Cassie

Bring Back Operator

Just as the title says, I'm suggesting we bring back the Operator rank. No one ever told me why it was removed. Sure we have a badge for it, but half the time operators don't seem to get them. As far as I can tell, removing the operator rank from the forums has just made it harder for me to edit the breach staff list. Which is not a bonus, unless you just love lists being difficult to make.

Please add back.

Thanks.

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

Operator was a redundant rank that was removed because it had the exact same permissions as Server Admin and served no other purpose.

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

Isn't operator the same thing as trial admin? And isn't that rank only used on limited servers? Like not all the server use operator or even trial admin rank at all.

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Just now, Bae said:

Isn't operator the same thing as trial admin? And isn't that rank only used on limited servers? Like not all the server use operator or even trial admin rank at all.

Correct

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

5 minutes ago, Kite9867 said:

Just rename rank to Server Staff lol.

+1

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

We should recreate the following ranks:

Developer, Forum Mod, PR, server admin, server manager, division leader and just create one group called "teams"

then we should merge vip & supporter and create "donator" at the same cost of vip (because who doesnt like making money right? community making money =/= roy making money

then merge player and banned since people shouldnt be allowed to 

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

6 hours ago, TheSadBandit said:

We should recreate the following ranks:

Developer, Forum Mod, PR, server admin, server manager, division leader and just create one group called "teams"

then we should merge vip & supporter and create "donator" at the same cost of vip (because who doesnt like making money right? community making money =/= roy making money

then merge player and banned since people shouldnt be allowed to 

i forgot to finish my shitpost because i was dragged out of my apartment

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

Posted  Edited by Shuruia

The only reason operators had a forum group before is so that they could view certain restricted posts relevant to their duties. It practically was the same as the regular server admin group, just with a different look so you could distinguish between operators and admins.

Making things more transparent (which has been an overall goal for GFL recently) mostly eliminates the necessity for operators to have their own forum group. A lot of the things they needed to see don't really need to be restricted, so having a forum group would be unnecessary. Things are more streamlined now.

On 2/16/2019 at 7:12 PM, Duc2000 said:

Sure we have a badge for it, but half the time operators don't seem to get them.

The solution for this is for people with ACP access to stop being lazy and update the badges according to the operator lists (where applicable) that server managers maintain. The rank is almost completely non-existent now, so it ought to be easy to keep up with.

Edited by Shuruia

Pt5iuHl.png

I won't take a photo—I'll tell it through words.

Achievements

• 3 weeks later...

This rank seems redundant as mentioned earlier. @TheSadBandit's proposal for major changes to our forum group structure is off-topic and should be discussed separately so people who don't have opinions on the operator rank sees it too. I'll close this. Thank you for your suggestion!

Wanna know what I am up to? Take a look at my personal Trello board or my cards on the Development Trello board!