cares for me despite they're the one that caused it. I slowly changed and start thinking of good ways to improve or change how I should perceive (?) it. It took years for me to be normal, but what exactly is normal? I mean, I'm still kind of crazy or mentally insane but hey, I'm proud of who I am (I don't know, I'm just lunatic). But like Shu-chan said, that could help you. Another way is, do you know any friends or families that could help you? Or like people who has the same problem and help you fight against it? Kind of like the cancer awareness thing...?

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

This is gunna be a long post guys, so I'm going to throw it in spoiler tags so I don't wall the thread.

I lived with depression for a good 1/3 of my life, late elementary school to late high school. I also had a slew of mental and emotional issues, but that's besides the point.
One good thing you can do is have somebody you can confide in and talk to about these things. A good friend, and/or if you have supportive parents would be preferable. I personally don't believe in the concept of professional therapy, because I went through it for a few months and it didn't do anything for me. Probably because I was not willing to speak to these people because it'd most likely end up with DYFS taking me away from my home, which wouldn't have been right. My father is an excellent person, it was just my mother that corrupted me to the core :P I just tricked them into thinking I was better so I can get back to my life. Was that the right choice? Probably not, but it worked for me. I've always found myself to be a very introspective person, and I was able to come to my own conclusions over the years and live with it until I got there. If I were to actually talk to that councilor, I'd have landed myself in a mental hospital. That isn't to say professional therapy isn't for you, I was just a really fucked up kid that woulda been deemed unfit for society. If that doesn't sound like you, then hey, maybe a professional therapist can help you figure things out. I've come to find over the years that I told my friends the same things that their 'professionals' told them.
You also need to remember that the only person that can truly fix you is yourself. You can have everybody in the world by your side to support you, your parents, your best friend, but in the end, you have to hold yourself up. They're only there to guide you if you falter. You need to have the willpower to fight through it... Eventually you'll come out on top. As the saying goes, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.
Truth be told, I don't know where my disorders went. They seem to have disappeared right alongside my grandparents, oddly enough. It took a great measure of willpower to be able to put up with myself until I finally overcame my issues... It's a scary feeling, being afraid of yourself. Not knowing what you're going to do next, because you're not in full control of your own heart and mind. Thankfully I had a very good friend that was there for me through thick and thin, through all those years of emotional and mental turmoil. She was always there for me when I needed her, and I owe her a debt of gratitude for keeping me upright until I could find my own footing.
That brings me to my next point. You need to really think about and truly accept the circumstances you're in. I know it sounds counterproductive to concede to your inner faults, but acceptance truly is the first step to a better you. Once you come to true acceptance of it, then you can start to think about ways you can better deal with it. As I said, it's a matter of time until you can come around to finally being able to live on and past your problems. I don't believe that time mends wounds, but it sure is a good catalyst. Like I said, you have to fix yourself... If you can sustain through your problems, then time is your friend. It'll take care of you.
So, that's my piece. TL;DR: Have people you can trust and confide in, try to be introspective and try to find your own answers to your problems. Your confidantes are there to help you, not to fix you for you. Fixing yourself is a journey you have to step through on your own. If you have the willpower to sustain, then time is your friend. You sound like you're able to deal with it, but if you find yourself starting to slip, don't be afraid to turn to external help. A life is a precious thing to waste, friend. If you think you're going to break, put yourself in the right hands to keep you from shattering. If that's a mental hospital, so be it.
Hopefully what I typed here today can serve as proper wisdom for you. I've been down that road before, I know how it feels. I swore an oath to myself to try and not let people suffer like I did if I can help them. All I can tell you is that I couldn't be happier than I am now, and I wouldn't change a thing if I could turn back the clock.

2 hours ago, MrManslayerX said:

This is gunna be a long post guys, so I'm going to throw it in spoiler tags so I don't wall the thread.

