Roy

Advertising Ideas

Hey Guyz,

I just had some ideas about our advertising in GFL. I believe we should do stuff like this:

This is great for advertisement! I also believe this was successful in the past.

Thanks!

Obviously, this is a joke. I was just laughing with some friends about this and how cringy I was back in the day.

Posted  Edited by Joshy - Edit Reason: Whoops! We still have these teams. · Hidden
Hidden

I don't get it.  Are you meaning to say, that we should have Youtube videos advertising GFL?  What was is PR?  What was is Media Team?  What was is any or all of it?  This is new or I missed something?

Edited by Joshy
Whoops! We still have these teams.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Hidden
25 minutes ago, Joshy said:

I don't get it.  Are you meaning to say, that we should have Youtube videos advertising GFL?  What was is PR?  What was is Media Team?  What was is any or all of it?  This is new or I missed something?

reading hard

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

Hidden

WE SHOULD PARTNER WITH GARY'S YOUTUBE CHANNEL: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXJcyadC6w46yomy164-WZg

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

Hidden

if I'm being honest we should focus on the user exp and the ability to keep and retain the playerbase then from there we can ensure the advertisements go great.

The issue remains those who say "you have GFL in your name that community died years ago" we must repair what we where once capable of and inturn we will get the greatest form of advertisement which is simple it's word of mouth and nothing more, after all when is the last time you heard someone say "you know about that sick server the gfl one" word of mouth will always beat any form of advertisements, and it is and will forever be the dominant thing if you can play on the servers it boosts the numbers active staff and updated servers minimum down time, it all plays a factor in the community as a whole.

These fancy vids are just icing on the cake it will never make the cake I mean can you make a whole cake out of icing and a shiny coating? the simple answer is no and it will always be that way sadly people need to just play on the servers afk on them fuck man if you knew how many people actively afk on 1v1 and how much it has helped you would be amazed it will always work and encoraging it is something I will always stand by untill the server reaches the population like ze has there is nothing that should be done.

Achievements

Posted  Edited by VirusKing - Edit Reason: TL;DR · Hidden
Hidden

The best way to attract users is to have actual healthy functional servers with admins that are playing on the server. Once servers are in good standing, then the player base is not hard to get. If the servers are in poor health, then any possible gain won't stick as players leave the server without it growing be it due to plugins, optimization, crashes or lack of administration.

What I suggest is to revamp all the servers, make sure they are in perfect standing regarding technical and administrative point together with making sure that the other existing competition does not have something attracting players that we don't have. Once that is done, get a couple of people to play/AFK in there which will bring the server up in the listing and attract more users. What we've done with CS:GO 1V1 arena is exactly that and so far it's hitting max player base during peaks after 1-2 days of work on it as we have admins that are actively playing/visiting the server to populate it.

Any additional advertising should be done only once the servers are in healthy state, it can be events/tournaments or Youtube videos even if they bring one regular player, then it's worth it.

TL;DR
We need to fix all servers and get proper staff for each, once that is done players are easier to get, otherwise any advertising is a waste when the players won't stay on the servers.

Edited by VirusKing
TL;DR

Posted  Edited by rapperdan · Hidden
Hidden
2 minutes ago, Joshy said:

I missed the tiny text.  My old eyes missed it ::$:

jesus christ I wrote what I wrote for nothing I missed it aswell made an actual important post and wasted some decent time I'm actually stupid :L

could of been edited via acp though and it would not show edits so nobody really know.

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

Hidden

Hi @Roy,

I’d like to inform you that according to the forum rules this is off-topic and is posted in the wrong section of the forum and has caused minor confusion amongst some of our long-time users of these forums. Please refrain from doing this again or action will be taken.

Thanks.

ps: Christiano Decanado is a huge troll. His presence shows. 

Nerd

Achievements