Cpt.Haxray

SCP-681 "Hostile Helium"

(May or may not be slightly stealing the idea).

Brief Description:

SCP-681 is a bunch of sapient and really pissed off helium that likes to try to suffocate people as well as go inside balloon animals. Notably way less dangerous as a balloon for obvious reasons(But still somehow hazardous?)

Gameplay:

Health: 2000(Might be too much, its hard to judge imo)

SCP team

Spawn: Basement area

Passive: Leaves a trail of dangerous gas behind it wherever it goes. This gas lasts for a minute and 30 seconds. Anyone who is not a SCP touching this gas takes 10 damage a second(Might be too strong, maybe 5? idk) while inside the gas.  People wearing Hazmat suits take only 1 damage a tick. 

Slow base movement speed(im thinking slightly faster than 096, but not by much).

Right Click: Hold down mouse to move faster(I think 682 sprint speed) but lose health(10 damage per second perhaps? It should add up over time)

Left Click:  Deal 5 damage. No cooldown(So like 795's left click spam, basically). 

Gameplay Description:

681 would be somewhat tanky and relies on leaving hazardous traps/trails of gas around in order to hamper movement or trap someone in a spot. Its tankiness is offset by its low movement speed, and it can trade health to move faster if it really wanted to. Its left click is weak as it shouldn't be its main form of attack, but helps prevent it from being completely defenseless up close and allows it to corner someone on its own in order to kill it.

Im aware a basement spawn is scary, but due to how round start works it shouldn't be able to actually kill someone until round begins, and it would be rather unique to have a SCP that can do some sort of mild set-up before the round begins for real.

Model: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=507170260 

6 hours ago, Supreme leader 049 said:

I like it, but maybe he should spawn at the scroll scp instead of the basement.

Maybe, problem is that blocks off a pistol and keycard spawn, as well as being a lot closer than the basement.

Creative. Should the gas be visible?

How should filling a whole room / volume with gas as to make it impassable be handled?

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

56 minutes ago, Cpt.Haxray said:

Maybe, problem is that blocks off a pistol and keycard spawn, as well as being a lot closer than the basement.

I didn't think of that, maybe he could be a replacement spawn instead of 372.

Posted  Edited by Cpt.Haxray
1 hour ago, Ralsei said:

How should filling a whole room / volume with gas as to make it impassable be handled?

The gas should be visible. I imagine it would look like a 'smoke trail'. Having it not be visible would be incredibly unfair. 

I assume you're refering to the SCP just sitting in that room going back and forth. In which case, I would classify it as camping if hes sitting there the whole round. If you just mean a SCP filling a whole area with gas and then leaving, then thats fine as the gas doesnt last forever. 

Edit: If you're refering to visually, then im not 100% sure.

Edited by Cpt.Haxray

Posted  Edited by Cpt.Haxray
18 minutes ago, strawberry crab said:

+1

for 681 a gaseous scp would definitely make for creative gameplay. though may I suggest 372's spawn room when 372 doesn't spawn in?

1 hour ago, Supreme leader 049 said:

I didn't think of that, maybe he could be a replacement spawn instead of 372.

Yeah 372's spawn could work, but it seems kinda odd to have only this or 372 spawn when they are dramatically different.

(For comparison: both 457 and 334 share the same trait of dealing damage when they are nearby people and being able to move fast).

Edited by Cpt.Haxray

Posted  Edited by Aquaticfilly0 - Edit Reason: Edit: Now looking at it from it being posted, I see a small tiny miniscule difference. Like one is grass green at noon, and the other is grass green at 2:00 Pm
3 hours ago, Ralsei said:

Perhaps the gas could be visible through night vision? If the Scp is so slow, then people could follow the gas trail to find it, and kill it before it can escape. That, or in the first 45 seconds, the gas is invisible and then becomes visible the rest of the time. Idk if this is possible to do, I don't code. Maybe an attack instead of 5 damage could release a meduim sized smoke cloud? (Don't smoke kiddies) +1 +1 from me though (Side by side, the 2 green colors are the same... for me at least.)

Edited by Aquaticfilly0
Edit: Now looking at it from it being posted, I see a small tiny miniscule difference. Like one is grass green at noon, and the other is grass green at 2:00 Pm

Agh heres the thing. I absolutely love this but here are a few issues.
-If that gas lingers, you're essentially leaving a trail of point_hurt enitities (Or similar) which could lead to some issues involving performance.
-I'd say bump damage down to 3~5 a tick. Maybe 10 as a buff in the future.
-You're shooting gas. You're literally shooting gas.
-Gas duration should be perhaps 30 seconds~1 Minute because chasing this SCP would suck if it was any longer.

Fun thing tho, I propose a few archetypes. Not all should be implemented, just one of these maybe.
-The original Idea you have. (Pretty good overall.)
-The SCP is slow with a long lasting gas trail that deals high damage. (Slow and Patient, easy to kill, hard to follow, great for ambushers and intimidation.)
-The SCP is SUPER FAST, with a mild to short lasting gas, with that deals high damage. (Easier to follow, hard to kill
-The SCP is 173 Levels of fast and Gas lasts a mild to long while dealing 5 damage a tick. (Tough to kill, but would not be too hard to survive.)