Luigi

Add warmup plugin

Posted  Edited by rapperdan
37 minutes ago, Luigi said:

Its annoying to waste the first/second round cuz people are joining/downloading the map so make a warmup plugin please

why make a plugin when you could just setup a freezetime?

or an actual warmup cvar lol

mp_do_warmup_peroid "1"

mp_warmuptimer "inserttimehere"

anyways a freezetimer would be the best approach in my eyes which would require me to experiment a little bit as it requires things like impulse 101 and a few other weird things :L

anyways this is the command for a freezetime mp_freezetime "inserttimehere" how ever like I said idk if it is well reliable on it's own that is my main concern and why I would need to figure that out incase anyone wishes to know, as I have heard many issues from many people who have had problems implementing it on it's own.

anyways I will update this if I have anything else to give you in terms of help

~ anything for the playerbase <3

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

I really never saw the point to having a server side warmup enabled, typically we already consider the first round of a map "warmup" because not enough people will be human to win the round and it usually ends rather quickly. Having a server side warmup could also cause a double warmup sort of bug with some maps with inbuilt warmups that would occur if the servers warmup length is shorter than what the maps is. Since some maps inbuilt warmups won't progress the map to the first level unless it's done to completion.

• 1 month later...

i want 8 seconds on warm up, because if we lose the first round or not, i strongly dislike being a zombie first round because i spawn in 2 seconds later -  because of my internet. 

add a zm protection plugin for the first round or 8 seconds of warm up because most teams try to win first round and i would prefer to try with them rather than sit afk in spawn and eat my cake.

Posted  Edited by ReivaX

it took 2 days of spamming to get fury's idea off the ground, do i really need to create two extra post detailing why i think 8 seconds of warm up would safe me being starting zm every single map

Edited by ReivaX

fk me, way to appeal to the people who have terrible internet connection and potato pc's

i can really feel you reaching out to accommodate for all.

Thank you

I find it exciting to try and win a map or level in the "Warmup round".... it makes it exciting and fun... also many maps have a warmup round built in now, and many of those are quite popular so how would you account for that?

I say leave it as is...

I think a warmup would be a good idea for the server, not too long though so the ones who don’t load in as fast have a chance, as long as it doesn’t slay CT’s to end the warmup so we can still 4-0 Santa 😄

5 hours ago, ReivaX said:

it took 2 days of spamming to get fury's idea off the ground, do i really need to create two extra post detailing why i think 8 seconds of warm up would safe me being starting zm every single map

a warmup round and the infection countdown timer are two different things.

the infection countdown timer can maybe be increased for each map individually, not sure.

a server side warmup would require exceptions (deactivation) for maps with inbuilt warmup rounds

Posted  Edited by xSnowyAngel
7 hours ago, ReivaX said:

classic admin team, refuses to do anything

Omega Fucking LUL. 

7 hours ago, ReivaX said:

2days? Spamming? WTF are you going on about????? 

chrome_2019-01-24_05-19-05.png

image.png.96022d4a6d5e576f5b04bdb78a097a15.png

People were atleast NOT TOXIC in the repost. Keep in mind that the original thread is still posted on January 13. We add stuffs once it's very well received and doesn't cause any issues with maps/server

Edited by xSnowyAngel

Posted  Edited by ReivaX

so you do want me to start spamming huh, 

welp

14 hours ago, hotEvercLear said:

I find it exciting to try and win a map or level in the "Warmup round".... it makes it exciting and fun... also many maps have a warmup round built in now, and many of those are quite popular so how would you account for that?

I say leave it as is...

yay, a person with good internet,

most don't have warm up plugin you can go through the maps idm

you can modify the source code to only activate on certain maps 

11 hours ago, donchill said:

a server side warmup would require exceptions (deactivation) for maps with inbuilt warmup rounds

nooooooooooooooooooooooo really? no wonder this guy is an admin, he's got the smarts

yay listening to the community but also ignoring the community because screw doing extra work amirite

Edited by ReivaX

4 minutes ago, ReivaX said:

nooooooooooooooooooooooo really?

yay listening to the community but also ignoring the community because screw doing extra work amirite

Tbh, I think less toxicity would help this debate go a lot more smoothly and productively, also in donchills defense, I think he was making a statement rather than putting the idea down completely.

@Elemental cheers for looking out for me bud

honestly i have nothing against any of the admins, loan and snowy a like, however, i know they're going to ignore me anyway at the end of the day so i have no worries in being ninja chris jnr.

just as i got a week ban for the same thing nato got 2 days for, the double standards, the favouritism, these people think they're the be all to end all and cant see past their judgements. 

as i state here: 

they wont do anything about it, and because of that i can go all out knowing it will affect no one UNTILL, as snowy said, i move the community.

I dont hate any of you, im just trying to get a point across in the clearest way that i can see.

No one likes being zm, and you guys spawn in first round no problem, i want an 8 second warmup or a zm protector thing first round so i can not be zombie based on the fact that my internet sucks and you guys have good connections. 

Posted  Edited by Neiva
22 hours ago, ReivaX said:

i want 8 seconds on warm up, because if we lose the first round or not, i strongly dislike being a zombie first round because i spawn in 2 seconds later -  because of my internet.

You realize it's your PC that loads the map right? Often I'm one of the first in, despite 200+ ping. If it's a new map, then too bad. You can download all the maps off the FASTDL in advanced!

Buy an SSD!

18 hours ago, ReivaX said:

classic admin team, refuses to do anything

how bout you try something - if community hates it get rid of it, and if they like it keep it

What is there to do? If anything, it needs to be removed because a lot of maps have their own warmup rounds now. *You* don't speak for the community, only yourself and maybe your group of friends.

17 minutes ago, ReivaX said:

either against your bad management or to get a warmup plugin

Just because *you* want a warmup plugin doesn't mean anybody else wants one.

WTF happened to you Sausage, pull your head in m8.

Edited by Neiva