Reveal hidden contents

I lived with depression for a good 1/3 of my life, late elementary school to late high school. I also had a slew of mental and emotional issues, but that's besides the point.
One good thing you can do is have somebody you can confide in and talk to about these things. A good friend, and/or if you have supportive parents would be preferable. I personally don't believe in the concept of professional therapy, because I went through it for a few months and it didn't do anything for me. Probably because I was not willing to speak to these people because it'd most likely end up with DYFS taking me away from my home, which wouldn't have been right. My father is an excellent person, it was just my mother that corrupted me to the core :P I just tricked them into thinking I was better so I can get back to my life. Was that the right choice? Probably not, but it worked for me. I've always found myself to be a very introspective person, and I was able to come to my own conclusions over the years and live with it until I got there. If I were to actually talk to that councilor, I'd have landed myself in a mental hospital. That isn't to say professional therapy isn't for you, I was just a really fucked up kid that woulda been deemed unfit for society. If that doesn't sound like you, then hey, maybe a professional therapist can help you figure things out. I've come to find over the years that I told my friends the same things that their 'professionals' told them.
You also need to remember that the only person that can truly fix you is yourself. You can have everybody in the world by your side to support you, your parents, your best friend, but in the end, you have to hold yourself up. They're only there to guide you if you falter. You need to have the willpower to fight through it... Eventually you'll come out on top. As the saying goes, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.
Truth be told, I don't know where my disorders went. They seem to have disappeared right alongside my grandparents, oddly enough. It took a great measure of willpower to be able to put up with myself until I finally overcame my issues... It's a scary feeling, being afraid of yourself. Not knowing what you're going to do next, because you're not in full control of your own heart and mind. Thankfully I had a very good friend that was there for me through thick and thin, through all those years of emotional and mental turmoil. She was always there for me when I needed her, and I owe her a debt of gratitude for keeping me upright until I could find my own footing.
That brings me to my next point. You need to really think about and truly accept the circumstances you're in. I know it sounds counterproductive to concede to your inner faults, but acceptance truly is the first step to a better you. Once you come to true acceptance of it, then you can start to think about ways you can better deal with it. As I said, it's a matter of time until you can come around to finally being able to live on and past your problems. I don't believe that time mends wounds, but it sure is a good catalyst. Like I said, you have to fix yourself... If you can sustain through your problems, then time is your friend. It'll take care of you.
So, that's my piece. TL;DR: Have people you can trust and confide in, try to be introspective and try to find your own answers to your problems. Your confidantes are there to help you, not to fix you for you. Fixing yourself is a journey you have to step through on your own. If you have the willpower to sustain, then time is your friend. You sound like you're able to deal with it, but if you find yourself starting to slip, don't be afraid to turn to external help. A life is a precious thing to waste, friend. If you think you're going to break, put yourself in the right hands to keep you from shattering. If that's a mental hospital, so be it.
Hopefully what I typed here today can serve as proper wisdom for you. I've been down that road before, I know how it feels. I swore an oath to myself to try and not let people suffer like I did if I can help them. All I can tell you is that I couldn't be happier than I am now, and I wouldn't change a thing if I could turn back the clock.

4 hours ago, Bae said:

I used to be suicidal when I was younger but because I had family that actually cares for me despite they're the one that caused it. I slowly changed and start thinking of good ways to improve or change how I should perceive (?) it. It took years for me to be normal, but what exactly is normal? I mean, I'm still kind of crazy or mentally insane but hey, I'm proud of who I am (I don't know, I'm just lunatic). But like Shu-chan said, that could help you. Another way is, do you know any friends or families that could help you? Or like people who has the same problem and help you fight against it? Kind of like the cancer awareness thing...?

8 hours ago, CrusTi said:

Mental disorders/depression straight up suck. Especially if it is caused by an imbalance or Seritonin levels. It's not easy to treat that sort of illness no matter how hard you try. You just have to deal with it and do your best to not let it get to you.

Basicly what @Shuruia said.

9 hours ago, Shuruia said:

A woman who was once important to me told me that true clinical depression is something that you're likely to keep for the rest of your life. It is akin to other disorders such as autism and schizophrenia in that you shouldn't count on permanently ridding yourself of it. Your best bet is to make changes to how you live your life in order to circumvent some of the negative consequences of such disorders. It's up to you to identify said "negative consequences" since depression spurs different actions in different people.

thank all of u so much nice to know what u thank and feel and open and try to help me in the long run.

12 hours ago, CatieSai said:

I have, much like Jerry here, lived with Anxiety and Depression (among other issues) for most of my short life and perhaps due to a multitude of circumstances. While seeming difficult and scary at times, find people you can feel secure and happy to be around, and try to make the best of every situation. Personally I make the best of everything with humor even if it's rather distasteful at times; this can REALLY help in many environments for everyone involved the way I see it? Also, I've been lucky enough to find reliable friendships over the years even if most are online. A therapist told me a few years back that 'Internet friends are silly/find some REAL friends..." and all this other nonsense... Be cautious, but also appreciate the fact that there are actual human beings behind a screen that are willing to lend a word of advice and a shoulder of support in dark times.

Truth be told, I have been that person behind the screen that helped many, many people through their lives. Not trying to brag or anything, but just trying to reinforce your point. Those are people behind those screens.

3 hours ago, MrManslayerX said:

Truth be told, I have been that person behind the screen that helped many, many people through their lives. Not trying to brag or anything, but just trying to reinforce your point. Those are people behind those screens.

I have as well, actually. And no worries, I get what you're trying to do :P Much appreciated